oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I presume that Spence won’t be able to play in this game as he is on loan from us?

I thought that only applied in cup ties (for some weird reason) or that it would have to be a condition of the loan agreement? 🤷‍♂️

But I'm sure there's people that know this stuff better than me...

In any case, I don't think Spence will need to spill much. If Hughton's had his scouts watching us, he should have a fair idea what to expect.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I thought that only applied in cup ties (for some weird reason) or that it would have to be a condition of the loan agreement? 🤷‍♂️

But I'm sure there's people that know this stuff better than me...

In any case, I don't think Spence will need to spill much. If Hughton's had his scouts watching us, he should have a fair idea what to expect.

I thought it was a league rule that prevented players playing against their own club while on loan. But like yourself I’m not certain of it

Will NW see this as a "must win" game due to the current state of Forest or will he settle for a point?

I can only echo what others have said, I doubt he sees any game as a must win. He sets us up in a very non attacking formation. That it invites pressure on our already shaky defence. We have zero pace in our back three so if we are up against pacey forwards we get caught out. 

Will he set up the team to score goals?

I hope so, but as above it seems like we try to hang on in the game and try and pinch a winner towards the end, that is if we are still in it by then. In his interview before the game he said he now had options on the bench to change the game, but against Coventry his changes came too late. 

What is your preferred starting X1?

lumley

Dijk             Fry             Hall            Bola

Payero         Siliki

Tav                 Hernandez               Jones

Sporar

Will Payero get some game time? (unless still classed as injured)

unlikely, poor lad..

Is Jones a bit too selfish in his play?

I don't see it, he needs to be a little bit in order to have the confidence to beat his man, he does try and cross, and also try to score too. 

Who is the current Sherrif of Nottingham?

Pass

Who is your Maid Marion?

See image below, no idea who she is though..

Will you grab some food at Friar Tuck's?

Nope, nearest I got to that is Tuck box near to the office..

48051_1_MAID_MARIAN_KEY_ART_V717.jpg

42 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I thought it was a league rule that prevented players playing against their own club while on loan. But like yourself I’m not certain of it

They've said he's ineligible to play against us on the club site article about players out on loan.

I think you have to specifically insert a clause preventing a player being available against his parent club, unless I'm wrong, because I'm sure Coutinho played against Barcelona whilst on loan from them at Bayern as they'd forgot to mention that.

Might be automatic domestically though.

According to sentence in loan performances on MFC site, Djed not eligible to play, so at least we are spared what would have been inevitable... We proved last season that we play better against them when we are proactive rather than reactive and their defence has more holes than ours, so see no reason why we can't get a result. They have some good players but if we can get in front, then it is pretty certain their heads will go down. According to McCarthy and Brian Laws, they were out-muscled, so if Neil had someone there, then you can guarantee that will have been noted. traditionally we struggle against struggling teams, but for whatever reason, I think we are going to get a result    

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They've said he's ineligible to play against us on the club site article about players out on loan.

I think you have to specifically insert a clause preventing a player being available against his parent club, unless I'm wrong, because I'm sure Coutinho played against Barcelona whilst on loan from them at Bayern as they'd forgot to mention that.

Might be automatic domestically though.

note to self...  learn to type with two fingers 🙂

We've had a poor run, but Forest have been surprisingly awful. We can't do our usual of letting teams get back to winning ways against us.

I'd like to see us move to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Warnock has said in previous interviews that his preferred formation is 4-3-3, so I'm not sure why he seems so averse to it at the minute. I'd go with:

---------------------Lumley--------------

--Dijksteel--Fry-Mcnair--Bola--

--------- Howson------Siliki----------

----Tav------Crooks---Hernandez--

---------------------Sporar------------------

Didn't sound like Payero would be fit for this game listening to Warnock after his conspiracy injury. 

Maid_Maria_%28Robin_Hood%29.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

We've had a poor run, but Forest have been surprisingly awful. We can't do our usual of letting teams get back to winning ways against us.

I'd like to see us move to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Warnock has said in previous interviews that his preferred formation is 4-3-3, so I'm not sure why he seems so averse to it at the minute. I'd go with:

I think its because we don't have a fit LB at the moment...unless Bola is ready to return.

3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We are exactly the team forest need to play at this moment. Tempted to lump on them.

I can't see us losing this.  I know that's usually the kiss of death with Boro, but even with the start we've made this season, we are still a better side than them.  BoroBoy says banker draw, and I can see where he's coming from, but unless our confidence is shot to pieces already, then I think we can win this.  It might not be pretty or convincing mind.

4 hours ago, Downsouth said:

That needs to change especially if you have been in a Green King pub are you in the south by any chance, maybe I could encourage you to attend an away match

I live in Carlisle, which is about as far from the south as it's possible to get! Would love to go to an away game one day; I've been to around 30 stadiums as a ground-hopper, and always happy to add another one to the list...

I honestly can't see where we will get the next win from.

The lack of cover on the left makes releasing Marv even more ridiculous. However the most frustrating thing is that we look to have a decent team, at least from an attacking perspective.

This is the first of 5 games for me with the Warnock lifeline. 3 wins minimum required. Failure to get that and we might as well focus on where we want to go next season, now.

• Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)