oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

Forest V Boro

The City Ground

KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021

This game is on Sky RB facility

Introduction

Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to show a big recovery from an abject away performance against Coventry where we limped out 2-0 losers, whilst our opponents playing a day later once again failed to enthrall their home supporters after leading against Cardiff but eventually losing 1-2 again.

So how will this pan out?, both teams suffering form wise, will Boro do the usual and allow a team desperate for points their first win of the season, or will we see this game as a real opportunity to go on and win a bloody game of football?

Current Form

Forest: LDLLLL

Boro: LDDLWD

This equates to awful and diabolical either way!

Previous 6 games between Forest and Boro

LLDDWW (Using Forest first and reverse this for Boro)

Even stevens then so hard to judge on the outcome let's hope we continue to pick up points.

What will the Manager do and other talking points.

Will NW see this as a "must win" game due to the current state of Forest or will he settle for a point?

Will he set up the team to score goals?

What is your preferred starting X1?

Will Payero get some game time? (unless still classed as injured)

Is Jones a bit too selfish in his play?

Who is the current Sherrif of Nottingham?

Who is your Maid Marion?

Will you grab some food at Friar Tuck's?

A view from Downsouth

We all know that probably Chris Houghton is first in line in Managerial sackings this season due to the awful state Forest are in, with or without Spence, and this game will possibly be the straw that braks the camels back or a saving grace depending on the result, simply I believe Forest have to win this or the guys gone!

As for Boro we really do need to play a game where there is no need for excuses to be offered and that we play in a way that will encourage all those who love the Boro that we have a team worthy of support. We can not be the soft spot for other teams in desperate need of points and we need to start scoring goals to achieve this.

No more "naff" and "blah" football.

Thanks for your time in reading this waffle let's hope I can waffle on and at least match DZ in terms of authoring two m/d threads

Up the Boro!

• Like 7
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

I'd call it a must win in as much as serious questions would need to be asked about Warnock if we don't win.

If we don't win, it's a worse start than the one we made under Woodgate.

Sounds like Bola won't be fit so I'm expecting a similar line-up, though hopefully McNair is available this time.

I won’t predict an XI since there’s too many potential injuries etc. My priorities for the team would be the following:

1. It has to be a back 4, we simply don’t have the players for a 3. 

2. Our best players need to play in their best positions. i.e Dijksteel at RB, Tav at #10. 

3. The man marking needs to be dropped ASAP. Our defensive structure is quite frankly a joke, Howson was so exposed on his own in midfield at Coventry it was criminal.

That last game was a real kick in the nuts. I thought we looked pretty good against Blackburn and was excited to see some new players get a run out.

Injuries to McNair and Bola exposed areas we all knew needed covering. I don't get it... did the club think Bola could play 46 games of 90 minutes? Reckless tbh. 

This feels like a must win, otherwise we're ten points off the top 6 and officially at the point of 'we're having a bad season' rather than a few disappointing results. 

I'd give Jones a rest for this one. Siliki into midfield, Tav and Hernandez as the wide forwards. 

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

That last game was a real kick in the nuts. I thought we looked pretty good against Blackburn and was excited to see some new players get a run out.

Injuries to McNair and Bola exposed areas we all knew needed covering. I don't get it... did the club think Bola could play 46 games of 90 minutes? Reckless tbh. 

This feels like a must win, otherwise we're ten points off the top 6 and officially at the point of 'we're having a bad season' rather than a few disappointing results. 

I'd give Jones a rest for this one. Siliki into midfield, Tav and Hernandez as the wide forwards. 

Forest have a RB they consider worse than Djed Spence, this isn’t the game to drop Jones for me

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd call it a must win in as much as serious questions would need to be asked about Warnock if we don't win.

If we don't win, it's a worse start than the one we made under Woodgate.

Sounds like Bola won't be fit so I'm expecting a similar line-up, though hopefully McNair is available this time.

I think he'll get away with another away defeat as the same people will echo their thoughts from the Coventry game. He won't learn anything new from the fans.

Dropping anything against Blackpool at the Riverside after could be the start of a big turn. I don't think he gets out of that kind of situation without knowing about it. No disrespect to Blackpool, they've just got a big win against Fulham at the weekend but on our patch we should be running that game from start to finish.

This is Forest’s recent run. If we have any ambition of challenging for the play offs there is no other option but a win. 

Am I confident that we will? Not at all. But it will be a good yard stick of how our season will pan out. We should be able to beat them on paper, but that’s on paper. 

I wonder what people feel about us as a team. Do you think we set up to exploit teams weaknesses or do you think we look to stop them attacking us?

180F88F3-8A2B-4EB6-9A9A-8D1CE1AA4B20.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think he'll get away with another away defeat as the same people will echo their thoughts from the Coventry game. He won't learn anything new from the fans.

Dropping anything against Blackpool at the Riverside after could be the start of a big turn. I don't think he gets out of that kind of situation without knowing about it. No disrespect to Blackpool, they've just got a big win against Fulham at the weekend but on our patch we should be running that game from start to finish.

Maybe, but this match is more widely viewable than the Coventry one

Plenty of away fans but most fans won't have watched it at home, Forest is on the red button and can be legitimately bought.

Plus, the Coventry match was on the back of a decent performance, even if we didn't win.

This Forest match is on the back of what was, by all accounts that I've read, an abject and disjointed performance and loss.

I don't think his job will be at risk if we don't win on Wednesday, but I think it could make for a very tense atmosphere on Saturday.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think his job will be at risk if we don't win on Wednesday, but I think it could make for a very tense atmosphere on Saturday.

Yeah this point I definitely agree with. Anything but a win and the game against Blackpool is going to be tense right from the off.

3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

This is Forest’s recent run. If we have any ambition of challenging for the play offs there is no other option but a win. 

Am I confident that we will? Not at all. But it will be a good yard stick of how our season will pan out. We should be able to beat them on paper, but that’s on paper. 

I wonder what people feel about us as a team. Do you think we set up to exploit teams weaknesses or do you think we look to stop them attacking us?

180F88F3-8A2B-4EB6-9A9A-8D1CE1AA4B20.jpeg

They lost the match before that Bristol City one too.

No wins in 13 matches and a manager who is severely under threat, I'm scared. 😂

50 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I won’t predict an XI since there’s too many potential injuries etc. My priorities for the team would be the following:

1. It has to be a back 4, we simply don’t have the players for a 3. 

2. Our best players need to play in their best positions. i.e Dijksteel at RB, Tav at #10. 

3. The man marking needs to be dropped ASAP. Our defensive structure is quite frankly a joke, Howson was so exposed on his own in midfield at Coventry it was criminal.

Not disagreeing with you regarding the back 4 v back 3 formation as i want us to go to back 4 as well for now BUT i would add that without Bola we dont have players to play a back 4. We need to sign this new left back urgently imo

What will the Manager do and other talking points.

Will NW see this as a "must win" game due to the current state of Forest or will he settle for a point?

Honestly I think Warnock is just going to be phoning it in for the rest of the season, He'll continue to do what he's always done, pick his favourites regardless of form or suitability for the opposition. Or blame their absence if they're unavailable.

I'm not sure he cares that much any more, whether we win, lose or draw. Though publicly he'll try to put a brave face on it.

Will he set up the team to score goals?

I don't expect so. He'll probably go with his usual tactic of setting us up not to lose...which invariably puts our defence under more pressure than it can handle.

What is your preferred starting XI?

I'd like to see us revert to 4-2-3-1. But assuming Bola is still unfit and we have to go with 3 at the back, I'd like to see something like this (either 3-5-2 or 3-4-3):

917420580_ForestvBoro2.PNG.5e1f01f93b9586b60c535a01be04256d.PNG

973672310_ForestvBoro.PNG.c6b75f25f85567415f6318d29bf51970.PNG

Will Payero get some game time? (unless still classed as injured)

Think he'll get named on the subs' bench at best. May get on for 10 minutes or so at the end. More to give one of the starters a rest than anything.

Is Jones a bit too selfish in his play?

Not that I've noticed. I'd say there are some parallels to Traore in that he has pace but often lacks end product. Hopefully the next manager can cure that, before we let him go and end up regretting it.

Who is the current Sherriff of Nottingham?

Some bloke called Professor Harminder Singh Dua, according to Wikipedia...

Who is your Maid Marion?

Hmm...has to be Lucy Griffiths, who played her in the 2006 BBC TV series (with Jonas Armstrong in the title role).

image.png.5d169b1b723926a9cd72d7a77d951f22.png

Will you grab some food at Friar Tuck's?

Since I won't be going...nope... Looks and sounds like a lovely place though. According to the details on Google Maps patrons are still required to wear a mask inside. They're also taking other Covid precautions including disinfecting tables etc.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

We all know that probably Chris Houghton is first in line in Managerial sackings this season due to the awful state Forest are in, with or without Spence, and this game will possibly be the straw that braks the camels back or a saving grace depending on the result, simply I believe Forest have to win this or the guys gone!

As for Boro we really do need to play a game where there is no need for excuses to be offered and that we play in a way that will encourage all those who love the Boro that we have a team worthy of support. We can not be the soft spot for other teams in desperate need of points and we need to start scoring goals to achieve this.

No more "naff" and "blah" football.

Have to say I'm pretty surprised at Forest's plight. Hughton has a decent reputation as a manager in the Championship. Personally I think their current woes are more down to the club than his management. If they sack him, I don't expect things will improve (much) for them.

As with most of us I agree this is a game we should be looking to win. If Warnock sets us up to defend and contain, as seems to be his usual plan, I can easily see it going the same way as the Coventry game and us getting hit with late sucker punches.

Pretty sad state of affairs when few of us seem confident of Boro getting a result against the bottom team.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)