oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

1 minute ago, uncle_rico said:

I think we'll see a return to 3 CB and wing backs, especially of McNair is fit.

If Dijksteel is hurt I don't think we will, don't think he wants Peltier playing as a RWB and he's our only option there with Dijksteel out. Unless of course he plays Tav there again...

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

I had the the misfortune of spending all weekend sat in Berwick Hills swimming baths watching my daughter swimming in a gala. After 18 months of not attending one of these events I thought that I would enjoy sitting in a seat in a hot and humid environment, only escaping to got to the match, how wrong was I?

After around an hour I realised I hate these things and then I heard a voice with an accent, a voice that I had heard before somewhere, I over my right shoulder and who was sat there? LP (using initials so as not to name names), thats who! Suddenly my day got a whole lot better.  I didnt want to talk shop too much with him, so i asked what he was doing there (obvious question really) how Pietro was doing with his swimming and whether he was enjoying it etc, etc.  Anyway needless to say the conversation soon turn to Boro and how they were doing and he assured me that they are getting better by the day on the training pitch and let me know that the plan was to get Martin (Payero) on for 20-30 mins that day, not long later he left, said goodbye and that he had to go to work.

On Sunday I was leaving the baths to go to Morrisons for some lunch and there he was there again, queuing to get in, he recognised me and said hello and we had another short discussion about the performance of the team against Blackpool. Basically he cannot understand how Payero is not getting a game, he is the best player the club have and was as frustrated as the fans were with how Siliki was not doing the simple stuff and how often he gave the ball away, he should have been off much earlier as the game was starting to slip away from us. 
I dont know if its the same throughout the club, but he certainly seemed to be confused about team selection and the timing of substitutes as the rest of us.......lets hope that NW can get it right against Reading as the fans are not willing to put up with this much longer i fear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

-      Any other past or present Boro players we should invite to play at the reading festival?

Alan White Stripes, Mikkel Beck, Clayton Blackmore's Night, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Christian Ziege Ziege Sputnik, Jason Steele Panther.

-       Will Payerosmith get his start? Or is that crazy?

Don't see it myself. Its another away game against opponents on a good run of form. Expect NW will set us up not to lose again. Payero can expect a place on the bench at most and maybe get 10 minutes or so at the end.

-       Will Dijksteelers Wheel be stuck in the middle, or playing at the back?

Since Reading seem to favour 4-2-3-1 whether home or away, I expect we'll line up the same, meaning Anferne should be back in his favoured position.

-       Score / Lineup etc.

Expect more or less the same starting line-up, with just Peltier making way for Bola, if he's fit. As much because any other changes wouldn't really improve it, as Warnock's stubbornness. Personally I'd also switch Pelts to the centre, in place of Hall and shuffle a couple of others around. Maybe bring Jones back now he's had a rest.

1412827489_ReadingvBoro.PNG.393b75d49d62b6adef2763993d74473f.PNG

EDIT: If Dijksteel is out with injury and McNair is available again, just switch Pelts to RB while Paddy slots in at CB.

Regardless of how we line up, I'm not very hopeful about this one. While Reading got off to a dodgy start, they have turned things around lately. Unbeaten in 3 with a surprising win at Fulham in their last game.

They do have a rather leaky defence, having conceded 18 goals...the most of any team in the league. But I don't think that will be a problem for them against Boro. Prediction: Reading 2 - 1 Boro.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If Dijksteel is hurt I don't think we will, don't think he wants Peltier playing as a RWB and he's our only option there with Dijksteel out. Unless of course he plays Tav there again...

Ffs I completely forgot he went off injured... so we have three of our first choice back four missing as it stands.  

Hopefully McNair is back at least.

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday for the entire weekend, so I won't be able to watch what I expect to be a carcrash of us hoofing it for 90 mins and losing 3-0. Warnocks excuse will probably be that Reading get a 50/50 penalty decision for 3-0 in the 80th minute. Please be gone Warnock.

46 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I had the the misfortune of spending all weekend sat in Berwick Hills swimming baths watching my daughter swimming in a gala. After 18 months of not attending one of these events I thought that I would enjoy sitting in a seat in a hot and humid environment, only escaping to got to the match, how wrong was I?

After around an hour I realised I hate these things and then I heard a voice with an accent, a voice that I had heard before somewhere, I over my right shoulder and who was sat there? LP (using initials so as not to name names), thats who! Suddenly my day got a whole lot better.  I didnt want to talk shop too much with him, so i asked what he was doing there (obvious question really) how Pietro was doing with his swimming and whether he was enjoying it etc, etc.  Anyway needless to say the conversation soon turn to Boro and how they were doing and he assured me that they are getting better by the day on the training pitch and let me know that the plan was to get Martin (Payero) on for 20-30 mins that day, not long later he left, said goodbye and that he had to go to work.

On Sunday I was leaving the baths to go to Morrisons for some lunch and there he was there again, queuing to get in, he recognised me and said hello and we had another short discussion about the performance of the team against Blackpool. Basically he cannot understand how Payero is not getting a game, he is the best player the club have and was as frustrated as the fans were with how Siliki was not doing the simple stuff and how often he gave the ball away, he should have been off much earlier as the game was starting to slip away from us. 
I dont know if its the same throughout the club, but he certainly seemed to be confused about team selection and the timing of substitutes as the rest of us.......lets hope that NW can get it right against Reading as the fans are not willing to put up with this much longer i fear.

You use his initials so as not to name names but then go on to name his only living child.

Well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You use his initials so as not to name names but then go on to name his only living child.

Well done.

If that's the only problem you have with that post then im happy, although it could be any ones child, however unlikely.

• Like 1

Cheers for that post jonny, ignore DZ. if what you said is true thats great news, not just the fans who are getting fed up of NW and his crazy selections and dog awful tactics. I wonder if the players are fed up aswell? it must feel like they are playing with their laces tied together following his terrible tactical set up. 

under pulis when the players had enough of it you could see they actually hated playing that way. they all looked like they were just turning up because they had to lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm not jealous, I once stood behind Dimi in line at Costa Coffee

What did he order? Was it a flat white or a ltd edition hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles?

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Cheers for that post jonny, ignore DZ. if what you said is true thats great news, not just the fans who are getting fed up of NW and his crazy selections and dog awful tactics. I wonder if the players are fed up aswell? it must feel like they are playing with their laces tied together following his terrible tactical set up. 

under pulis when the players had enough of it you could see they actually hated playing that way. they all looked like they were just turning up because they had to lol

Thanks Kev, Im glad someone appreciates it as it was intended, more of an insight as to what some ppl in club are feeling rather than a name dropping exercise, the story was intended to give context as to the meeting.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0