• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're a yoyo club. We're just doing the 'walk the dog' trick at the minute...  

You have to remember that whatever Siliki is doing right now, he's playing under a manager that likes to completely bypass the midfield. Yesterday we resorted pretty much entirely to hoof ball. Sorry

Scott wasn't the Director of Football at Norwich, he was Head of Recruitment. His job was to identify good players at low prices who would improve the team. He did that successfully. He migh

6 hours ago, Duvel said:

I'm sure he can make simple passes otherwise he wouldn't have played international football or in the Champions league. Sometimes players just play really badly, none of us know whats going on behind the scenes at the moment either. 

Maybe Siliki will turn out to be a total flop I'm just saying that its a bit early to start panicking about the new head of recruitment when he hasn't even been in the job for a month yet.  

Yea I know you’re right. Think the anger is just starting to bubble. Was already so optimistic for the new season. Had a good clear out and some good signings. Then the Scott news which in my opinion is what we’ve needed for a while. Then the season starts and it just isn’t going well at all. I know it is early and league is still pretty tight so let’s see what happens over next few weeks 

Is there much point in waiting for farke if he can’t really do it at a higher level. Yes he’d be an improvement on what we have and I wouldn’t be against it but equally I’d prefer us to look for potentially better options.

And tbf I don’t think Scott will want to just turn is into Norwich 2, he will want to put his own mark on things and prove he can do it alone rather than needing hand outs from his old boss.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Is there much point in waiting for farke if he can’t really do it at a higher level. Yes he’d be an improvement on what we have and I wouldn’t be against it but equally I’d prefer us to look for potentially better options.

And tbf I don’t think Scott will want to just turn is into Norwich 2, he will want to put his own mark on things and prove he can do it alone rather than needing hand outs from his old boss.

To be fair to farke I really don’t think that Norwich squad is good enough for the premier league

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Norwich sold their best player as well in the summer.

They have a model where it’s sustainable business going up and down the league. 

it’s a stark contrast to when we went up and immediately started talking about Europe 

Did we?  Are you sure that wasn't just about the referendum?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, BoroJake said:

To be fair to farke I really don’t think that Norwich squad is good enough for the premier league

Any worse than Burnley’s promotion team? Yea yea they went down at first but they’ve stuck there long enough now with a pretty unspectacular team and really limited investment.

• Like 1

Doubt there would be a current member of our squad that would get into Norwich’s team. They may be rubbish in the Prem but we are rubbish in the champo

i think the move to get Scott is Gibbo looking to go back to the type of model Woody talked about when he got the job , albeit with a manager and structure that can deliver it,. That’s the hope anyway as I can’t for a minute see the point of Scott if the future looks anything like hoof ball 

22 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I've been surprised at how badly Norwich have started this season. I would have thought they would be much better prepared after their previous experience.

Maybe their players just aren't good enough. Maybe Farke just can't cut it at that level. Probably a bit of both.

At least they should be well prepared for another try if they do get relegated again. Though would not be surprised if they get a new manager in by Christmas if things don't improve.

They lost Buendia and Skipp from the centre of their midfield. Having to replace your midfield going into a new Premier League campaign was always going to be difficult.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

They lost Buendia and Skipp from the centre of their midfield. Having to replace your midfield going into a new Premier League campaign was always going to be difficult.

As it is for us so it seems!

10 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Any worse than Burnley’s promotion team? Yea yea they went down at first but they’ve stuck there long enough now with a pretty unspectacular team and really limited investment.

True but Dyche prefers a very different brand of football to Farke. He's basically a more sophisticated version of Warnock (plus Burnley can actually defend).