oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Peltier was an obvious weak link in place of Bola... and McNair is one of our best players. Put them back in and out first XI will be decent. 

I thought Peltier had quite a good game myself. Prefer Bola obv

• Like 1
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Peltier was an obvious weak link in place of Bola... and McNair is one of our best players. Put them back in and out first XI will be decent. 

Peltier barely put a foot wrong?! 

• Like 1

As others have said, good result, crap performance.

Its so frustrating watching us play with such a dated plan. I think of how we played under Aitor, Leadbitter and Clayton controlling games and having a billion touches, our patterns of play seemed deliberate and well coached. With Warnock its literally shank/hoof or find any way to get it to one of our wingers and hope they can either create something or get fouled to win a free kick or corner. I'd love to see what a proper coach could do with this group, however it looks like we're going to waste the positive new signings and the likes of Tav/Fry on Warnocksaurus. Must be horrendous playing midfield in this team. You see absolutely nothing of the ball.

• Like 2

Pretty similar to how we usually play, pretty poorly with a few minutes where we really show our quality sprinkled in. Until Warnock is gone I think that's unfortunately what we can expect, and we just have to hope the moments of quality we can take advantage of like we did today. 

Think we had a couple of really good bits of play right at the start of the second half that should have resulted in goals, Hernandez shooting when Sporar was free in the middle & then Crooks pass being too heavy after a great run.

Other than that it was the standard fare we've come to expect really.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Peltier barely put a foot wrong?! 

I'm not saying he played bad as such... but they were targeting his lack of pace down their right.

Bola is quick and a threat going forward too... I just think we look way better with him in the side. 

as someone previously said, youre only as good as your allowed to be. and i will try togive a fair and balanced assessment. Due to recent pathetic performances and our everlasting hunt for some ingenjity and flair in the assist areas of play we came into this game in a position of it being a must win/ cannot lose game. so in that cold sense its a fantastic result , im heartened by the slight uptempo of our play in general but theres still much that needs sharpening in our offence, defensively our back four were very sound on the whole and it was a much less harrowing experience  studying our keepers involvement than last season. siliki impressed me, howson not so much but crooks was the pick of the midfielders tonight, im abig tav fan but he was wasteful tonight imo. i liked what i saw of sporar and he didnt mess around with his strike for the goal, lets hope hes as suprising a success as ricard was goal wise. diksteel had poor moments and good moments, fry and hall were good , so lots of  positives there but im still far from convinced that play offs are a genuine possibility. As abject as Forest were, they still had far too much possessionbetween our midfield and defence.ITS A NICE FEELING contemplating a decent performance and a very welcome 3 points.

I don’t disagree with that. Bola will be back in as soon as he’s fit. But Peltier showed all his experience tonight - they tried to get that kid (forget his name) one on one with him but Pelts had too much nouse and always had a top starting position. He’ll be a useful back up across all the back 4.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I'm not saying he played bad as such... but they were targeting his lack of pace down their right.

Bola is quick and a threat going forward too... I just think we look way better with him in the side. 

Every team looks better with their first choice players in the team. Peltier showed himself to be a reasonable option for when Bola is unavailable. Lots to be happy with tonight 

• Like 4

NW confirms Silikinhad a strain so could be doubtful but in same sentence added Payero should be fit for Sat. Hoping he starts if two games in 3 days is too much for Siliki

Credit to Peltier. Not easy playing out of position but stuck to his task. Obv if Bola fit for Saturday great as gives us correct balance.

Would not bring Paddy back in as thought the two centre halves were good. Albeit I suspect Siliki will be rested Sat and Paddy comes in for him. I would rather Payero started for Siliki and gave Paddy few extra days

We need to beat Blackpool and go on a little run. It's what we haven't done under Warnock. Very inconsistent game to game. 

Fingers crossed we can now go a few unbeaten.  If we are going to do anything this season we have to.

• Like 1

For the first time in ages I didnt bother listening but caught up on this thread so firstly, thanks to contributors.

I can take playing extremely badly if we win; end goal this season is to be playing Prem football next. Whether that looks realistic isnt relevant - thats the goal. If we dont look like getting it and our long term managerial target is financially viable then I would absolutely sack Warnock.