oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

9 minutes ago, Payero said:

Heard something pretty interesting yesterday regarding our managers job yesterday. I can't really say I'll probably get somebody in trouble.

I've been wondering who you are for a little while now.  I thought you were just one of the FMTTM lads but you've said a few things that seemed to suggest you had some connection to the club or Warnock.  Not that it's any of my business like, I'm just a nosy bugger.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Been told by someone on here that if we lost today, Warnock is gone.

Don't know if this person told anyone else but he's been absolutely bang on about things in the past so let's hope he's right.

(And no, it's not my brother!)

You seem to be well respected on FMTTM.

14 minutes ago, Payero said:

Heard something pretty interesting yesterday regarding our managers job yesterday. I can't really say I'll probably get somebody in trouble.

AAawww haway, yer can't tease us like that!! For me, I honestly don't understand the point of Warnock hanging around for the rest of this season??? Top six hopes could be salvageable, only by a very small chance though, but it is a chance if we thank Warnock and move him on after today and bring someone else in. We all know there are some great managers available. 

Personally I'd love Howe but I know there's absolutely no chance that is happening. 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bit harsh to have a go at Payero when most of the time the ball was played over his head

i thought exactly that our ball players just dont get involved at all unless its wide picking up a long diagonal. its seriously all down to his tactics. they must be so frustrated. 

• Like 1

If Reading get a 9 point deduction they would still be only 5 points behind us. At present after 9 games they are 4 points ahead of us, it wouldn't take them long to overtake us based on current run rates. 

I'm guessing that Derby will have a tougher task to catch us especially if they get further deductions but that still means we have to hope that two sides will be worse than us over the season. Hull and Peterborough are the obvious two but after that I'm not comfortable that we will do any better than Forest, Millwall and Barnsley unless there is a radical change in attitude. That's too close for comfort in my eyes and not providing a platform for any new Manager and also not helpful in our recruitment ambitions.

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If we are not careful the rot which is already possibly taking hold will become deep rooted and set if it is left much longer. There doesn't look to be any confidence or belief about the side now so if this slump continues it isn't going to improve by itself.

Well that’s the point I am making and why I support starting a new project. Reading could hardly scrap a team together , bottom in goal scoring and coinciding stats and fielding something like eight midfielders, and they had a make shift back four but made us look like a pushover. NW has win 1 in 7 / 2 in 9 and lives in hope. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Payero said:

Was it you that mentioned Enrico Maaßen previously? Or is this something different?

1 minute ago, pikerman said:

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

The luck o' the Irish is rubbing off on you already!

Just can't see the point in keeping Warnock on now.

We're out of the promotion race hbleas we go on a run that hasn't happened in 63 games under Warnock so far, and he'd going at the end of the season anyway.

I'm aware that I'd have been crying patience if we'd beaten Reading, so it's a bit reactionary, but we didn't and I doubt we're going to have a better opportunity to register a win going forwards.

The only reason not to bring in a new manager now is in case we go on a poor run and taint him before next season.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Payero said:

Sorry I realise now that it's a huge dangler 🤣 

Gibbo's in two minds isn't he?? Fire him now, risk the new guy tainting his rep before the next season if we're still *** or just let the season carry on with Warnock keeping us up by a point 🤣

*EDIT - I hope Gibbo has been talking to Howe about taking over next season, but now considering asking him to come in now. He does have connections to Scott, after all. He would be my choice and think it would all work nicely if we made that kind of appointment, now we have Scott behind the scenes.