oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool 1-2 (Tavernier)

43 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think we are reading far too much into Breakfastgate.

NW probably overheard a changing room conversation about not getting up until mid day, put two and two together and "voila" another ready made deflection to keep handy. I'm sure Boro are not unique in the habits of young men and their sleep patterns and meal regimen.

Agreed. 

For one thing, we know Warnock always speaks in half truths, occasionally down right lies, so why bother paying attention?

The only reason It really bothers me is when you consider what the players must thing when your manager is going out of his way to deflect blame onto them for poor results. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

My real fear if we do not start putting things right or change of Manager is that we will lose some of our on loan players at end of season and tbh I would like to keep them all to a greater degree

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

My real fear if we do not start putting things right or change of Manager is that we will lose some of our on loan players at end of season and tbh I would like to keep them all to a greater degree

Not forgetting Tav and Fry will be left with only 1 year remaining on their contracts, meaning they'll almost certainly be sold at  the end of this season. Making this a pivotal season, we cannot afford to allow NW to coast the next half dozen games then see where we are. The ship will have sailed so in my opinion we ought to be actively seeking a replacement...some of the defeats and performances this season have been poor and  frankly, embarassing and he has looked powerless to improve matters.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

Trying to stay positive.

lots of new players having to gel, some aren’t up to match fitness yet.

We are only actually 4 points off the play offs.

we lost to Blackpool who did also beat Fulham, who I think are going to win the league comfortably.

lots of games left to turn the season round.. but needs to happen sooner rather then later 

Or 2 points from relegation. 😉  🤣🤣

My biggest worry is we have the makings of a good squad but many on short term deals. We risk losing them for pretty much no reason, we may aswell have saved the money and midtabled it till next season.

4 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

Trying to stay positive.

lots of new players having to gel, some aren’t up to match fitness yet.

We are only actually 4 points off the play offs.

we lost to Blackpool who did also beat Fulham, who I think are going to win the league comfortably.

lots of games left to turn the season round.. but needs to happen sooner rather then later 

I seriously admire your optimism and hear what your saying about players needing to gel, but 2nd half I haven't got a bloody clue what our tactics were, there were times when we were just hoofing it down the field it had me sat in the North stand perplexed as what we were trying to do.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, morrissey said:

Not forgetting Tav and Fry will be left with only 1 year remaining on their contracts, meaning they'll almost certainly be sold at  the end of this season. Making this a pivotal season, we cannot afford to allow NW to coast the next half dozen games then see where we are. The ship will have sailed so in my opinion we ought to be actively seeking a replacement...some of the defeats and performances this season have been poor and  frankly, embarassing and he has looked powerless to improve matters.

Gibson needs to wise up, bite the bullet and pay Warnock's  compensation and get rid asap, or he'll risk losing unhappy players for a fraction of their true worth. 

• Like 1

Since warnock has been here we have NEVER tried to take control of a game or even the ball. We are happy to concede posession and let other teams do all the actual football while we try to shithouse it. It’s embarrassing now.

Theres no way it’s gonna change no matter how many decent players we get in, if they barely get the ball then they aren’t gonna do anything are they.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, BoroAbroad said:

Or 2 points from relegation. 😉  🤣🤣

It’s not the points, well it is, but more of the way we are playing that’s worrying everyone. It’s absolutely dire which ever way you put it and I’ll deny anyone, ok may be a couple just to be objective,  to see any positives from the games to date.
let’s face it, should we had a manager who actually stood in front of the media and stated we need to work on, change, include etc it would give some comfort he knows the issues and taking action to correct them. What we have is NW spinning lies and half truths to cover his inability and it’s a carry over from last season 
It makes no sense to expend a huge amount of effort bringing in players then release or loan players that weakens the squad.  
We are tactically poor and there is no plan B never mind C. I can’t think of a game, other them retreat and defend  that NW has implemented to influence a game. What I see are players running ragged man marking following orders, regardless they are driving over a cliff. Subs are left unused on the bench. I hate then criticism of players that are barely given a chance. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Since warnock has been here we have NEVER tried to take control of a game or even the ball. We are happy to concede posession and let other teams do all the actual football while we try to shithouse it. It’s embarrassing now.

Theres no way it’s gonna change no matter how many decent players we get in, if they barely get the ball then they aren’t gonna do anything are they.

That's a spot on view of how we play. Never ever press another team for more than a few moments through 90 mins. We cannot put a string of passes together and would to preferer to play hoof ball

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

That's a spot on view of how we play. Never ever press another team for more than a few moments through 90 mins. We cannot put a string of passes together and would to preferer to play hoof ball

Even pulis had a plan, was maybe the most basic thing ever but it worked, get the ball to Adama everytime as quick as possible. Yeah we don’t have anyone as good as him anymore but at least we used him to his fullest.

6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I must add I don't really care whether Warnock leaves now or at the end of this season so long as we're still progressing and not holding ourselves back. It's all about how Scott feels, for me. If he thinks Warnock is damaging right now and especially if we have somebody else in mind then we should look to get shot.

Agree 100%. Not sure why folk are still talking about Gibbo ‘wising up’, it’s all about what Scott thinks now. My feeling is he will allow Warnock to do what he likes as long as we are winning games and threatening the play-offs. Otherwise I think there will be some very candid conversations about what the vision is for the first team. I just can’t see Scott treating this season as a bedding in period where he’s just getting his feet under the table. He has a job to do, it’s his first DofF appointment, and if he isn’t on top of every detail already I would be staggered! My prediction is that he will (rightly) begin to exert influence over tactics and playing style and Warnock will decide to walk rather than be told what to do. 

• Like 1

well the forest win ,which offerered a crumb of light in the darkness has been well and truly been put into the background. im totally fed up with feeling fed up come saturday tea time. hand on heart ive only once before been so dismayed by our state of affairs and that wasnt pre liquidation weeks, one of the historians on here might put me clear when eactly but im guessing around  2000 ish we lost about 4 home games in a row conceding 4 goals most of those and things for me came to a head after the 4-1 |(i think) home loss to newcastle and thats when i relenquished my season ticket. im sick to the teeth of our lack of attacking intent and lack of any guile around the oposition box, im done with negative tactical managers / inept managers, and ive grown suspicious of gibsons love for his club and his seperation from the fan base. i still hold the faint hope that things go in circles and some turn of events will re-energise our team and in turn bring back the belief of our future for the fans. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Agree 100%. Not sure why folk are still talking about Gibbo ‘wising up’, it’s all about what Scott thinks now. My feeling is he will allow Warnock to do what he likes as long as we are winning games and threatening the play-offs. Otherwise I think there will be some very candid conversations about what the vision is for the first team. I just can’t see Scott treating this season as a bedding in period where he’s just getting his feet under the table. He has a job to do, it’s his first DofF appointment, and if he isn’t on top of every detail already I would be staggered! My prediction is that he will (rightly) begin to exert influence over tactics and playing style and Warnock will decide to walk rather than be told what to do. 

This is what I think will happen as well.  I can't for the life of me see Warnock lasting the season, he's not getting his own way on everything and the fans (online at least) are starting to turn, so I think once it becomes clear to him that we're not going to be challenging for the play-offs, I think his ego will tell him to go before he's seen to have failed.