oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool 1-2 (Tavernier)

No doubt i'll get pelters from the anti AK brigade, but it's afternoons like that I realise how much I took Aitor's home games/set up for granted. More often than not we would grab an early goal, have good possession and sooner or later add another if not 2 more. 🤔

• Like 5
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at this graphic. The two bullet points at the bottom are bonkers. People were still complaining back then about the style of play and ‘negative’ football as well.

Riverside Stadium Saturday 18th September 2021 Kick off: 1500hrs. Highlights to be shown on Sky Sports and Quest though possibly some links might appear for live coverage. Introduc

It’s been this way for ever since he’s been at the club. Any team that remotely plays any type of football, and we struggle. It ends up as the following… 1. we can’t control the game. 2. Our defe

Posted Images

Having reflected I think things are inevitably going to come to a head. Kieran Scott is now responsible for all matters football and effectively the buck stops with him - I can’t imagine he’s just going to sit back and not question Warnocks vision for the first team. I also can’t imagine his footballing philosophy is aligned with what we’re seeing right now and if he doesn’t intervene then he isn’t doing the job he’s been employed to do. How that pans out is anybody’s guess!

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wouldn't want John Terry, wouldn't want Eddie Howe, definitely would not want Roy Keane.

I'd take Chris Wilder or go for a punt on a foreign manager.

Is Chris Wilder not just a Warnock light? Plenty of big men in a 352 formation was his mantra. We now have a lot of, what I would describe as footballers, in our squad. Sporar Tav Jones Hernandez Payero Lea Siliki etc. Howe is a manager who likes to play the ball on the ground. Those players would thrive under him as would McNair Bola and Browne when fit. Is there anything in the Alex Neil sitting with Scott at the Forest game I wonder?

• Like 2

If Terry comes that would just about end my relationship with the Club. Perhaps my morals are not in line with some peoples business objectives but for me the Club should be a beacon to the local community and a flag bearer for Teesside, it was bad enough appointing Woodgate. There are other options out there and if we are to go down a new path with a fresh approach to football I would hope it would be under a Manager who unites and not splits the fanbase.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Is Chris Wilder not just a Warnock light? Plenty of big men in a 352 formation was his mantra. We now have a lot of, what I would describe as footballers, in our squad. Sporar Tav Jones Hernandez Payero Lea Siliki etc. Howe is a manager who likes to play the ball on the ground. Those players would thrive under him as would McNair Bola and Browne when fit. Is there anything in the Alex Neil sitting with Scott at the Forest game I wonder?

I just really don't like Eddie Howe, not sure what it is about him.

I'm sure I'd get over it if he was here and we were winning all the time but I think I'd end up being like certain fans were with Pulis at the first sign of trouble, or with Warnock now.

Not saying they were wrong to be unhappy, but they turned very easily and quickly.

I've always found Howe smug and irritating.

• Like 2
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I just really don't like Eddie Howe, not sure what it is about him.

I'm sure I'd get over it if he was here and we were winning all the time but I think I'd end up being like certain fans were with Pulis at the first sign of trouble, or with Warnock now.

Not saying they were wrong to be unhappy, but they turned very easily and quickly.

I've always found Howe smug and irritating.

That’s fair enough @TeaCider24 you are entitled to have your own opinion. I was more referring to Wilder being very similar to Warnock in playing style and with the players we now have it’s time to bring in a manager that will suit them. If not Howe then someone like him

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

If I had to choose, I'd like a German coach from the 2. Bundesliga or something.

Otherwise, of those available locally, I think Roy Keane would be a fun punt. Big name, elite mentality, wouldn't let anyone get away with half-hearted performances. Depends if he has the tactical mind to back it up.

No  Just No. That would be no ' fun' at all. And thats from a fellow Corkman!

• Like 2