• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Got to admit I have no idea who either of those people are. Are they those "slebrity" types that are somehow famous for doing nothing except dating people who are famous for a reason?

Liam Payne is a former member of One Direction, a stupidly successful boy band. 

Cheryl, formerly known as Cheryl Cole, was a member of Girls Aloud and was married to ex-footballer Ashley Cole.

She started dating Liam in 2016 and had a kid with him but they split up in 2018.

No, I'm not KM in disguise.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

A blackmores night reference on oneboro, never thought I'd see the day that a medievil folk group would get a mention in such a mainstream format.

I'm mostly a fan of his missus. 😉

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If there’s no Bola and Djik is out as well we might have no choice but to put out a Pulis back 4.

Oh god...

Peltier...Hall...Fry...McNair

Still...I think I'd prefer that than trying to shoehorn defenders or wingers into wing-back roles.

But knowing Warnock, he'd probably prefer a back 3.

I have always said give managers 10-12 games at the start of the season so form starts and players bed in before judging so for me this is crunch time for Warnock he either starts to improve results and performances or he needs to go.

I tell you what I personally want but don't expect if we lose if we lose I don't want Warnock berating the referee, I don't want him making an excuse that the players missed their breakfast and I don't want him saying we were unlucky somehow and/or bad decisions cost us the game. If he refrained from all the above and was honest I think that would start gaining him respect back with Boro fans. 

Id go with this ...

...............................Lumley...................................

Howson...........Hall.......Fry...................Peltier

Tav.............Payero....Siliki....................Hernández

..................Sporar.......Ikpeazu....................................

I have defended Warnock a fair bit but he needs to start paying that back soon as I am starting to get fed up and cant defend the indefensible particularly with his antics against refs. 

• Like 3

Not defending Warnock as he needs to put a bit of a lid on it, but find it strange that when people like Frank do it, they don't get the same stick and some even call him smart...  guess it pays to be fashionable 🙂

We have a decent record playing at their place and it seems we could be light defensive wise, best part of defence is attack and I fully expect Boro to take the game to them, whether or not we play the game remains to be seen🙂

We are one of Reading's bogey teams let's hope we wiil, in the theme of the opening post, be a "boogie" team at full time.

Going to the game will give you all a wave!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, thomas said:

I have always said give managers 10-12 games at the start of the season so form starts and players bed in before judging so for me this is crunch time for Warnock he either starts to improve results and performances or he needs to go.

I tell you what I personally want but don't expect if we lose if we lose I don't want Warnock berating the referee, I don't want him making an excuse that the players missed their breakfast and I don't want him saying we were unlucky somehow and/or bad decisions cost us the game. If he refrained from all the above and was honest I think that would start gaining him respect back with Boro fans. 

Id go with this ...

...............................Lumley...................................

Howson...........Hall.......Fry...................Peltier

Tav.............Payero....Siliki....................Hernández

..................Sporar.......Ikpeazu....................................

I have defended Warnock a fair bit but he needs to start paying that back soon as I am starting to get fed up and cant defend the indefensible particularly with his antics against refs. 

Good lad Thomas...stick to your principals!

4 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

I was just wondering if Warnock was considering playing his Uche coochie man.  If so lets hope he's got his Mojo working

I have a dark premonition our defence will be So-Leaky, we will ship goals and the fans will Peltier Warnock until he puts his Hernandez up and admits he made a right Halls up. Will likely seek refuge in the nearest Tavernier. 😉

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0