Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If I remember rightly, he said the exact opposite.

I'm sure he said that Peltier could cover centre back and right back but it was a bit much to expect Peltier to play left back as well.

But he's since started saying that he can play there in a back 4, which I expect is probably because he and the club messed up on bringing in a back up left back.

Maybe you are correct.  I thought he said left side as well for some reason as I remember thinking he was maybe making a case for getting rid of Coulson later on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest V Boro The City Ground KO 1945hrs Wednesday 15th September 2021 This game is on Sky RB facility   Introduction Once again the mighty Boro go into battle hoping to

Credit to the lads tonight for taking advantage of a sloppy and poor Forest team and also credit to Warnock for fielding the new players and going to a flat back 4.  Even when Bola is fit, I woul

Posted Images

 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe you are correct.  I thought he said left side as well for some reason as I remember thinking he was maybe making a case for getting rid of Coulson later on.

I may be wrong.

I'm sure he said something about it being a bit much to expect him to play there when the window was still open, but he definitely said he can play both sides when we first signed him checking back.

“He’s a good defender - a proper defender. He can play both sides at full-back and both sides at centre-back and he can even anchor in the midfield."

Given Forest play a back 4 usually, and Warnock only seems to want to use a back 5 when the opposition does (and it never works), I think you're right and Peltier will play there tomorrow.

Edited by TeaCider24
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha!

Warnock on the 27th July: "“He (Brown) is one of three lads that we’re looking at,” confirmed Warnock. “We’re a bit short on that left side, and I think you’re asking a bit too much of Pelts (Lee Peltier).""

Knew I didn't imagine it, though I had obviously forgotten his earlier comments before that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Aha!

Warnock on the 27th July: "“He (Brown) is one of three lads that we’re looking at,” confirmed Warnock. “We’re a bit short on that left side, and I think you’re asking a bit too much of Pelts (Lee Peltier).""

Knew I didn't imagine it, though I had obviously forgotten his earlier comments before that.

Funnily enough once you'd said that I remembered something like the above.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grant hall hasn’t been great so far this season has he? I’m really glad to see bamba back after everything he’s been through. However he was pretty bad last game and I can’t help but feel wood should have stayed. He probably would get more games here than he would for hibs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Incidentally and unsurprisingly it's a 4231 for me

Lumley

Djiksteel McNair (Hall) Fry Bola (Peltier)

Howson Siliki

Hernandez Tav Jones

Ikpeazu

 

That's what I'd start with. Plenty of options to change things up with Crooks, Sporar etc on bench

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I thought that what we were actually doing was fairly basic as it was 🤷‍♂️

I get what he means tbf... sometimes when players mess up they try too hard to make amends with a Hollywood pass instead of just getting the next thing right. 

Dijksteel seemed to be doing that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can’t get my head around why Coulson AND Spence have left when they are probably our best natural wingbacks. Bola is better than Coulson granted, but I’d say that Spence as a RWB and then Dijksteele as the RCB would be good?

It baffles me how we’ve let Coulson leave, to then need to scrabble around to bring in another left back when we should be nurturing one of our own? I don’t get it. And it’s shot us right in the foot. 
 

Edited by ManBearPig
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I just can’t get my head around why Coulson AND Spence have left when they are probably our best natural wingbacks. Bola is better than Coulson granted, but I’d say that Spence as a RWB and then Dijksteele as the RCB would be good?

It baffles me how we’ve let Coulson leave, to then need to scrabble around to bring in another left back when we should be nurturing one of our own? I don’t get it. And it’s shot us right in the foot. 
 

I agree re Coulson, didn’t make sense letting him go when we weren’t confident of getting another competent LB in. 
 

Having said that, by all accounts he had an absolute stinker for Ipswich on the weekend vs Bolton 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I just can’t get my head around why Coulson AND Spence have left when they are probably our best natural wingbacks. Bola is better than Coulson granted, but I’d say that Spence as a RWB and then Dijksteele as the RCB would be good?

It baffles me how we’ve let Coulson leave, to then need to scrabble around to bring in another left back when we should be nurturing one of our own? I don’t get it. And it’s shot us right in the foot. 

Neither are very good as wing backs or full backs.

But I can't argue against it being baffling that they let Coulson leave before they signed his replacement.

We're now apparently waiting till January because the club were beaten to the punch on every free agent they tried to sign.

That's a minimum of 19 games with only one left back who has struggled with injury since pre-season, it's a ridiculous situation to be in.

We're relying on a 34 year old right back to cover Bola if he gets injured again or attacking players in a formation that does not suit us.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Neither are very good as wing backs or full backs.

But I can't argue against it being baffling that they let Coulson leave before they signed his replacement.

We're now apparently waiting till January because the club were beaten to the punch on every free agent they tried to sign.

That's a minimum of 19 games with only one left back who has struggled with injury since pre-season, it's a ridiculous situation to be in.

We're relying on a 34 year old right back to cover Bola if he gets injured again or attacking players in a formation that does not suit us.

100%, hit the nail on the head. It’s not the quality of Spence or Coulson that leaves me scratching my head why we let them go, but the lack of alternatives we have (especially on the left) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Neither are very good as wing backs or full backs.

But I can't argue against it being baffling that they let Coulson leave before they signed his replacement.

By all accounts both Wing and Coulson feel that Warnock doesn't rate them and wanted to go somewhere they would play. Generally Warnock gets rid of players before they become discontented. Spence seemed to have settled down and be doing passably ok but his agent seems to have touted him around every window since he was an embryo. Warnock gives every indication of having wanted to keep Morsy and Spence; it feels like a false economy to have got rid this window as they would have added first team squad depth if nothing else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Game day. Come on Boro. Time to get back to winning ways and start climbing the table. UTB 

 A win tonight to potentially move up 7 places to 11th, I think we all know the script here eh? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

By all accounts both Wing and Coulson feel that Warnock doesn't rate them and wanted to go somewhere they would play. Generally Warnock gets rid of players before they become discontented. Spence seemed to have settled down and be doing passably ok but his agent seems to have touted him around every window since he was an embryo. Warnock gives every indication of having wanted to keep Morsy and Spence; it feels like a false economy to have got rid this window as they would have added first team squad depth if nothing else. 

I like to try and keep tabs on our players out on loan, I watched the extended highlights of Plymouth vs Sheff Wed from the weekend. Saw plenty of Wing casually jogging back when Plymouth were on dangerous attacks, including when they scored their 3rd. 
 

Warnock almost certainly won’t have wanted morsy to leave, but with Spence I get the feeling he wasn’t bothered either way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Nottingham Forest V Boro 0-2 (Sporar, Hernandez)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...