• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

Does there appear to be much fewer after match posts than normal after yesterday's performance. It might just be me but I checked in a few times to catch up and there were only one or two posts where normally there would have been a page or two to catch up on?

On 9/18/2021 at 7:58 AM, TeaCider24 said:

Excited for this one, feeling strangely positive after just one win.

Hopefully a good crowd, good atmosphere and good performance.

It is funny how bipolar football fans are.

I genuinely was feeling very positive about things after the Forest win, and that was despite thinking we'd played fairly average.

I am now depressed about things after one defeat, despite the overall performance being very similar to the one against Forest.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Does there appear to be much fewer after match posts than normal after yesterday's performance. It might just be me but I checked in a few times to catch up and there were only one or two posts where normally there would have been a page or two to catch up on?

Think people are just a bit fed up and what else is there to say? Vast majority don’t want Warnock here and have said as much 

• Like 3

Trying to stay positive.

lots of new players having to gel, some aren’t up to match fitness yet.

We are only actually 4 points off the play offs.

we lost to Blackpool who did also beat Fulham, who I think are going to win the league comfortably.

lots of games left to turn the season round.. but needs to happen sooner rather then later 

I try not to comment straight after a defeat because it's usually a heated reaction but yesterday was extremely frustrating and embarrassing at points.

1st 30mins it was really good football to watch. Pressing, linking and interchange and good tempo but then the last 15mins of the 1st half, Blackpool had 2 really really good chances to equalise.

1st Half embarrassing moment goes to Mr Warnock who vocally humiliated Issiah Jones for not warming up when Tav went down injured. This was just to make himself look good infront of the fans. Very poor management and made himself look an idiot although some daft Boro fans applauded Warnock for doing it which fed his ego even more.

2nd half we didn't just capitulate, we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Yes their equaliser wasn't a free kick, but for Warnock to blame Jones for standing on the edge of the box is embarrassing. Fry got turned easily and there was nothing Lumley could do.

Dijksteel went off injured and we were completely disjointed and players were playing out of position which just highlighted the decision to let Coulson and Spence leave more baffling as we literally have no cover at full back.

Yesterday's result has to go down to Warnock and his tactics unfortunately but personally I feel it's too early for us fans to calling him to be sacked.

A completely new team and yesterday's 30mins showed we have some good players who can play decent/attractive football and hopefully they can do that under Warnock.

I'd wait for another month or so and assess where we are in terms of league position and performances before calling for Warnock to sacked.  

Fans need to be careful as they were calling out for Pulis to be sacked and look where we ended up with Woodgate.

Rant over.... UTB

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Plus the ones against, Derby, Blackburn, Coventry etc. Unfortunately there is a bit of a recurring theme.

I though we played well against Blackburn.

But that and Bristol City are the only 2 good performances out of 8 (9) matches.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It is funny how bipolar football fans are.

I genuinely was feeling very positive about things after the Forest win, and that was despite thinking we'd played fairly average.

I am now depressed about things after one defeat, despite the overall performance being very similar to the one against Forest.

For me it was more about Boro's bipolar performance, going from from being okay in the first half and looking like we could win, to the abject display in the second half, seemingly losing our heads because the ref gave some questionable decisions against us.

Plus the general failure to cope with Blackpool's improved performance and Warnock's failure to react to their changes...waiting until the game had gone, before making subs.

This was a game we really needed 3 points from (we won't get many easier ones) and had set ourselves up to win. I think thats what made it so depressing for me.

I'll give Neil another 4 games before I join the "Warnock Out" bandwagon, but based on our performances & results so far, its not looking good.

Not that I expect him to go unless we're in relegation danger (and want to give Scott every opportunity to get the best possible replacement) but in my eyes he'll have had his chance to do anything this season.

That news article about players apparently not eating properly is another real source of concern for me. It speaks to a lack of discipline among the players (some at least), a poor attitude and lack of respect for the manager...and club.

If the players don't care, how can we expect them to do the business on the pitch? Possibly they know Warnock will be gone at the end of the season, but that still shouldn't be an excuse. They are professional athletes (supposedly) being paid to do a job.

Maybe they don't like Warnock's man-marking tactics as it takes too much out of them?

Whatever the reasons, I'm thinking this is going to be a very long and difficult season, which will have us rejoicing when its over.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I try not to comment straight after a defeat because it's usually a heated reaction but yesterday was extremely frustrating and embarrassing at points.

1st 30mins it was really good football to watch. Pressing, linking and interchange and good tempo but then the last 15mins of the 1st half, Blackpool had 2 really really good chances to equalise.

1st Half embarrassing moment goes to Mr Warnock who vocally humiliated Issiah Jones for not warming up when Tav went down injured. This was just to make himself look good infront of the fans. Very poor management and made himself look an idiot although some daft Boro fans applauded Warnock for doing it which fed his ego even more.

2nd half we didn't just capitulate, we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Yes their equaliser wasn't a free kick, but for Warnock to blame Jones for standing on the edge of the box is embarrassing. Fry got turned easily and there was nothing Lumley could do.

Dijksteel went off injured and we were completely disjointed and players were playing out of position which just highlighted the decision to let Coulson and Spence leave more baffling as we literally have no cover at full back.

Yesterday's result has to go down to Warnock and his tactics unfortunately but personally I feel it's too early for us fans to calling him to be sacked.

A completely new team and yesterday's 30mins showed we have some good players who can play decent/attractive football and hopefully they can do that under Warnock.

I'd wait for another month or so and assess where we are in terms of league position and performances before calling for Warnock to sacked.  

Fans need to be careful as they were calling out for Pulis to be sacked and look where we ended up with Woodgate.

Rant over.... UTB

I see your point that making a rushed decision on a new manager could be a big risk, I just don’t see any reason to stick with Warnock. 

Realistically we know it’s his last season anyway, I haven’t seen anything during his tenure so far to suggest he’s capable of getting us right up there. Whilst the football isn’t anywhere near enjoyable enough to make up for that. 

If a new manager hasn’t been identified yet then fair enough, however if one has then pull the trigger now. 

• Like 3

The season does have the feel that we are just waiting for Warnock to retire so we can crack on with a long term plan under Kieron Scott. 

Warnock is clearly a bit peeved he hasn't been allowed to bring in all of his own players and club have forced some on him.  We have had 2 recruitment policies - give Warnock some of what he wants to keep him placated - Crooks, Ikpeazu and then a long term recruitment plan with Payero, Van Bergen and Lea Siliki etc

It gives Warnock an excuse behind the scenes. It's just all a bit messy, the club takes priority, not Warnock's retirement party. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I see your point that making a rushed decision on a new manager could be a big risk, I just don’t see any reason to stick with Warnock. 

Realistically we know it’s his last season anyway, I haven’t seen anything during his tenure so far to suggest he’s capable of getting us right up there. Whilst the football isn’t anywhere near enjoyable enough to make up for that. 

If a new manager hasn’t been identified yet then fair enough, however if one has then pull the trigger now. 

I just don't think sacking a manager after 5-6 games can be seen as a good thing especially when so much has gone in the summer rebuild in and out.

Get the players to gel for another month and if things haven't improved performances or results then assess the situation.

We all Warnock won't be sacked though so unless he walks then it's going to be a write of season potentially

We have a really good squad now that we have to take advantage of and Warnock is failing to get the squad firing. If we fail at promotion this year be fire sales in the summer, new manager in and another 3 year project. Yet more wasted time outside the Premier league