oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Id take a 1-0 win with an own goal right this minute ha

Well, I think we all would really.  Obviously most would like to see a good performance as well but I think we'd all settle for a win however we get there, and to me this is the exact type of game to get it in.  I know people say the typical Boro stuff, and I get it of course, but if you need a win then I'd rather play against a team who keeps losing than one who keeps winning.  If they were just on a poor fun of form then you can say it's just half a dozen games or whatever, and it still will be tough, but they've been struggling for over a year.  Losing this game would be pretty bad from our perspective but I don't think we will.

• Like 1
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

3 hours ago, sanddancer said:

I never looked at it that way but now thinking about it either manager not loosing would be seen a bonus.. I hope we play our game, what is our game, to our strength and not try to mirror there set up. It worries me that we have not resolved our scoring statistic and now our back are as good as a wet tissue paper. 
Still going for a 3-0 win for the hell of it. 

I hope your predicition is right mate. All depends on who is fit I suppose and how we set up. Derby and Coventry away was far too negative from the start

33 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well, I think we all would really.  Obviously most would like to see a good performance as well but I think we'd all settle for a win however we get there, and to me this is the exact type of game to get it in.  I know people say the typical Boro stuff, and I get it of course, but if you need a win then I'd rather play against a team who keeps losing than one who keeps winning.  If they were just on a poor fun of form then you can say it's just half a dozen games or whatever, and it still will be tough, but they've been struggling for over a year.  Losing this game would be pretty bad from our perspective but I don't think we will.

For once I'm going to be the negative Nancy and atm I have no trust in Warnock making the right direction away from home. (I've been stung twice this season at Derby and Coventry). Selection and shape has been completely wrong and far too negative for me and I honestly believe that Forest will want this far more than us.

Until we sort our midfield out and get a balance and link between midfield-defence and midfield-attack then we are going to struggle.

Obviously now I've typed this I'm going to look an idiot and we will win 2-0 with Warnock getting his selections spot on.

Actually looking forward to the match. Haven't watched in recent weeks, so it'll be good to see a couple of the new players for the first time in a Boro shirt. 

Really wish we were on the redbutton every time like other teams seem to be.

If we set up to not lose and end up losing to suckerpunches like last game, I'M OFICIALLY joining the Warnock out gang! 

I would go with: 

Lumley 

Dijk, Fry, Hall 
Tav, Siliki, Payero, Jones 
Onel, Uche, Sporar

Full on attack, no excuses .. Just hammer them!

They are down in a hole .. Let it stay like that! 

But there's no team to end a non winning streak against, like Boro ... 

I honestly don't know how I want us to go about this with the likelihood that Bola is still out. I hate the idea of playing us lopsided and Jones actually did a decent job at wing-back at the weekend all things considered.

But I also hate the idea that's where he's gonna find himself for the foreseeable instead of doing what he does best.

I'll settle on full-backs though, even if Bola is out. Assuming no McNair and no Payero too.

Lumley
Dijksteel Fry Hall Peltier
Howson Siliki
Crooks
Hernandez Uche Jones

Tav is class when he's on it, we saw some great stuff against Blackburn and I certainly wouldn't bemoan him starting this game by any means. I just think out of the 3 players I think he really has to challenge to get into this team, I'd prefer Crooks, Hernandez and Jones for this one. I guess he could be in there instead of Siliki too but I imagine Siliki will generally be a better all-round midfielder. Not a bad option to bring Tav off the bench either. Him, Jones or Hernandez you'd think would all be able to impact a game from the bench more than most in our squad, it's kind of nice to have those options though.

I've gone for Uche as the Forest radio lad had said they were bullied by Cardiff when they beat them and I'm not sure Sporar is really the bullying type? I guess we'll see. Again, wouldn't complain if it was either up front. Don't think there's many outside of Fry and Jones I would complain about being dropped to be honest.

31 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

For once I'm going to be the negative Nancy and atm I have no trust in Warnock making the right direction away from home. (I've been stung twice this season at Derby and Coventry). Selection and shape has been completely wrong and far too negative for me and I honestly believe that Forest will want this far more than us.

Until we sort our midfield out and get a balance and link between midfield-defence and midfield-attack then we are going to struggle.

Obviously now I've typed this I'm going to look an idiot and we will win 2-0 with Warnock getting his selections spot on.

3-0 👌

• Like 1

NW.. 

With that in mind, it's no surprise to hear Warnock admit his disappointment at Boro's start. He's not disappointed at his side's displays, on the whole, just the points tally and the fact it's just the one win so far as Boro head to the City Ground to face bottom club Nottingham Forest tonight.
 I am honestly asking myself if I’ve been watching a different team

"It's no good lying and saying we’re not (behind target) I’m disappointed that we’ve not won at least four of the games really," said Warnock. 
Seriously I can’t think which four would that be

“That is life. You don’t get everything you deserve. I don’t think we’ve had much luck either. I still think you need a bit of luck here and there so I don’t think we’ve had much of that. All about that luck which I believe he must be referring to the officials? 

Sometimes it’s best to say nothing at all. 

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Looks like no bola or payero from the video of players coming off the bus on boro’s twitter

Aye, I saw Malley there mind. Maybe comes onto the bench in place of McNair.

Didn't see Howson, Jones, Peltier or Olusanya in that vid either though Daniels and Uche only appear for a split second each.

41 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I don't think you're being negative to be fair mate, I do get where you're coming from, and what you're saying there is pretty much spot on I'd say.  I just think that we will be up for this.  Warnock will have gotten into at least a few of the players after the weekend.  For as much as we are on a downer about our start to the season, Forest have one point, and as I said earlier, this isn't just this season for them, it's going back months.  It wouldn't surprise me if the new lad plays in midfield tonight alongside Howson to try and tighten that area up a bit.  To me our problem remains our style of play rather than the formation mind.  I did also wonder if he'd go with Sporar and Ikpeazu both up top together, try and get a partnership formed.

• Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)