oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

As compost breaks down it can generate a great deal of heat and ignite so best to allow good airflow. However a lit cig is more likely the culprit. The main thing is your family are safe and hope the clean up goes well.  

Gone very well, thankfully just me in the house.

The soot whichis baked into the brickwork is still warmish but I soaked it so much I do not believe small soot deposits will reignite (famous last words hope that I do not get back to find it had)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Peat is actually highly combustible mate.

The Irish used to use it to heat their homes. There also used to be an industry extracting oil from it for fuel.

Also not unknown for compost to spontaneously combust under the right conditions. It produces methane as it decomposes. Similar reasons why there are fires at landfill sites sometimes.

If you have a shed or outbuilding of some sort I'd store your stuff in there...or even just keep it out the back, if necessary.

Last but not least, get yourself a metal bin or similar for tossing your butts into. Just checked and actual cigarette bins are horribly expensive (£50 and upwards), but a metal office / domestic bin should be a lot more reasonable.

Anyway, glad you're okay and the damage wasn't more extensive! 

Indeed front porches are meant to be clear apart from the odd hanging basket. I have a insinirator already which I will use from now on, everything is cleared up jst need to clean the brickwork later on

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Warnock out chants by 70 minutes

Fingers crossed. We all know that he got away with last season becuase there were no fans in the stadiums.

I always said I'd give him ten games this season to see what he could do with a sqaud full of players not suited to him and its as i expected. I'm done with him.  He has some good players at his disposal so why isn't he looking at why we aren't getting the best out of them? 

We won't go on any kind of big run under him because we don't have a plan apart from the stupid man marking and hitting the balls into channels. Easy for teams to counter becuase they know we will tire and then our concentration will go. 

7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Fingers crossed. We all know that he got away with last season becuase there were no fans in the stadiums.

I always said I'd give him ten games this season to see what he could do with a sqaud full of players not suited to him and its as i expected. I'm done with him.  He has some good players at his disposal so why isn't he looking at why we aren't getting the best out of them? 

So you've only given him 8 of your 10 games and are actively wanting him to lose the 9th?

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0