oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool 1-2 (Tavernier)

It's a lot of things really, his tactics are too predictable, the man marking is wearing our players down making them more susceptible to injuries, not making subs quick enough either payero for me should of came on much sooner than he did.

• Like 3
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We are actually below a club that's in administration in the table 🤣🤣 

Don't worry - its only until they get their points deduction(s) 😉

Just think - if thats what ends up saving us this season...

I'd say Blackpool deserved the win too, they had a hatful of chances to score before they finally did.

I was actually shocked how many they were just putting in to the stands before it finally came.

Can't think of too many we had before we fell behind, outside of the goal itself.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Can't say I'm surprised, it's just the same hangover from last season continued into this season.

Myself and a few others flagged it up on here weeks ago but there were some on here who couldn't or wouldn't see that nothing had changed apart from the paying personnel. The tactics, impetus, drive and determination have been consistent since January and unfortunately not in a good way. Still it was all the Ref's fault again today.

Here, here

Dear me. A draw would have been a bad result at home against Blackpool when we were already 1 up. 

We seem to go in front, then just stop playing. Unfortunately Bpools finishing was better in the second half and we were punished for letting them run through us. What I'd give for a bit of that old Karanka solidity!

We hit the woodwork twice. Would have been a different game if they had gone in. We also put several thru balls through for Sporar. which he seems to thrive off. He would have had a decent chance with them, had most of them not been blasted through way too hard. A bit of finesse please fellas!

Payero looked decent when he came on. Maybe a bit too eager to force something to happen (understandable when you only get 15 minutes), but he had a couple of shots on target. He needs some 70 min+ games.

The Seasiders beat the Teessiders, now I'm off to drink some appleciders!

44 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

I'll get hammered but the club needs a lift, a big name. Give John Terry a shot.

I was thinking about John Terry earlier.  I don't like him as a person and disagree with some of the things he has done, but I do think he is a good manager and would probably do well with our squad.  I admire Lampard as a manager (he would probably be my first choice for a younger manager, with Gerrard ruled out by being under contract and the knowledge that Gibson only appoints managers who are out of contract) but don't think he would drop down to the Championship.  I think James Milner could make a good manager in the future once he calls time on his playing career - he always seems to be able to read games well and understands how different roles/positions fit together to make the whole.

• Like 1

Yet again, here we are. We know the manager should go but we will keep returning game after game hoping we are that bit nearer to it happening, but knowing the reality is there will be no chance he gets rid. Warnock could *** in Gibbos tea and he'd still keep the faith in him

• Like 1

Don't think Siliki was that bad. Passing is 50/50 at times but he was involved in a fair bit of the good stuff we did today. I still think there's a player in there and he will come good. Payero looked bright again when he came on, too.

My main concern in midfield today was Howson. Playing against a midfield with pace, he shows his lack of it every time. Siliki and Crooks both play ahead of him in midfield and he's just not good enough to do that every game. Lot of people saying selling Morsy was a mistake but it's not like he would have played there anyway.

We were the better side in the first half, I thought. Played ourselves out of danger once or twice. Scored a goal from a scramble but Sporar completely rooted the keeper with his effort, bit unlucky to hit the post/bar. Sure we had at least one other chance too? Crooks and Sporar were working really well together.

Second half we just let them take hold of the game and when Warnock should have been making sure his defence was organised for the free kick that wasn't a free kick, he was too busy raging and getting a telling off from the ref. He was right once again to be fuming, ref had let a few things go against us then gave them that free kick.

Everyone including the players and fans were clearly too focused on his ranting (the fans actually applauded him just before the ref blew for them to take it). Starting to believe it really is terrible that he can't just let the fans show their frustration whilst he sorts his team out. He gets mad at things that clearly aren't bad decisions too so meh.

Awful result. Can't beat Blackpool at home, can't play well against them for 90 minutes. He's not gonna last much longer if this keeps happening, simple as that.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

You know a front four of Hernandez, tav sporar and Jones would be great. I like uche but he shouldn't really be coming on if we are chasing the game, he just doesn't have enough in him to make a difference. I'd of put that olusanya on instead, atleast he has a bit of pace about him.

Payero alongside howson next game please. Give crooks a rest..

Not a chance NW will drop Crooks, every hoof upfield is aimed at him. The fact he's actually crap in the air and only wins around 1 in 4 doesn't seem to deter from the masterplan.

• Like 2

Just got in from the game, 2nd half was absolutely woeful, totally devoid of any ideas, our passing was awful, desperation defending to keep Blackpool at bay, it wasn't if Blackpool score it was when they would score. Everyone watching the game knew it wasn't working yet it takes Warnock an eternity to make a substitution. Some on here  have said Sporar doesn't play as a lone striker so why can't the manager see this, or does he simply chose not too.

I believe we have a decent squad of players and they would thrive with the right manager in charge, I wish we could get someone in like  Eddie Howe,  because I feel with Warnock in charge we're just making up the numbers.    

• Like 1

If I had to choose, I'd like a German coach from the 2. Bundesliga or something.

Otherwise, of those available locally, I think Roy Keane would be a fun punt. Big name, elite mentality, wouldn't let anyone get away with half-hearted performances. Depends if he has the tactical mind to back it up.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

If I had to choose, I'd like a German coach from the 2. Bundesliga or something.

Otherwise, of those available locally, I think Roy Keane would be a fun punt. Big name, elite mentality, wouldn't let anyone get away with half-hearted performances. Depends if he has the tactical mind to back it up.

God no. Please keep that nutjob as far away from Boro as possible 🙄

• Like 4