• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, stinkfinger said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e99a9e162eb9c83085769cda8ed7a02b.jpeg

oh… and bands/musos that dropped out of the festival…

KIKE DEE

ELTON JOHN HENDRIE

HAWKWINDASS

JIM PLATTERS

HEINE OTTO/AWAN

WISHBONE ASHLEY FLETCHER

GARY GIL(L) SCOTT-HERON

Adam Ant Clayton

Sol La Bamba

Dionne Warnock

Tina & Ikepuzu 

Brian Robson & Jerome

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If you think we didn't even get him at his best either.  He was 33 I think when he signed for us?  Certainly in his 30's anyway.  Light years ahead of anything we've had at the club recently.  Then he got injured and we shafted him over his contract I seem to remember?

yes i doubt we would be so shocked by how good he was for us these days. he wasnt far off the italian first 11 for years. vialli rav baggio etc all kept him out. but we didnt really know him when he signed. i would imagine robbo knew how good he was still. i loved him. proper suited the game over here. 

• Like 1

Well what a start to the day, got woken up at 6am by neighbours as my front porch was on fire!

Smoke damage to the brick work and very black window frames which are cleaning up.

Just stopped cooling down the affected brick work all seems ok and not too bad at all.

I had 3 potting plant boxes12 x 8 filed wth discarded compost/peat material stacked up on top of each other and use the top one to throw used cigs into, somehow during the night it built up and I came down to 3 foot flames. Did not realise compost would burn so easily.

So just hope Boro are on fire later on

• Wow 2
38 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well what a start to the day, got woken up at 6am by neighbours as my front porch was on fire!

Smoke damage to the brick work and very black window frames which are cleaning up.

Just stopped cooling down the affected brick work all seems ok and not too bad at all.

I had 3 potting plant boxes12 x 8 filed wth discarded compost/peat material stacked up on top of each other and use the top one to throw used cigs into, somehow during the night it built up and I came down to 3 foot flames. Did not realise compost would burn so easily.

Buddy hell Al 😳 hope all is ok. 

But you do realise if Boro win today you’re gonna have to set fire to your house every game day! 
It’s the rules 😉

• Haha 5
42 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Hope all is ok Alan. That must have been a shock to wake up to. Most importantly nobody is hurt. Stay safe my friend 

All good though taken a fair while for the brick work to cool down.

Deffo need a new downstairs toilet window as it has buckled, the rest has cleaned up well though the over flow pipe has melted. My front porch and front door look very clean but some work to do in getting some bricks cleaned up,anyone recommend a good brick cleaner solution?

Go compare are not open till Monday so can not start to ask if I can make a claim!

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

As compost breaks down it can generate a great deal of heat and ignite so best to allow good airflow. However a lit cig is more likely the culprit. The main thing is your family are safe and hope the clean up goes well.  

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

En route to Reading now from Wales. Meeting my brother there. Can’t wait. Sporar hatrick incoming.

Anyone know how many we’ve sold btw?

Look out for us, my grandson has "Teddy" on the back of his shirt and we will probably be with Uwe at the outside bar area.

Safe trip

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Peat is actually highly combustible mate.

The Irish used to use it to heat their homes. There also used to be an industry extracting oil from it for fuel.

Also not unknown for compost to spontaneously combust under the right conditions. It produces methane as it decomposes. Similar reasons why there are fires at landfill sites sometimes.

If you have a shed or outbuilding of some sort I'd store your stuff in there...or even just keep it out the back, if necessary.

Last but not least, get yourself a metal bin or similar for tossing your butts into. Just checked and actual cigarette bins are horribly expensive (£50 and upwards), but a metal office / domestic bin should be a lot more reasonable.

Anyway, glad you're okay and the damage wasn't more extensive! 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0