oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool 1-2 (Tavernier)

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That’s fair enough @TeaCider24 you are entitled to have your own opinion. I was more referring to Wilder being very similar to Warnock in playing style and with the players we now have it’s time to bring in a manager that will suit them. If not Howe then someone like him

Maybe, I always enjoyed watching Sheffield United though.

We'll see, Warnock is still here for now and the options available will probably change by the time we're looking for a new manager.

• Like 1
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

We desperately need someone who can set this team up (like AK did). There’s some good players in there but there seems to be no system or plan. 

I am really surprised by how poor we are at the back and in providing a shield for the defence. I would have thought that we would look to build from clean sheets but we are just too easy to score past.

There are times where it reminds me of Mogga’s last year in charge.

• Like 3

Probably best that I had to sort out my grandchildrens evening meal earlier on because I was in a fowl mood.

What irks me the most is our complete lack of ability to turn the corner and strive forward. Looking back at the forest game thank goodness we caught them at their lowest ebb before Hughton got sacked becuase what happens hey immediatley go and win a game where as our lot simply have not gor a clue how to take the game on especially when we are winning.

There were a lot of below standard performances form a lot of the boys but the biggest inditment is the lack of managerial nounce to ensure we got things right and went onto win a game.

Sadly our current form will see us just keeping afloat and away from the bottom 3 and 21 points lost by Derby says it all.

No pride, no performance and no courage anywhere to be seen before things got too late

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd say Blackpool deserved the win too, they had a hatful of chances to score before they finally did.

I was actually shocked how many they were just putting in to the stands before it finally came.

Can't think of too many we had before we fell behind, outside of the goal itself.

Not doubting you as I only caught parts of the match unfortunately but Craig Johns in the Gazette has written:

"Not in my time watching Boro can I remember a side that looked so exciting and penetrative in attack for the first 45 minutes."

Reading the forum doesn't seem to match with that statement mind.  It seems quite at odds with the general comments on here from pretty much everyone.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Maybe, I always enjoyed watching Sheffield United though.

We'll see, Warnock is still here for now and the options available will probably change by the time we're looking for a new manager.

Understand you but for me Wilder is not the man for what we want, to be honest I think we need someone who thinks out of the box ( no pun intended) and maybe just maybe an up and coming continental Manager who coud work with the new regime

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not doubting you as I only caught parts of the match unfortunately but Craig Johns in the Gazette has written:

"Not in my time watching Boro can I remember a side that looked so exciting and penetrative in attack for the first 45 minutes."

Reading the forum doesn't seem to match with that statement mind.  It seems quite at odds with the general comments on here from pretty much everyone.

That's a load of nonsense from Craig Johns.

We were okay in the first half, the better team, but Blackpool still had a golden opportunity to equalise and our only other chance of note was Sporar hitting the frame of the goal.

But he's also only been watching Middlesbrough for 1 year, and we've been poor in a good number of the games in that time, so he's not really got much to compare it to.

Still a strange thing to say as it's not even the best half this season.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No way did he write that?😂 Jesus Christ man. This just backs up my post earlier about fans being ‘content/happy’ with bog standard performances. It’s deemed ‘good football’ when we don’t just hoof the ball up for the full 45, and play some basic football which every other team in the league does and is doing. Mental that CJ has wrote that. We scored from a corner and Sporar bit the bar? What else did we actually create? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeessiderJR said:

No doubt i'll get pelters from the anti AK brigade, but it's afternoons like that I realise how much I took Aitor's home games/set up for granted. More often than not we would grab an early goal, have good possession and sooner or later add another if not 2 more. 🤔

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

E6ED0F60-A5B0-47DA-B807-7F23A18B1F5F.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

E6ED0F60-A5B0-47DA-B807-7F23A18B1F5F.png

I loved the time under Karanka, but having the most clean sheets and conceding the fewest goals doesn't prove that the football isn't negative.

We were only 8th in goals scored despite spending the most in the division (bar Derby, who are now paying for it) and going up automatically.

I'd probably still have him back, but it was rarely thrilling to watch.

As a minimum I would expect Warnock to have us organised defensively. He is struggling to do that at moment. He must be concerned, altho in his interview he seemed very blase.

Just feel like this season is going to peter out. 

• Like 1