oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

22 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I’d rather play him in the middle behind the striker but give him a bit of a free roam to go wide and cut in too

I think for the moment we already have very good options for the number 10 role and not so much on the right wing but I agree that Tav's long term position is CAM/CM but he seems to perform just as well on the wing too.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I think for the moment we already have very good options for the number 10 role and not so much on the right wing but I agree that Tav's long term position is CAM/CM but he seems to perform just as well on the wing too.

After the last couple of games, I'd be tempted to put Watmore in #10. Crooks has done the odd good thing in support of his fellow forwards but has drifted from his bright start a little. And I think we saw the best from Watmore last season buzzing around a striker. Gives us something a bit different to Crooks and Tav.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

After the last couple of games, I'd be tempted to put Watmore in #10. Crooks has done the odd good thing in support of his fellow forwards but has drifted from his bright start a little. And I think we saw the best from Watmore last season buzzing around a striker. Gives us something a bit different to Crooks and Tav.

If it's off Uche I think this could work, not sure how effective it would be with him trying to play off Sporar.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think whilst we're still play Warnock-ball that I like Crooks in the 10 as an aerial presence high up the pitch, Sporar isn't a target man but it looks like he wants to run in behind off of through balls and flick ons so they should create a good tandem.

Crooks won't be dropped because he's a massive part of the way we play, ie long for him to win. Unfortunately he loses the ball a lot and I think he was probably responsible for over 50% of our attacks breaking down last night. 

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Crooks won't be dropped because he's a massive part of the way we play, ie long for him to win. Unfortunately he loses the ball a lot and I think he was probably responsible for over 50% of our attacks breaking down last night. 

Crooks is so much then just a guy to lump it to. He’s a great footballer and is technically very sound. Last night Siliki was the one who gave the ball away every time he had it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Crooks is so much then just a guy to lump it to. He’s a great footballer and is technically very sound. Last night Siliki was the one who gave the ball away every time he had it.

Tbf lea silikis pass percentage was 40 and crooks was 48. Both are terrible. You'd expect crooks to be up to speed is the difference. 

Crooks isn't really much of a passer, nope. I don't think you're really going to see much of him playing a defence splitting pass.

But yeah, he'll win flick-ons, he'll score goals himself and he'll get involved in the build-up. He gets in and around his fellow attackers to support them quite well. He's not that bad with the ball at his feet for a big lad, too. A couple of off games but a good start to the season for him.

I think he's a nice player to have in the squad even if we do change tact, too. Probably not a certain starter as he has been for us this season but I also certainly don't think he's just a stereotypical 'big lad', as much as that is an asset he has in his locker.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I always worry about Blackpool they always seem to have our number as far back as the game when Adam (when he only looked in his 40s) destroyed us at home. 

It wasn't pretty but great to get the 3 points and it was nice to see the luck being on our side (the howler) for a change. Hopefully the win will help us pick up some momentum and get back into the playoff/promotion race.

One downside from the game just seen on twitter Hernandez got the 7 nation army chant for his name. 

Well we could argue Forest was always a worry but that’s been put to bed. Bring on Blackpool. In my youth I had some great nights out down there, trouble is I can’t remember much about them. 

20 hours ago, Brunners said:

Not sure he would have had a good review of him - I think he was the guy that got the wrong side of Sporar for the goal & then he missed a sitter at the end of the first half.

I have never been impressed with him but they have watched him for a while now. He was expected to sign form them in the summer but for some reason fell through.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I have never been impressed with him but they have watched him for a while now. He was expected to sign form them in the summer but for some reason fell through.

Didn't they sign another centre-back this summer? Honestly, unless Mee and/or Tarkowski leave or retire, I'm not sure I'd want to go to Burnley as a centre-back unless you're happy to bench-warm in the Prem (which some are).

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He's also the guy that should have given away the clearest handball you'll ever see vs Derby that he somehow got away with.