oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool 1-2 (Tavernier)

28 minutes ago, TheJew said:

The second coming.

Give over, man. I loved (most of) his time here but it's over and it was rightful and just that it ended. We need to look forward and stop living in the past.

• Like 1
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't remember Peltier doing much wrong at all today?

Happy to be corrected if I missed something.

Yeah, did his job no fuss for the most part. Made a few decent tackles too. I did also find it a little odd that we kept him there instead of swapping him with Tav, though. Though in hindsight, neither did a lot wrong in those positions I don't think? Wasn't the reason we lost the game anyway.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Give over, man. I loved (most of) his time here but it's over and it was rightful and just that it ended. We need to look forward and stop living in the past.

So who's your realistic choice for next manager then?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…the only reason Warnock still has a job is because of Woodgate. Woodgate’s failures helped to lessen expectations. 

Warnock is a *** poor manager. He has one playing style and can’t adapt to the modern game. The quicker he’s gone, the better for this club!!!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TheJew said:

We are perfectly set up for a 4231 and possession based football.

The players we have now are arguably better than the players Karanka had.

Hey, if he came back there would probably be room for Coulson and Spence as well.

Think you’re pushing it if you think this squad is better then what we had with Karanka. Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala, Leadbitter, Clayton, Adomah and Ramirez walk into this team. Only maybe Tav gets in the team definitely, but even then you’d be dropping Adomah/Stuani so I’m not sure. Dijksteel maybe over Nsue.

• Like 1

I was and am karankas biggest fan but I wouldn't want him back here. He's had a rough few years and his confidence is probably shot. I wouldn't want him to tarnish what he achieved here first time around with a potentially underwhelming second go.

• Like 2

Interesting to read the Nottingham Post analysis of Djed Spence's performance for Forest against Huddersfield yesterday:

"Djed Spence: Absolutely brilliant. Cut out no end of crosses, made plenty of challenges and offered an attacking outlet in an all-action display. Rating: 9/10"

Sounds a very confident and composed display, in complete contrast to the nervy inconsistent ones we witnessed from the lad here.

It's looking like our Players are struggling to comply with Warnock's game plans especially his man marking mantra leaving our Players dragged all over the pitch and out of position. Dijksteel was over on the left a few times yesterday leaving the right side of our defence exposed on a couple of occasions prior to his hamstring pull.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Not doubting you as I only caught parts of the match unfortunately but Craig Johns in the Gazette has written:

"Not in my time watching Boro can I remember a side that looked so exciting and penetrative in attack for the first 45 minutes."

Reading the forum doesn't seem to match with that statement mind.  It seems quite at odds with the general comments on here from pretty much everyone.

Reading the comments section at the end of that Gazette report and there's over 70 comments now, it's very disparaging towards Warnock. If he reads them, he should do the decent thing.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Interesting to read the Nottingham Post analysis of Djed Spence's performance for Forest against Huddersfield yesterday:

"Djed Spence: Absolutely brilliant. Cut out no end of crosses, made plenty of challenges and offered an attacking outlet in an all-action display. Rating: 9/10"

Sounds a very confident and composed display, in complete contrast to the nervy inconsistent ones we witnessed from the lad here.

It's looking like our Players are struggling to comply with Warnock's game plans especially his man marking mantra leaving our Players dragged all over the pitch and out of position. Dijksteel was over on the left a few times yesterday leaving the right side of our defence exposed on a couple of occasions prior to his hamstring pull.

I loathe the man marking system. Not least because an 11 year old could come up with a reasonable tactical plan to exploit it. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Onme'eadson said:

Why wasnt Howson moved to right back, hes played there before.

Warnock said he was going to but thought he had started to influence the game, also said we didn’t have enough cover for fullbacks, hence the question why loan out Coulson and Spence without players lined up. 

semed a bit blasé to me in the interview saying we can beat anyone in the league... if that’s the case why aren’t we winking every week.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Warnock said he was going to but thought he had started to influence the game, also said we didn’t have enough cover for fullbacks, hence the question why loan out Coulson and Spence without players lined up. 

semed a bit blasé to me in the interview saying we can beat anyone in the league... if that’s the case why aren’t we winking every week.

😉 There you go. Have a wink 😉 for this week 😃

• Haha 2