• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're a yoyo club. We're just doing the 'walk the dog' trick at the minute...  

You have to remember that whatever Siliki is doing right now, he's playing under a manager that likes to completely bypass the midfield. Yesterday we resorted pretty much entirely to hoof ball. Sorry

Scott wasn't the Director of Football at Norwich, he was Head of Recruitment. His job was to identify good players at low prices who would improve the team. He did that successfully. He migh

He is hardly going to come out and say that he is looking at the direction that we intend to go with the management/coaching team whilst they are still in place...

...although I'm certain that's an area he will be addressing 

Aye, that was just the usual ‘welcome’ interview from the club. Same as the player ones. 

Hopefully BBC Tees have him on one night for an hour or so. That will no doubt delve deeper into his vision and what/how he wants to go about his work. 

Soft soap interview. He's Head Of Football. Recruitment is only one part of that. We will see his work when it comes to Warnock moving on.

I'm still wondering who the old face in a new role might be. I wonder if Scott is going to build a team under him. Almost certain I would think. It will take months and years for it to take shape. Hopefully we can have another good window in January and then start to plan for when Warnock moves on in the summer.

It will actually be easier if we are mid-table in January and everyone agrees a change is needed. I would guess Scott has an idea of coaches who he would like to see coming into Boro.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Warnock basically confirmed Siliki was Scott’s signing. If that’s the case I reckon he was involved in most the signings/ links abroad 

Proof, as if any were needed, that Scott has indeed been working for us while on "gardening leave" at Norwich. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:16 AM, Mfcdanny said:

I agree. Some posters said there was  no chance. 

I think those poster, myself included, said that he wouldn't work undercover without there being a clear understanding between Norwich and Boro. I refuse to believe that Boro or Scott would actively work together without Norwich's knowledge.

• Like 1

I doubt Norwich saw him offering Boro some support prior to joining as a conflict of interest, considering we're in different divisions and pursuing very different targets. Plus, without assisting us, he'd have been sat twiddling his thumbs throughout an entire transfer window, which would have been a waste of his talents.

It's the most overt acknowledgement yet that we are planning for the future, and when was the last time Boro fans could say that?

its a sign gibson is finally admitting its a bad idea for him to make the footballing decisions and to have every manager come in and completely change everything every couple of years. 

it will bring us some stability behind the scenes. 

7 hours ago, Borodane said:

I think those poster, myself included, said that he wouldn't work undercover without there being a clear understanding between Norwich and Boro. I refuse to believe that Boro or Scott would actively work together without Norwich's knowledge.

I never said he *was* working undercover, I just said he clearly already was working for us before he "officially" started.

• 2 weeks later...