oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Erimus74 said:

14th April 1973 the Boro won 3-1 at the City ground, with goals from a John Hickton penalty & a brace from Alan Foggon, this was the last win at their ground till Brian Deane scored an 87th minute winner to record a 2-1 win on the 20th March 1999. Taken us 14 games over 26 years to overcome Forest

29/11/1902 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Forest 1 Boro 0 

It will be the 48th meeting on the east midlands between both teams with the following record:

Won 10

Drew 16

Lost 21

Goals scored – 63

Goals against - 79 

Hattricks & more v Forest 

Andrew Nesbit Wilson scored all 5 goals at Ayresome Park in a 5-2 win becoming the 2nd Boro player to score 5 goals in a senior game

Wilf Mannion bagged a hattrick in a 6-2 FAC 5th round replay at Ayresome Park on the 12th February 1947, it was Wilf’s 3rd HT, the 54th at AP & 70th in total, he became the 26th different Boro player to score a HT

Brian Clough bagged a hattrick in a 4-0 win at the City Ground, on the 10th November 1956, it was our 15th away hattrick & 83rd in total, BC became the 32nd different Boro player to score a HT

A number of players who played for both team

1899 - 1900  J McCracken 1st transfer between both clubs

Colin Cooper

Brian Laws

Mark Proctor 

Paul Wilkinson

Daniel Ayala

Dave Currie

Mark Crossley

Paul Smith GK our 1st loaned player from Forest

Ishmail Miller 

Adlene Guedioura

Viv Anderson - Our oldest debutant

Mike Kear

Not forgetting the 3 who played for the mighty Boro & worked together at Forest 

Brian Clough,  222 games, 202 goals, including eleven hattricks,, 4 goals x 5 & 5 goals x 1

Peter Taylor GK 146 games

Jimmy Gordon 253 games, 4 goals

Colin Todd played for Forest & was manager & assistant manager at the Boro

Also players who played for us & I wished they hadn't

Sadly, Peter Davenport our one time record signing

Double sadly, Britt Assombalonga, our present record signing

Thanks for this I witnessed the game both Ricard and deane's goal well taken

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Doesn't sound like Bola, McNair or Payero will be fit tomorrow.

how on earth do we not have another LB its mental. stick tav there, he'll do a job and then pick an actually set up that suits the players, like:

dijk--------fry--hall--------tav

---------howson siliki

hernandez-------------jones

----------uche sporar

or 

dijk--------fry--hall--------tav

-----howson siliki Malley

-hernandez--uche----jones

12 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

if he plays wing backs again jesus help us. but if he does and i mean that because i bet he does it. i'd prefer to see tav and dijkstill in different positions after that disaster of a performance. 

------dijksteel fry hall

tav---------peltier-------jones

--------howson  siliki

-----hernandez

------------uche

its horrible for us obviously but its essentially a 442 if jones pushes high up(and he will) with peltier just covering the back 3 and dropping in if a wingback bombs high up. you know like clayton and leadbitter used to do for kranky. siliki supporting the left side and jowson supporting the right. seems like it would be better suited to us that what we had vs coventry. 

If I see peltier at defensive midfield then I’m watching the champion’s league instead 😂

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

If I see peltier at defensive midfield then I’m watching the champion’s league instead 😂

I can see Peltier at left back if Bola does not make it if NW does want to play a back 4. Warnock said Peltier comfortable at left back in a back 4 but would not stick him there in a back 5 as he struggles to get past half way line.

Can see following if he wants a back 4 and Paddy n Bola remain out

Lumley

Dijk Fry Hal Peltier

Howson Siliki

Tav Crooks Onel

Uche

Young Jones given a rest.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Who's the left back for our u23s? Surely trying them out would be better than doubly weakening our side by keeping Jones out of our forward line when he's clearly not a left back. 

It was Jack Robinson, but he got loaned out. Think it might be Kokolo now

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Thanks for this I witnessed the Brian Deane brace, second goal was great!

34 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Thanks for this I witnessed the game both Ricard and deane's goal well taken

Enjoy the goals

Interesting points from Warnock's interview:

- Coventry loss largely down to off games from key players. Made mistakes and bad decisions then tried too hard, should have gone back to basics

- Losing Paddy was huge blow (Why the f*** did NI run him into the ground for 95 minutes on a plastic pitch in a friendly?) Unlikely he plays tomorrow 

- Says Siliki was okay with the ball but didn't do enough off it. New boys need to adapt fast 

- Payero trained well and would have started on Saturday but hurt his ankle right at the end of training. Doubt for tomorrow 

- Asked: "Is Forest an easy game?" Reply: "They probably think we are, if they watched us on Saturday"

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting points from Warnock's interview:

- Coventry loss largely down to off games from key players. Made mistakes and bad decisions then tried too hard, should have gone back to basics

- Losing Paddy was huge blow (Why the f*** did NI run him into the ground for 95 minutes on a plastic pitch in a friendly?) Unlikely he plays tomorrow 

- Says Siliki was okay with the ball but didn't do enough off it. New boys need to adapt fast 

- Payero trained well and would have started on Saturday but hurt his ankle right at the end of training. Doubt for tomorrow 

- Asked: "Is Forest an easy game?" Reply: "They probably think we are, if they watched us on Saturday"

Certainly agree with this especially with Jones, he had a bad game

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Certainly agree with this especially with Jones, he had a bad game

Thought he was okay personally, Tav and Dijksteel stuck out more to me and it's the first game I've seen a centre half completely neutralize Uche.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)