oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Certainly agree with this especially with Jones, he had a bad game

Yep, I'm inclined to at least part way agree with Warnock's assessment. Dijksteel stood out to me as having a stinker as he's normally so reliable. 

Next three games will prove whether it was a bad day at the office or we're just bad. 

53 minutes ago, MMC said:

Thought he was okay personally, Tav and Dijksteel stuck out more to me and it's the first game I've seen a centre half completely neutralize Uche.

Yeah thought Jones, while definitely not as effective as other games, still put a shift in and definitely wasn't bad. 

Agree with you that Tav and Dijksteel had absolute stinkers. That was possibly the worst game I've seen Tav play in a very long time, just didn't seem to be able to do anything right. 

Really think it should have been him to go off instead of Onel, although I understand that was probably a match fitness thing.

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yeah thought Jones, while definitely not as effective as other games, still put a shift in and definitely wasn't bad.

Was one of the only players to come out with credit from the game. Arguably out of position and not having a great deal of chances to do his attacking work well, he defended really well for a winger. He does put himself about in attacking positions too, doesn't always give up the ghost after one challenge.

• Like 2

Very important to get points on the board for me, more so than a good performance. Hopefully get the midfield sorted defensively and rub of the green/decent ref, which has definitely contributed to bad results so far. The Coventry match made me want to self harm.😭.

Who would be my maid marian? Well ...........

Screenshot_20210914-185623_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolute must win game in order to get us back on track against a poor forest team, so heres what id go with - 

Lumley

Dijk Fry Hall Peltier

Tav Howson Crooks Onel

Uche  Sporar

Tell Uche to cause chaos and ask Sporar to make sure hes on hand to take advantage of the choas. Put Jones on the bench as a impact player for second half put ultimately give him an break. 

39 minutes ago, beanflickingchampion said:

Very important to get points on the board for me, more so than a good performance. Hopefully get the midfield sorted defensively and rub of the green/decent ref, which has definitely contributed to bad results so far. The Coventry match made me want to self harm.😭.

Is this a copy of a new match day programs? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, beanflickingchampion said:

Very fitting username.

7 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting points from Warnock's interview:

- Coventry loss largely down to off games from key players. Made mistakes and bad decisions then tried too hard, should have gone back to basics

- Losing Paddy was huge blow (Why the f*** did NI run him into the ground for 95 minutes on a plastic pitch in a friendly?) Unlikely he plays tomorrow 

- Says Siliki was okay with the ball but didn't do enough off it. New boys need to adapt fast 

- Payero trained well and would have started on Saturday but hurt his ankle right at the end of training. Doubt for tomorrow 

- Asked: "Is Forest an easy game?" Reply: "They probably think we are, if they watched us on Saturday"

I thought that what we were actually doing was fairly basic as it was 🤷‍♂️

Tomorrow we haven't got a left back, and Forest don't have a right back.

Spence is ineligible, and their other two right backs are injured or self-isolating. 

They'll be playing an 18 year old fittingly call Fin Back.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Tomorrow we haven't got a left back, and Forest don't have a right back.

Spence is ineligible, and their other two right backs are injured or self-isolating. 

I thought Warnock in pre-season said that Peltier can cover the left hand side?  I'm sure he did.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought Warnock in pre-season said that Peltier can cover the left hand side?  I'm sure he did.

If I remember rightly, he said the exact opposite.

I'm sure he said that Peltier could cover centre back and right back but it was a bit much to expect him to play left back as well.

But he's started saying in the last few weeks that he can play there in a back 4, which I expect is probably because he and the club messed up on bringing in a back up left back.

• Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)