oneBoro Forum

25 Years The Riverside Rollercoaster

A new book to be launched soon. Written by a Mr A Vickers probably be a load of rubbish!! Seriously, I would imagine it is a well constructed, thoughtful publication that is a must for all Boro fans. 

Perhaps Changing Times could offer a review when available??!!

Best of luck with it, AV, I will save from my pension to afford it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

A new book to be launched soon. Written by a Mr A Vickers probably be a load of rubbish!! Seriously, I would imagine it is a well constructed, thoughtful publication that is a must for all Boro fans. 

Can he review his own work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You should all definitely buy it, and tell your friends and family to buy it as well.  It doesn't really matter if they are Boro fans or not, just get everyone you know to buy a copy.  In fact, tell strangers that you meet to buy it as well so that they don't miss out!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

You should all definitely buy it, and tell your friends and family to buy it as well.  It doesn't really matter if they are Boro fans or not, just get everyone you know to buy a copy.  In fact, tell strangers that you meet to buy it as well so that they don't miss out!

Thanks CT 😉

12 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Looking forward to it, he should have everything at his finger tips & when you think back to 95 - 2004 what an incredible journey it was, amazing really 

9 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Should be a good read. I started supporting the Boro in 1997, so it'll be interesting to learn how the first year at the CRS went - teething troubles, acclimatising from Ayresome Park, etc.

RiseAgainst, forsome reason I thought you'd been going as long as I have, strange that, dont know why, just did

I have a few scrapbboks from over the years following the mighty Boro

Including are 2 of those scrapbooks, one from the final season at AP, an A3 140 page scrapbook covering the final season at AP, the demoltion & lots, lots more, the 2nd one, agains A3, 100 plus pages, the building of the Riverside, from the storage tanks to the Riverside, match reports of the 1st full season at the Riverside

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

RiseAgainst, forsome reason I thought you'd been going as long as I have, strange that, dont know why, just did

Sadly not. The closest I'll ever get to Ayresome Park is wandering around the Barratt estate that took its place.

As a child, I was a Bradford City fan...right up to the day I stood in my front garden and watched Valley Parade burn down in the distance. That (and hooliganism on the terraces) completely put me off football for over a decade, and if the Riverside hadn't been all-seater, I might not have gone along in 1997 when my mates suggested catching a game during a holiday in the north east.

As a middle-aged nostalgic, I wish I'd seen AP, yet I probably wouldn't have dared to go in my youth. Even today, I'm a bit anxious about exits and suchlike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 7:36 PM, Changing Times said:

Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN

Hmm...

Suspicious Chris Evans GIF by Knives Out

• Like 1