oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

10 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I think its because we don't have a fit LB at the moment...unless Bola is ready to return.

That's the thing that is baffling me though. So ok, we don't have a lb, so instead you switch to wing backs of which we neither have a left or right wing back. So now instead of filling one hole you have two to fill. Not to mention keeping some (supposedly) high quality players on the bench to accommodate it like JLS why you put in someone like Bamba who lets be honest should be nothing but a last last last resort.

• Like 3
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Blanco said:

I’ll be tuning in on the red button for this one so big win incoming. 3-0 to the Boro with Sporar getting his first goal of many for the club. UTB 

Not to concede is a big ask me thinks. 🤔
A mate of mine is a Forest fan and he will be there tomorrow so I really want us to thump them. But I just don't see it. We rarely do well at Forest and the fact that they have not won a game yet makes it the perfect time to play Boro.
We always seem to make a right hash of it when we are playing teams that are struggling. (Not that we aren't!)
Sorry for the negativity but I am going to put us down for a 1-0 defeat and another PP performance.

So hope I am proved wrong.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Not to concede is a big ask me thinks. 🤔
A mate of mine is a Forest fan and he will be there tomorrow so I really want us to thump them. But I just don't see it. We rarely do well at Forest and the fact that they have not won a game yet makes it the perfect time to play Boro.
We always seem to make a right hash of it when we are playing teams that are struggling. (Not that we aren't!)
Sorry for the negativity but I am going to put us down for a 1-0 defeat and another PP performance.

So hope I am proved wrong.

We beat them there last season, even Woodgate managed a draw and they're in worse form than they've ever been in.

We'll see though.

59 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

That's the thing that is baffling me though. So ok, we don't have a lb, so instead you switch to wing backs of which we neither have a left or right wing back. So now instead of filling one hole you have two to fill. Not to mention keeping some (supposedly) high quality players on the bench to accommodate it like JLS why you put in someone like Bamba who lets be honest should be nothing but a last last last resort.

I will have the Champions League on if he plays 5 at the back again. As you say, instead of having one out of position player (the LB), we end up with two, plus a semi-retired centre half.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

Though we do have a couple of defensive midfielders who, in theory, ought to be able to help out the back 3. Which is why I went with regular wingers in my 3-5-2 line-up.

Also agree about Bamba. If Peltier is available, why would you not play him?

Kind of kills the buzz about us bringing in so many players during the transfer window, with some glaringly obvious omissions now apparent. No cover at LB and no players suited to the wing-back role if we go to 3 at the back.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I will have the Champions League on if he plays 5 at the back again. As you say, instead of having one out of position player (the LB), we end up with two, plus a semi-retired centre half.

Forest lost 5 of 6, drew one. Boro lost 2, drew 3. By nature we could have turned at least one drew into a win, possibly two, we must be favourites. I’m sure NW will bellow never underestimate, they are playing better then the results suggest, they been unlucky at times but if NW goes defensive I’ll be watching golf.. 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Absolutely no excuse not to win this, so we'll lose 3-0

It’s going to be interesting to see 3 goals with a back five. Mind at school I remember playing with a very strong wind that could have blown an elephant off its feet, and nearly every ball launched towards there goal caused issues. Went in six up at half time and scored four second half as the wind died down. They were knackered after the first half just trying to get out there own box. I remember the game well not because of the result or wind, but because I was covered in big sh*7 from a slide tackle and was retching so bad. Oh Lord just did the same thinking about it.. 

BORO for a clean sheet is very optimistic but we will be 3-0 winners. 

2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Was always going to be needed a lot this season, we needed a cb desperately and we signed a man who hadn't played games in over two years. Fry and hall have had injury problems in recent history and McNair had a bad history of injuries prior to joining us. Add to that dijksteel is injury prone and we let Spence go. 

I said at the time it's absolutely crazy to bring in bamba and peltier to cover the defence positions as they'll be needed a lot. 

• Like 1

I'm inclined to agree with DZ I can see a 3-0 defeat looming on the horizon

I am of course hoping for a 3-0 victory but at the moment I cannot see it

I wondered if Malleys'  45 minutes was significant last night .  Siliki or Payero to do the other half ?

The line up will almost certainly be 4-2-3-1 to match up with Forest.  So Peltier to play left back ?

Who's fit ?  McNair ?  Bola?

Try second guessing brother Warnock - you'll probably get it wrong

20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We beat them there last season, even Woodgate managed a draw and they're in worse form than they've ever been in.

We'll see though.

A couple of the rare occasions those results. 😉
On paper we should hammer this present Forest team. Pity the game is played on a pitch. 🤪

• Like 1

14th April 1973 the Boro won 3-1 at the City ground, with goals from a John Hickton penalty & a brace from Alan Foggon, this was the last win at their ground till Brian Deane scored an 87th minute winner to record a 2-1 win on the 20th March 1999. Taken us 14 games over 26 years to overcome Forest

29/11/1902 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Forest 1 Boro 0 

It will be the 48th meeting on the east midlands between both teams with the following record:

Won 10

Drew 16

Lost 21

Goals scored – 63

Goals against - 79 

Hattricks & more v Forest 

Andrew Nesbit Wilson scored all 5 goals at Ayresome Park in a 5-2 win becoming the 2nd Boro player to score 5 goals in a senior game

Wilf Mannion bagged a hattrick in a 6-2 FAC 5th round replay at Ayresome Park on the 12th February 1947, it was Wilf’s 3rd HT, the 54th at AP & 70th in total, he became the 26th different Boro player to score a HT

Brian Clough bagged a hattrick in a 4-0 win at the City Ground, on the 10th November 1956, it was our 15th away hattrick & 83rd in total, BC became the 32nd different Boro player to score a HT

A number of players who played for both team

1899 - 1900  J McCracken 1st transfer between both clubs

Colin Cooper

Brian Laws

Mark Proctor 

Paul Wilkinson

Daniel Ayala

Dave Currie

Mark Crossley

Paul Smith GK our 1st loaned player from Forest

Ishmail Miller 

Adlene Guedioura

Viv Anderson - Our oldest debutant

Mike Kear

Not forgetting the 3 who played for the mighty Boro & worked together at Forest 

Brian Clough,  222 games, 202 goals, including eleven hattricks,, 4 goals x 5 & 5 goals x 1

Peter Taylor GK 146 games

Jimmy Gordon 253 games, 4 goals

Colin Todd played for Forest & was manager & assistant manager at the Boro

Also players who played for us & I wished they hadn't

Sadly, Peter Davenport our one time record signing

Double sadly, Britt Assombalonga, our present record signing

• Like 2

Mike Kear..  there's a blast from the past..   always put in the effort and never let his head go down..  one of those lads you would always give a cheer if they were playing against you..  think he ended up in Belgium if I remember right.

if he plays wing backs again jesus help us. but if he does and i mean that because i bet he does it. i'd prefer to see tav and dijkstill in different positions after that disaster of a performance. 

------dijksteel fry hall

tav---------peltier-------jones

--------howson  siliki

-----hernandez

------------uche

its horrible for us obviously but its essentially a 442 if jones pushes high up(and he will) with peltier just covering the back 3 and dropping in if a wingback bombs high up. you know like clayton and leadbitter used to do for kranky. siliki supporting the left side and jowson supporting the right. seems like it would be better suited to us that what we had vs coventry. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)