oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

The loss of points agreed in principle by Derby and the EFL added to the satisfaction of last nights victory.

Has it been confirmed that Hughton has left Forest?

Not confirmed, but John Percy is about as reliable as they come for  football journalists

Interesting that NW himself stated they played like NW side. So NW does have some idea what a team should look and play like.. That’s putting in a good shift for each other.. 

It was a scrappy game with far to many unnecessary bookings for me. Low fitness levels. Poor play decisions, dear me get your head up, pass more. Not enough quick passing and too many sloppy ones. No obvious leader at set pieces or in midfield. Not enough balls into the box. 

That said there was a lot more determination and belief and a willingness to get dirty. At the final whistle they demonstrated the game actually meant something to them. 

The fans drove the game. Forest who turned against there club and BORO who lifted team spirt. Credit to the BORO fans for yet another great shift. 

If this is to mean anything they need 3 points from the next game and nothing short of 6 over the next 3 games. 

10 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The playoff push is back on track. Great to see Sporar get his thunder strike and Hernandez get his gift will boost their introduction to our squad. Meanwhile Sikli did some good stuff 

Points 9 from 7 (1.2 points) goals 8 for, 8 against is hardly play off form.  It’s a long way to go and there is some signs of promise but I don’t take much from this game as Forest, although they tried hard are pretty dire. 

10 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

Really enjoyed that tonight, I thought we broke with pace, at times silly passing let in Forest

Andrez scored a cracking goal to go in 1-0at HT

2nd half we stood our ground as Forest tried to unsettle us, we stood firm & came back at them getting a 2nd to take the points back to Teesside, gerrrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnn there 

Need another 2 wins in 2 games to get around 1.66 points avg and I think given the reaction at the end of the game it’s quite possible. The BORO fans were superb.. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Brunners said:

Pretty similar to how we usually play, pretty poorly with a few minutes where we really show our quality sprinkled in. Until Warnock is gone I think that's unfortunately what we can expect, and we just have to hope the moments of quality we can take advantage of like we did today. 

Think we had a couple of really good bits of play right at the start of the second half that should have resulted in goals, Hernandez shooting when Sporar was free in the middle & then Crooks pass being too heavy after a great run.

Other than that it was the standard fare we've come to expect really.

I could stomach that better if we were solid in defence!

Still, we really should beat Blackpool and be back among the top half pack. 

I always worry about Blackpool they always seem to have our number as far back as the game when Adam (when he only looked in his 40s) destroyed us at home. 

It wasn't pretty but great to get the 3 points and it was nice to see the luck being on our side (the howler) for a change. Hopefully the win will help us pick up some momentum and get back into the playoff/promotion race.

One downside from the game just seen on twitter Hernandez got the 7 nation army chant for his name. 

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati

We played some nice stuff in patches but looked disjointed during other spells. It’s an improvement and great to see Sporar get off the mark. He looks very confident. Siliki is still off the pace but that will come. Defensively we’ve still got a bit of tuning up to do but with Bola to come back in and the midfield to settle down, you’d expect that to develop over time. I’d like to see us keep a little more of the ball as that would help us defensively. We did that quite nicely at times last night. We won’t get many easier nights than that though Forest we’re appalling.

• Like 1

Given how little Siliki has played, I'm definitely willing to be patient with him.

Last night was more football than he'd played domestically in the rest of 2021 combined.

23 minutes at Rennes and 28 minutes on Saturday.

71 minutes last night, he's bound to be a bit rusty, but he still managed as many decent passes as he made bad ones.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

I thought Peltier had quite a good game myself. Prefer Bola obv

Same here - especially considering he usually plays as either a RB or CB.

Once Bola's back I'd rather see him in the middle instead of Hall or Bamba. Also the sooner we get (proper) cover for Bola the better.

12 hours ago, Brunners said:

Pretty similar to how we usually play, pretty poorly with a few minutes where we really show our quality sprinkled in. Until Warnock is gone I think that's unfortunately what we can expect, and we just have to hope the moments of quality we can take advantage of like we did today. 

Think we had a couple of really good bits of play right at the start of the second half that should have resulted in goals, Hernandez shooting when Sporar was free in the middle & then Crooks pass being too heavy after a great run.

Other than that it was the standard fare we've come to expect really.

Pretty good summary.

I thought we actually played some decent football for the first 15-20 minutes. Then after we scored, we seemed to revert to hoofball - but worse than usual. At times it was more like watching a rugby union game where both sides opt for the chip n' chase style of play.

Felt Forest actually played the better football in the middle of the park (just) and had some decent wide play. Boro were just lucky they were as bad as us in front of goal.

In the end the game was decided by our one bit of quality play in a dangerous position and a defensive howler on Forest's part.

Good result, but still an awful lot of work needed to get us playing as a team.

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Siliki showed some flashes of his quality. Clearly he’s technically sound; he just needs to adjust to the pace/tempo of the game and how he fits in with the way we play.

This. He got caught off guard a few times, and there were a few occasions where he didn't quite put enough on his passes. But the quality was clear to see, once he's up to pace (along with Payero) I think our midfield will be a real area of strength.

• Like 1