oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

I'm disappointed with the clubs transfer window, if you have so called important players , the type who never get dropped , who are still around after three or four seasons of dross, then you have a problem, it's never gonna change , 

We should have shifted them out and replaced them with fresh talent , better talent , but we didn't, they are still here and probably picked to play at Forrest , still expecting to change , it won't happen .

UTB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

Jones isn’t selfish at all, especially when you compare him to other wingers.

My second (or glory) team is Real Madrid and he reminds me a lot of Vinicius Jr. Quick, tricky, direct and has the composure to create in the final 3rd but his shooting was never good. 

However this season Vinicius has 4 goals in 4 games and something seems to have clicked, I’m hoping the same can happen with Isaiah, that’s what he needs to improve.

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Pretty sad state of affairs when few of us seem confident of Boro getting a result against the bottom team.

These are exactly the games about which I'm always the least confident. This is Boro, after all.

I'm likely to be unpopular here, but with 12 new signings over the window, lots of outgoings/contracts ending we probably can't expect the team to gel overnight. The next international break is probably when the must-win games start because by then everybody *should* be up to speed. Not that we shouldn't beat Forest, far from it, but there are very likely to be alternating between the performance levels we saw against Blackburn and Coventry for some time yet.  

Will Payero get some game time? (unless still classed as injured)

Hope so, he must be getting there soon, right?

Is Jones a bit too selfish in his play?

No, I don't think so. He's terrifying defences, so they try to cut down his options by doubling/tripling up on him, so at times it may look like he's holding the ball too long, but he's young and will learn given the chance.

Who is your Maid Marion?

spacer.png

Who else?  

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

This is Forest’s recent run. If we have any ambition of challenging for the play offs there is no other option but a win. 

Am I confident that we will? Not at all. But it will be a good yard stick of how our season will pan out. We should be able to beat them on paper, but that’s on paper. 

I wonder what people feel about us as a team. Do you think we set up to exploit teams weaknesses or do you think we look to stop them attacking us?

180F88F3-8A2B-4EB6-9A9A-8D1CE1AA4B20.jpeg

Our form in the last 12 is only marginally better... Three wins in our last twelve, two of which came last season against sides now relegated. 

Forest are on a rotten run but they rarely get hammered. They've got every chance once we've shipped our weekly comedy goal and given them a head start. 

Will NW see this as a "must win" game due to the current state of Forest or will he settle for a point?

I don't think Neil sees any game as must-win, so much as must-not-lose. How else do you explain starting with five at the back against Coventry?

Will he set up the team to score goals?

Nope.

What is your preferred starting X1?

Not sure it really matters atm. The players haven't gelled at all, which is partly understandable but also very frustrating given the international break between the closing of the transfer window and the Coventry game. 

I have no idea what's going on here, but I suspect he won't get on the pitch, even if he's named as a sub. It seems like Warnock is deliberately keeping him out of the team - yet the abject performance of Payero's teammates on Saturday suggests we desperately need his guile and craft. 

Yes, but we can engineer him to become a more instinctive crosser of the ball. That's coachable. He could be a phenomenal player in a couple of years' time.

Who is the current Sherrif of Nottingham?

I don't know, but when I hear that phrase, I instinctively think of Alan Rickman.

Who is your Maid Marion?

That girl Anglian Red posted a picture of would do very nicely, but I suppose I should say the wife, in case she ever reads this!

Will you grab some food at Friar Tuck's?

Not going to the match (never been to an away game in my life), but I do quite like Greene King pubs. Any business that dates back to the 18th century deserves respect in this day and age, especially after the pandemic.

12 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Will NW see this as a "must win" game due to the current state of Forest or will he settle for a point?

I don't think Neil sees any game as must-win, so much as must-not-lose. How else do you explain starting with five at the back against Coventry?

Nope.

Not sure it really matters atm. The players haven't gelled at all, which is partly understandable but also very frustrating given the international break between the closing of the transfer window and the Coventry game. 

I have no idea what's going on here, but I suspect he won't get on the pitch, even if he's named as a sub. It seems like Warnock is deliberately keeping him out of the team - yet the abject performance of Payero's teammates on Saturday suggests we desperately need his guile and craft. 

Yes, but we can engineer him to become a more instinctive crosser of the ball. That's coachable. He could be a phenomenal player in a couple of years' time.

Who is the current Sherrif of Nottingham?

I don't know, but when I hear that phrase, I instinctively think of Alan Rickman.

Who is your Maid Marion?

That girl Anglian Red posted a picture of would do very nicely, but I suppose I should say the wife, in case she ever reads this!

Will you grab some food at Friar Tuck's?

Not going to the match (never been to an away game in my life), but I do quite like Greene King pubs. Any business that dates back to the 18th century deserves respect in this day and age, especially after the pandemic.

That needs to change especially if you have been in a Green King pub are you in the south by any chance, maybe I could encourage you to attend an away match

Looking back at the Coventry game we were just awful, awful in possession, often in passing the ball to a team mate & awful in our corners

We've been unconvincing this season which IMHO came to a head on Saturday

Without saying its a must win game & for me, the team that NW has now assembled looks a good enough side to challenge the top 6 but we have to go with a positive attitude & take the game to Forest from the beginning, if we show the right attitude we'll win 

UTMB

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Cheers Erimus74 you know me anything to keep up the post count averages for m/d threads.

@Blanco time to get posting Joe😉

I’ll be tuning in on the red button for this one so big win incoming. 3-0 to the Boro with Sporar getting his first goal of many for the club. UTB 

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’ll be tuning in on the red button for this one so big win incoming. 3-0 to the Boro with Sporar getting his first goal of many for the club. UTB 

I hope that everyone appreciates the research I had to do regarding the rb and mentioning it within the OP

Tough luck to those who can't be bothered to read that as I will only refer you to the op if you ask the question😁

I really don’t know who has assembled this or any recent Boro team. Morsy being the latest to public say he was sold over the managers head, like some have stated they were bought before the new manager appointed. Howson said he was coming before Monk, Downing implied Karanka didn’t want him, Payero is seemingly a Gibson buy. 

I feel that some of the squad is the managers, some the chairman as usual. This must impact on a managers thoughts and a players desire to play for a manager who didn’t bring him in wantonly. To me it is yet another recipe for disaster. The team comes first and I think we have a manager that is expected to get through the season knowing he is being replaced, the players will know it too. Where is the buy in to give 100%? Don’t talk to me about professionalism, they will all do what they need to do within the terms of their contracts, it is the level of effort that I worry about from all corners of the club until Scott, the new manager, owner, fans and players can finally sing from the same hymn sheet united. We seem like the start of a game of Trivial Pursuit. We have the cheese container and some of the wedges are being gathered, but until the final piece (new manager) is in place we can’t try to achieve the ultimate goal.

Banana skins are all over, fan discontent, player desire and unity, managerial direction and authority many of the parts are there but the final part that can gel it together and press on seems the best part of a year away. Can we all try to hold it together for the sake of the team?

Hope is one thing, reality another…… Up The Boro 

Only if you mean by set pieces.

Lumley

The obvious 4 at the back: Bola, McNair, Fry, Djiksteel

Jones and Hernandez on the wings.

Tav at 10.

Up front?  No idea.  Not seen enough of Sporar to have a clue, but he's hopefully more of a footballer than Ikpeazu.

That leaves me a couple of midfielders.  Crooks and a new kid - Payero or Siliki. 

Off the bench.

Is Jones a bit too selfish in his play?

God, no. He's exactly what he should be, confident in his ability to beat a defender.

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Question for everyone will Spence have spilled the beans?

Don't suppose he knows too much about the new arrivals and judging his recent performances does not seem to know he has team mates😆

I presume that Spence won’t be able to play in this game as he is on loan from us?

• Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)