• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I used to play but gave up, when a queue formed at the first tee, I set myself to be on the green in one took an almighty swing in mid stroke a Lion roared behind me...The first hole went down hill along side Dartmoor wildlife park...I topped it and it rolled gently on to the Ladies tee in front of me the laughing could be heard right across the course in the end I gave up and took up sea fishing

Barnaby who hasn’t topped a ball.. 

IN Thailand during our competitions we have a buggy and a caddy. The caddies are really good, know the course and read greens really well and learn your game in the first couple of holes. Now I would not say I was doing really well but factoring for my inconsistency I wasn’t doing to bad either. I was elated driving over the lake, real terms a large pond, and reaching Tara farina and staring down the green at the flag. With a small group waiting she hands me a club which I could tell was a mid iron a 7 iron when looking. 
How far is the pin I asked, 190 yards she said, I can’t hit 190 yards with 7 iron, no she replied you won’t hit any of the clubs 190 play safe straight down the middle if you can and we will take it from there,I topped the ball hitting 20 yards.  

• Haha 2
57 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Uwe’s annual reminder that this was actually a thing 🤦‍♂️

I more curious as to how you know it was even a thing in the first place. Do you have mates who are Reading fans? 

Or do you just have very odd YouTube habits?

2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Reading Match day thread if anyone wants a read. Also added to the OP

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188804

They don't seem overly optimistic, do they? Which I guess should give us hope of getting a result. Had to laugh at Mr Optimist's post:

"I only hope that by mid-afternoon I am listening to a gracious post-match interview from the fair and balanced (sack of chips on each shoulder) Mr Warnock, who is lamenting the performance of the referee and linesmen… “I don’t know how he has missed it if I am being honest”, “I thought we had complete control of the game up until that point”, “I’m not going to criticise the lads because they have given their all, but to not come away with 3 points due to incompetency like that, we’ll, I’m not going to say any more or I will get myself in to trouble, but…..”

They know him well... 😂

56 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

She will not be invited to play at my Reading festival...

I heard your Reading Festival is more book oriented... 🤔🤓

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I more curious as to how you know it was even a thing in the first place. Do you have mates who are Reading fans? 

Come on AR, surely everyone already knew about this masterpiece?! It was a big thing when they first did it!

18 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I do have odd YouTube habits 😂

but I saw this when it was first released and it has burned itself into my Psyche. So if I have to suffer then all you guys have to also 😜 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Come on AR, surely everyone already knew about this masterpiece?! It was a big thing when they first did it!

Well I'm sure it was big in Reading...but I haven't been there in years...

13 minutes ago, Humpty said:

What on earth is going on in this thread? Lions roaring on golf tees and an in depth detail of foreigners buying habits in Dubai 🤷‍♂️

Just the usual boredom posting until kick-off. Not to mention doing our bit to help matchday threads reach Alan's target of 500 posts. 😁

Have to say I've found a lot of it more interesting than usual. 

4 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Barnaby who hasn’t topped a ball.. 

IN Thailand during our competitions we have a buggy and a caddy. The caddies are really good, know the course and read greens really well and learn your game in the first couple of holes. Now I would not say I was doing really well but factoring for my inconsistency I wasn’t doing to bad either. I was elated driving over the lake, real terms a large pond, and reaching Tara farina and staring down the green at the flag. With a small group waiting she hands me a club which I could tell was a mid iron a 7 iron when looking. 
How far is the pin I asked, 190 yards she said, I can’t hit 190 yards with 7 iron, no she replied you won’t hit any of the clubs 190 play safe straight down the middle if you can and we will take it from there,I topped the ball hitting 20 yards.  

Sparkwell is a 9 hole course with several "Hazards" there was a stream cutting across the par 5 when your ball went in there I was reluctant to take a penalty so jumped down after it, Frogs went everywere I was out of there sharpish and took a 2 shot penalty

• Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0