• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's just blamed Payero for the goal, ffs.

It's the most under pressure he's sounded in an interview here, and for good reason, he needs to go.

He did tackle McNair who was trying to stop the cross 

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Back from the game. I feel for the fans travelling home to Boro. Honestly, following this club live is a waste of time and money right now.

At the end of last season, I took a break from watching our games as I was getting no joy from it - just caught up on the scores instead.

Time for that again until this clown leaves our club. Be under no illusions, we didn't lose to a good team today.

Outhought, outfought, and outsung by a tinpot club. Embarrassing.

Thanks for the summary...even if it does make depressing reading.

I was hoping this would be a fairly comfortable, if topsy-turvy season. Now its looking like we could be in a real scrap for survival if performances & results don't improve drastically. ☹️

Wonder what those folks who were predicting a promotion push are thinking now?

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's the most under pressure he's sounded in an interview here, and for good reason, he needs to go.

lmao really? Righto Warnock, out you go. I'm done with him now.

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We could get Eddie Howe in Frank Lampard Chris Wilder they are many names out there who would get us playing passing style of play our players suit. But playing this long ball defensive football when our players are on higher wages than the opposition is simply wrong. 

Why would Howe or Lampard drop down to the Championship to come here?  I don't think either would be a realistic target (although I would like Lampard).  Wilder doesn't convince me.  It hasn't really done much anywhere other than the Blades.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm a bit surprised about that cos I thought he'd try and find a way to blame Jones.  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thanks for the summary...even if it does make depressing reading.

I was hoping this would be a fairly comfortable, if topsy-turvy season. Now its looking like we could be in a real scrap for survival if performances & results don't improve drastically. ☹️

Wonder what those folks who were predicting a promotion push are thinking now?

We've been outplayed and beaten by Coventry, Blackpool and Reading. QPR would have had 5 or 6 without their sending off, and Fulham should have buried us with better finishing.

Anyone who thinks we're going to trouble the top 6 needs to give their head a serious shake.

Doubt we will go down especially after the Derby points deduction, but I challenge anyone to look down that fixture list and tell me where wins are coming from.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

He did tackle McNair who was trying to stop the cross 

He didn't actually mate.  McNair challenged a different Reading player with the ball, and knocked it to the Reading player who ended up crossing it in.  I think Payero would get the blame from Warnock's perspective because he doesn't quite follow anyone and ends up not really in position to do anything.

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

If we’re not talking to prospective managers already we need to start pretty bloody quick. Sell the dream to Lampard and get him in! 

Lampard or Howe would ideal, basically anyone that will entertain us.

6 minutes ago, White Band said:

Why would Howe or Lampard drop down to the Championship to come here?  I don't think either would be a realistic target (although I would like Lampard).  Wilder doesn't convince me.  It hasn't really done much anywhere other than the Blades.

I dont think Howe would, but Lampard? Just because he managed Chelsea doesnt make him a Premiership manager and he hasnt really proved his worth anywhere, his season at Derby was made to look good because he had Mount on loan.  If Wilder doesnt convince you then I dont see how Lampoard does either.

We certainly need a new outlook, I dont know where from because im still not convinced by the players.....all I do know is we cannot continue the way we are.

In my campaign to point out that Howson isn't that good, here are a couple of highlights from today's game:

Remember this first good chance for Reading.  Have a guess who was marking him just before he makes his run into all of that space.  In fairness to Howson, he actually tries to pass him off to Peltier after he's left him alone.  Unfortunately, Peltier is going to the same man who Howson has decided to go to.

Screenshot_7.png

Good chance number two.  Well, we all saw that one at the time but still it was quite impressive how he let their lad run right past him.

Screenshot_8.png

Build up to the goal.  Nothing major here but Howson is the bottom Boro player in the picture when Reading play that ball forward.  Payero is the Boro player at the top of the screen.  There seems to my mind to be too big of a gap between our back four and our midfield and the Reading pass goes into the gap between the two.  Howson is never able to get back into position to do anything really.  Payero could have done if he'd followed his man.  If I remember rightly, Payero played in front of a holding midfielder for his club side in Argentina?

Screenshot_9.png

• Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0