• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

Well the uninspiring, spiritless, directionless, headless dross just continues as it has from January. That was a tactical shambles. Reading are in a dreadful state on and off the pitch and yet their cobbled up defence held the mighty Boro at bay with our Goalkeeper having our best chance of the game.

We were cut open at will by fast, slick passing movements with Hooped shirts moving off the ball, dragging defenders and midfielders all over while we played walking football like an over 65's tournament match. Dreadful and painful at times to endure. One off day or even a poor spell is one thing but we are now almost into October and things have been the same all year. 

It's not the ideal time to ditch Warnock as I'm sure Scott's plan isn't even past it's first draft but an interim holding Manager has to be better than this dross. That said there are Managers out there and available who would be a better fit for this squad and could become permanent. A shocker against the Blades which is almost nailed on come Tuesday night should be enough for SG and NW to shake hands and to realise it's all over. Thanks Neil but time for Boro to move forward unlike most of our passing today.

• Like 7

Warnock thanks for keeping us out of league one when you first came into the club and building us a mid table stable squad last season. However I now believe its time to part too protect your legacy, the constant hoof ball since the qpr game is wearing and having got the key area you were area you were missing in the first 6 games of the season in Sporar now we aren't creating the chances for him. Sorry Warnock you need to go, please resign as Gibson wont sack you. 

• Like 5

Reading viewing the last couple of pages of this thread I'm glad I missed the game. The F1 was far more exciting.

Sounds like we had a shocker...though the BBC stats and live text make it sound fairly even.

Still poor that we only mustered 2 shots on target all game against a team with an apparently makeshift defence.

Looking at the table Boro could be 20th if results go against us. If this is the case I think alarm bells will be ringing...

Back from the game. I feel for the fans travelling home to Boro. Honestly, following this club live is a waste of time and money right now.

At the end of last season, I took a break from watching our games as I was getting no joy from it - just caught up on the scores instead.

Time for that again until this clown leaves our club. Be under no illusions, we didn't lose to a good team today.

Outhought, outfought, and outsung by a tinpot club. Embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Only seen the score. We’re going nowhere under this ancient relic. At the point now, like under Pulis, where I’m just going to look at score after most matches. Wake up Gibson. 

• Like 1

We could get Eddie Howe in Frank Lampard Chris Wilder they are many names out there who would get us playing passing style of play our players suit. But playing this long ball defensive football when our players are on higher wages than the opposition is simply wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0