oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

41 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We are a very unWarnock-like side. Not organised well and not hard to beat. 

we look like we would be a dream to play against. 

I mean we look a lot like the  Leeds, palace and Cardiff in his final season teams. His last 3 permenant jobs. This isn't a surprise, at least not to anyone who's been paying attention to his performance in the modern game (one anomoly aside. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Been told by someone on here that if we lost today, Warnock is gone.

Don't know if this person told anyone else but he's been absolutely bang on about things in the past so let's hope he's right.

(And no, it's not my brother!)

I posted this on FMTTM, but I was told last night by a current employee of the football club, and an ex-player who I played golf with this morning, that Warnock has two games to save his job.

Whether this means he’ll be gone after Tuesday I don’t know, but I guess time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I'm a bit surprised about that cos I thought he'd try and find a way to blame Jones.  

Just reading the Gazette, and he does actually manage to get a bit in about Jones.  Phew!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-persevere-cant-fault-21677440

I know that I have experienced a fire today but this lot today needs a fire lit under them and perhaps some firing to boot!

What a pitiful game to watch, no fire (cough, cough) no passion, no working of the keeper worthy of note, silly sending off though maybe debatable and a goal scored because our goalie was blindsided.

Reading were the better team again and our attack though pretty obvious were creaking under pressure, failed to trouble their make shift defence for long enough.

Jones seems to have lost his super powers since his mask was removed, time to put it back on!

Payero, what a lazy player he is, points his fingers at team mates when things went amiss but did zip all to help out, the game seemed to just pass him by. Siliki well his passing leaves a lot to desire perhaps the air is thicker in France and slows the ball down becuase his skills are not showing.

We are an easy team to beat and others know it, our shot shy forwards and midfield will not be troubling anyone and why can we not go through the middle?

Fear for Tuesdays game so best of luck at @marvin don't  forget it is a live game

Good to see @Uwe and @trekkers, hope you get home safe

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

I know that I have experienced a fire today but this lot today needs a fire lit under them and perhaps some firing to boot!

What a pitiful game to watch, no fire (cough, cough) no passion, no working of the keeper worthy of note, silly sending off though maybe debatable and a goal scored because our goalie was blindsided.

Reading were the better team again and our attack though pretty obvious were creaking under pressure, failed to trouble their make shift defence for long enough.

Jones seems to have lost his super powers since his mask was removed, time to put it back on!

Payero, what a lazy player he is, points his fingers at team mates when things went amiss but did zip all to help out, the game seemed to just pass him by. Siliki well his passing leaves a lot to desire perhaps the air is thicker in France and slows the ball down becuase his skills are not showing.

We are an easy team to beat and others know it, our shot shy forwards and midfield will not be troubling anyone and why can we not go through the middle?

Fear for Tuesdays game so best of luck at @marvin don't  forget it is a live game

Good to see @Uwe and @trekkers, hope you get home safe

On the plus side it was like that game years ago with 10 mins added and a sending off!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bit harsh to have a go at Payero when most of the time the ball was played over his head

Understand what you are saying but this is a team game and the lad simply did not work hard enough save pointing fingers at others errors, hopefully this will improve and he will start pointing his toes as well🙂

19 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I posted this on FMTTM, but I was told last night by a current employee of the football club, and an ex-player who I played golf with this morning, that Warnock has two games to save his job.

Whether this means he’ll be gone after Tuesday I don’t know, but I guess time will tell.

I suspect, if true, this means Gibson will be telling him not to let the door his his *** on the way out, very shortly.

Get Out Of Here GIF by filmeditorleave now time GIF

Read the EG and encouraging words from NW, well not really because there was nothing new he hadn’t said last or this season. I read nothing to suggest he knows the problem or how to resolve it other then happy with the effort, unlucky and keep trying. 
My opinion is simple, get rid of him now because we have nothing to loose. I mean with Derby down and two more to join them, we are far better then many other teams and would, with out a great deal of effort, survive. 
I support starting a new project now rather then sit and hope, after all there is nothing to loose.. 

12 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I support starting a new project now rather then sit and hope, after all there is nothing to loose.. 

I'm really starting to come around to that line of thinking. It's not so much the horrid tactics for me, it's the way he's taking his frustrations and his own shitty tactics out on players we've brought in to be the future of this club. A full season under Warnock and some of them might not want to spend any longer here at all.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm really starting to come around to that line of thinking. It's not so much the horrid tactics for me, it's the way he's taking his frustrations and his own shitty tactics out on players we've brought in to be the future of this club. A full season under Warnock and some of them might not want to spend any longer here at all.

If we are not careful the rot which is already possibly taking hold will become deep rooted and set if it is left much longer. There doesn't look to be any confidence or belief about the side now so if this slump continues it isn't going to improve by itself.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Payero said:

Heard something pretty interesting yesterday regarding our managers job yesterday. I can't really say I'll probably get somebody in trouble.

Then why bring it up ffs. It’s an Internet forum where people want to know. In the future if you can’t say anything, why dangle a carrot 👀

• Like 5

Warnock should be gone tonight for me we are way off, we look way off and he's showing no signs of having a clue what to do about it.

If Gibson let's him limp through the season to finish mid table just for the sake of letting him sail off into retirement unscathed it would be an absolute joke.