oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm sure he'll get that time too, but I'd still be starting Payero ahead of him on Saturday.

Yeah, I didn't think Siliki was that bad for the first half of the game either but I would also put Payero in now or at the Riverside on Tuesday night.

• Like 1
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

fullback options looking a bit rubbish still. if paddy trained surely he'll be fit to play? tbh i'm sick of hall and i'd drop him asap, hes not a bad player but he's the slowest player I've ever seen I think. peltier has done well i'd prefer him in the middle. paddy has played fullback for his country for years. tav can play left fullback no bother.  i think its about time we saw payero from the start have a feeling it will be soon. if hes on bench siliki will start again.

my team if paddy plays:

paddy--- peltier- fry ------tav

-------------howson

--------payero----crooks

hernandez---------------jones

--------------sporar

team i'd like to see probs have siliki asked to hold infront of the defence, figure if he's less advanced and everything is less of a rush for him he might steele down a bit better and be more comfortable and cut out his rushy simple errors. i think he will come good and be an important player for us. howson go right back(i hate this but tbh we are desperate atm) paddy in middle with fry and peltier lb again. then tav and hernandz on wings. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

fullback options looking a bit rubbish still. if paddy trained surely he'll be fit to play? tbh i'm sick of hall and i'd drop him asap, hes not a bad player but he's the slowest player I've ever seen I think. peltier has done well i'd prefer him in the middle. paddy has played fullback for his country for years. tav can play left fullback no bother.  i think its about time we saw payero from the start have a feeling it will be soon. if hes on bench siliki will start again.

my team if paddy plays:

paddy--- peltier- fry ------tav

-------------howson

--------payero----crooks

hernandez---------------jones

--------------sporar

team i'd like to see probs have siliki asked to hold infront of the defence, figure if he's less advanced and everything is less of a rush for him he might steele down a bit better and be more comfortable and cut out his rushy simple errors. i think he will come good and be an important player for us. howson go right back(i hate this but tbh we are desperate atm) paddy in middle with fry and peltier lb again. then tav and hernandz on wings. 

Paddy & Bola are both training and are likely both back in the team.

Also I'm not sure Peltier is exactly an improvement on Hall? If you want McNair at RB for some reason you might as well keep Hall in there, he's got his strengths?

If you want to drop Hall, IMO it has to be for McNair at CB.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Paddy & Bola are both training and are likely both back in the team.

Also I'm not sure Peltier is exactly an improvement on Hall? If you want McNair at RB for some reason you might as well keep Hall in there, he's got his strengths?

If you want to drop Hall, IMO it has to be for McNair at CB.

yes man paddy center peltier rb would work. bola and paddy fit would be amazing, none of this shuffling about to accommodate players would be brilliant. as for the fullbacks, i prefer to have fullbacks who can support attacks rather than a pulis back 4. 

1 hour ago, Dynamo Kev said:

yes man paddy center peltier rb would work. bola and paddy fit would be amazing, none of this shuffling about to accommodate players would be brilliant. as for the fullbacks, i prefer to have fullbacks who can support attacks rather than a pulis back 4. 

Yeah i did think after I posted it that Paddy RB has its benefits. Might allow him to stay involved in the game attacking wise.

• Like 1

How long is Dijksteel out for? 

I’d love to see a midfield three of McNair, Payero and Siliki with Paddy as anchor. 
(I am aware Warnock would never play this 3, nor am I convinced that Paddy is suited to an anchor role but I’d be intrigued to see how it plays out) 

5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but all 5 of Readings senior centre backs are out. They are playing a 17 year old at CB apparently

They've also conceded more goals than any other team in the Championship.

18 goals in 8 games.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but all 5 of Readings senior centre backs are out. They are playing a 17 year old at CB apparently

If that's the case I'd be starting Uche then I think...Have him bully the kid around the pitch for a bit.

16 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

What an opportunity, if there ever was one, to win this game. 

Boro and opportunities are never a good mix😐

What would be the odds of their 17yr old scoring I wonder?

Good hunting ground for the Boro and need to make up for the previous game we played

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Duvel said:

Anyone thats played football will know that it takes a bit of time to get up to speed if you haven't had much football. 

Very true especially reading the game and the ball coming off the turf, feel of ball itself. Even as a sub it takes a good 10 to 15 to get up to speed with the game. Thats why we try and get people the first touch. 

26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No surprise but Dijksteel is out for a while.

This comment from Warnock though..

"I did try Sol (Bamba) the other day at left-back for the Under-23s," he explained.

"He said to me after, 'I hope I never ever have to play left-back again gaffer'! It was only for 30 minutes, but I can assure you I actually agree with him." 

Seriously how could he even think it could work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0