oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 2-0

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

When was the time we spent big money, more to the point what do you value as big money 

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017

Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year

my point is that we seem to pay big for players when maybe paying big for a manager might benefit us better?

• Like 6
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

The bit in bold is the bit that really irritates me and something that triggers me no end. Since he’s been here he’s always played the ‘underdog’ card. The ‘we’ve got the world against us’ card. Why? We’ve got a very strong squad now and we did second half of last season. Top 6 squad imo. Yet he continues to play the negative, feel sorry for us attitude. 

Why not try and create a winning mentality throughout the club, from the players to the fans? Why not go into the game and play our own formation rather then changing it to match them up? Specifically when we are *** when we play 5 at the back. Imo it rubs off on everyone associated with the club, from fans almost accepting mid-table, to the players being happy to actually time waste against bang average teams when drawing. 

We haven’t even tried to give it a go at fancying ourselves once while Warnocks been here. One word = negative.

It really does seem like he sets us up to try not to lose, rather than trying to win.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

😭

643F3D93-62C6-41DF-A3C0-72962960C5F3.png

He isn't a good footballer 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it will take long for people to figure this out.  Once the battling with defenders thing loses it's appeal with fans, there will be a realisation that there's not much else to him.  I mean, other than the tap in against Bristol City, has he actually looked like scoring a goal for us, penalty aside?  I read comments on this thread that we couldn't get him into the game?  Get him into the game?  He's here to be a focal point for all of the punts down field, that's it.  The fact that he doesn't win a lot of them, is just another problem we have with him.  Just looking at the possession loss stats so far this season, he's 3rd or 4th most so far this season, having played fewer minutes than pretty much everyone else.  If you look at it per 90 mins, he's comfortably the worst in the league for it.  That's the player he is, it's the player he was last season for Wycombe as well funnily enough.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

He isn't a good footballer 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it will take long for people to figure this out.  Once the battling with defenders thing loses it's appeal with fans, there will be a realisation that there's not much else to him.  I mean, other than the tap in against Bristol City, has he actually looked like scoring a goal for us, penalty aside?  I read comments on this thread that we couldn't get him into the game?  Get him into the game?  He's here to be a focal point for all of the punts down field, that's it.  The fact that he doesn't win a lot of them, is just another problem we have with him.  Just looking at the possession loss stats so far this season, he's 3rd or 4th most so far this season, having played fewer minutes than pretty much everyone else.  If you look at it per 90 mins, he's comfortably the worst in the league for it.  That's the player he is, it's the player he was last season for Wycombe as well funnily enough.

I dont disagree with the above, but causes choas that's what he does do well. Thats why id give him a partner if we put Sporar with him hopefully he will be clever enough to take advantage of the chaos he causes to be in on goal in games and hopefully hes got the composure to slot them home as his videos on youtube and stats suggest hes capable of. 

7 hours ago, Motor Mouth said:

We can only dream can't we.

Do you think we have the money to fund any one of these 3.?

If we really wanted Howe I definately think gibson would push the boat out no bother, same with lampard. None of the 3 seem to be massively in demand so I think only geographical circumstances would stop us rather than financial reasons. 
Out of the 3 I’d have wilder as the most realistic but wouldn’t be shocked at all if we got lampard, he literally ticks all of gibsons apparent boxes.

Final stat from me regarding the new recruits, not officially from the club, just what I've put together:-

Registered No964 Onel Hernandez

Registered No965 Andraz Sporar

Registered No966 James Lea Siliki

42 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Only watched the highlights. What a defensive shitshow both goals against were. Bamba looks like the slowest man ever to enter a football pitch. 

This is precisely why I wasn't happy about us signing him (as a player).

He might bring good vibes to the dressing room and even prove to be a good coach in time. But as a player I fear he's just going to be a liability.

I saw him put in a couple of good sprints, but more often I thought he looked clumsy and leaden footed.

Even if he gets enough game time to get match fit, I don't see him being agile enough to cope with more nimble wingers or forwards.

So I watched the game.. we should've been 1 or 2 up but as usual wasted chances. When Coventry put on the pressure we had 30 minutes of launching it straight back to them. It wasn't knocking it into the channels and trying to get them turned, it was literally launched straight into the CB's and possession wasted.