oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

The manner of that defeat, given the state Reading are currently in, is most alarming. The stats as posted above re them being bottom of every defensive stat table and we barely laid a glove on them. And at the other end opened up so easily and so often. It really just looks a complete hotch potch tactically with a manager wanting to play one way and a recruiting policy that largely suits another. It’s pretty obvious that promotion under Warnock is already a pipe dream and so there seems little point, for anybody concerned, to continue this way. Shake hands, thank them for their efforts in keeping us up (for which we are grateful as we were going down under Woodgate without doubt) and let’s look to the future.

• Like 2
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

I really do think momentum is gaining. On Fly Me there’s a selection of Boro fans comments after yesterday’s defeat.

Warnock isn’t stupid. He will be well aware the tide is turning. And, if he is completely honest, he will admit he is failing badly.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The gazette should be running its time for Warnock to go articles why don't they write what the fans feel? 

Because they're essentially a blog now that has to completely tow the club's line to get access to press conferences.

Ever since that nasty business where they had the journos banned, they've had almost no exclusive information or anything of consequence to say. Unfortunately, it seems like they had to adapt in order to survive.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Brisbrough said:

Anybody else find it odd that the Gazette are leading today with a Leadbitter fluff piece rather than the usual morning after review and other pieces coming from the game. Awesome player for us but more important things need discussing. Can only hope it’s a sign of other news coming later today 🤞 

If they hadn't sacked me I'd have been giving Warnock what for today 👊

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Errr, sorry why even mention this, you can always hazard a guess as we all can, no-one gets into trouble.

You should share

7 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

It’s because he actually knows nothing but wants people to give him attention 😮💨

For what it's worth he has said something to me via PM yesterday evening.  I suppose he could be making it up but there's no reason to automatically just think that.  It's not my place to post it but let's just say that this was me after reading it 🙂

4 minutes ago, Payero said:

The search for the new head coach started last week.

Id have expected us to have at least a short list of potentials since the summer, even if warnock was doing ok now we’d still need someone for next season.

32 minutes ago, Payero said:

You'd think so and they probably do. I think this could be the time where gibbo breaks his golden rule 

It’s a pointless rule anyway lol, what’s the difference between poaching a teams manager or their best player?

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

For what it's worth he has said something to me via PM yesterday evening.  I suppose he could be making it up but there's no reason to automatically just think that.  It's not my place to post it but let's just say that this was me after reading it 🙂

Then boy we live in hope 🙏🙏

5 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Would rather eat my own **** then have that sour faced, T**** back here

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If they hadn't sacked me I'd have been giving Warnock what for today 👊

And a journo like you is exactly what is needed at this time. ( not to blow sugar up your a&&e).I remember a few years ago FMTTM had a meeting with Gibbo and under a past guise I was very critical about him. It transpired I was the poster Gibbo found as a major irritant! 

Apparently, it stunned The Fly Me boys I had such a badge of pride!!!!!!