oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool 1-2 (Tavernier)

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

In some ways I like Warnock, but it's getting to the time he did the decent thing and went.

I'll always be very thankful that he kept us up when we looked to be sliding to League 1, I think that's where our association with him should have ended tbh.

• Like 5
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

Can't say I'm surprised, it's just the same hangover from last season continued into this season.

Myself and a few others flagged it up on here weeks ago but there were some on here who couldn't or wouldn't see that nothing had changed apart from the paying personnel. The tactics, impetus, drive and determination have been consistent since January and unfortunately not in a good way. Still it was all the Ref's fault again today.

• Like 3

Won't lie, that's close to tipping me over the edge in backing Warnock.

I'm almost certain he'll say Siliki played well despite the fact he was the worst player on the pitch.

I'm not even going to watch the highlights because I know their equaliser shouldn't have been a free kick, and I'm sick of there being a reason to blame the ref for every defeat.

To make it worse, half the players seemed to get injured. Never known so many injuries to happen as have under Warnock.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 2

Some people will probably tell me to get a grip and ask what I was expecting.

But I really feel quite deflated and depressed after witnessing that.

I was pretty happy with the way we played first half...although a bit frustrated with our inability to create more good chances with our dominance. It was more or less what I expected...an improved version of our game against Forest.

I was looking forward to more of the same 2nd half and thought we looked set for a win, provided we could grab another goal.

Instead...well we all know what happened next...

I really don't understand how Boro can be so schizophrenic from one half to another. Either being pretty decent or bloody awful.

We've had 8 games now and Warnock looks no closer to forging the squad into anything resembling a decent football team. If he doesn't manage it soon, I don't seem him making it to the end of the season, as surely Gibson (and Scott's) hand will be forced by our league position.

• Like 4
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I was pretty happy with the way we played first half...although a bit frustrated with our inability to create more good chances with our dominance. It was more or less what I expected...and improved version of our game against Forest.

I was looking forward to more of the same 2nd half and thought we looked set for a win, provided we could grab another goal.

I really don't understand how Boro can be so schizophrenic from one half to another. Either being pretty decent or bloody awful.

We've had 8 games now and Warnock looks no closer to forging the squad into anything resembling a decent football team. If he doesn't manage it soon, I don't seem him making it to the end of the season, as surely Gibson (and Scott's) hand will be forced.

I thought we were gonna go on to win during the first half as well. Was eyeing up the playoffs on LiveScore n everything. Most disappointed I’ve been with a result this season. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I was pretty happy with the way we played first half...although a bit frustrated with our inability to create more good chances with our dominance. It was more or less what I expected...and improved version of our game against Forest.

We've had 8 games now and Warnock looks no closer to forging the squad into anything resembling a decent football team. If he doesn't manage it soon, I don't seem him making it to the end of the season, as surely Gibson (and Scott's) hand will be forced by our league position.

With you on this after all just how hard is it to win two on the spin? Our attitude when taking the lead is terrible, we have to kick on and not get lazy

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Nope you seem to have gotten a grip. All fair points. Most ppl probably feel the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s sad and depressing that some fans deem the first half performance good imo. In reality we were bang average and scored a goal. We played average football for tiny bits of the 45, football that literally any other team in the league plays. It’s not the fans fault and I’m not having a dig, it’s just sad how we now accept a 45 minutes where we don’t lump the ball up for the duration as a ‘decent half’. This is what Pulis and Warnock reigns does to a club unfortunately. 

At least if/when we get a new manager, one who wants to play football, it will seem an even bigger change in style and an even greater satisfaction from the *** we’ve paid to watch the last 5 years. Counting the days until this happens.

• Like 3