• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

Michael Reiziger would be my first choice. After that I'd give Lampard a go and I'm sure Scott has some foreign gems on his list.

Warnock is never gonna get anything out of this squad. On paper we've actually got quite a technical/ball playing team and Warnock only does well with his lumps.

Any of the stat guys know where we'd be in a 2021 table? I'm guessing bottom or there abouts. This isn't just short term form.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

Our performance today versus Brentfords performance today. Says it all for me. We have lost our way so badly as a club it’s painful.

Not to mention that we drew against Brighton to get promoted at their expense, and now Brighton will go top of the premier league on Monday if they beat palace. All because of a smart managerial appointment and backing his vision. 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Our performance today versus Brentfords performance today. Says it all for me. We have lost our way so badly as a club it’s painful.

They have progressive manager playing progressive football.   The complete opposite to us. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

They have progressive manager playing progressive football.   The complete opposite to us. 

Progressive club working to a solid long term strategy. Jobs for the people most qualified to do the job rather than those who are mates with the chairman. I mean seriously- would a numb nuts like Woodgate get the managers role at Brentford? I hope that Scott is a genuine appointment who will be allowed to have  a genuine influence and, if he is, then I hope he’s exerting it fully come Monday morning.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

While we have a regressive Manager playing regressive football which as you say is the complete opposite to us except that when I actually type it it looks real scary.

A regressive Manager playing regressive football. How bad can it get and where is it going to take us?

• Like 1

The dust has settled after yesterday and I've calmed down, but my opinion hasn't changed.

Warnock needs to go.

I just can't believe how poor we were against a ramshackle Reading side.

It says a lot when our biggest chance was Joe Lumley almost heading the ball in the 100th minute.

14 hours ago, Payero said:

Heard something pretty interesting yesterday regarding our managers job yesterday. I can't really say I'll probably get somebody in trouble.

Errr, sorry why even mention this, you can always hazard a guess as we all can, no-one gets into trouble.

You should share

13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I think the next manager will get a lot of time and patience with the fans if he tries to get the ball on the ground and play football. So long as we're not in a relegation fight like woodgate, most fans will just be so glad not to be suffering through pulis and Warnock type football I think most of us will be happy. 

As the title of Monty Python stated "Its now time for something completely different"

• Like 2

Now would be a good place to insert a mock-up of a large foot crushing NW..  but I still think that if anything happens, it will be during the break.   Wonder how our nearest Premier League managers are feeling knowing that their combined points total is less than ours? for what it is worth, I think we have enough about us to at least survive, whether it is with Neil or A. N. Other. In Dad's Army terms, we are at the "Don't Panic" stage and hopefully won't reach "We're doomed", but to mix metaphors, we need a cunning plan that doesn't end up with us leaving the trenches to get annihilated. Success means different things to different people, but if Neil hasn't got the team behind him, then he is on borrowed time and I think the phrase "by mutual consent" may well appear soon. All this might be meaningless if we suddenly turn things round a la McLaren, but at the moment we are looking like a bunch of individuals rather than a team and that is the one thing that Warnock is known for. Bit of a rambling post but mainly trying to say that we seem to have reached that stage where something needs to be done and I would rather it wasn't a temporary fix. Stevie G needs to either say he has every confidence in present boss or take action, the rising speculation is beginning to reach the stage that it must be unsettling for players as well, so the next seven days might be very significant 

• Like 1

Anybody else find it odd that the Gazette are leading today with a Leadbitter fluff piece rather than the usual morning after review and other pieces coming from the game. Awesome player for us but more important things need discussing. Can only hope it’s a sign of other news coming later today 🤞 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Errr, sorry why even mention this, you can always hazard a guess as we all can, no-one gets into trouble.

You should share

It’s because he actually knows nothing but wants people to give him attention 😮💨

I’m getting a little jaundiced with the footie

We appear to have the oddest squad on the planet – about half of them are Warnockers and the other half are footballers.  They do not understand each other nor play as though they could anytime soon.

The crowd want football and Warnock wants Warnock ball up in the air and run like hell after it.  I fear it may not end well.

We do however need points.  preferably sooner rather than later

• Like 2