oneBoro Forum

Reading v Boro 1-0

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

I think he will leave him in charge for the Blades match as there is little point or time in changing things right now but my guess is the trigger will be pulled on Tuesday night.

No point waiting. Send him and his staff down the road asap

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

Someone has got to sit down with Steve Gibson and explain to him that in football terms gone has the day of the dinosaur, and a modern forward thinking manager is needed in order for the the likes of Tav, Payero and Jones to progress and reach their potential and for this club to move in the right direction.  Loyalty is one thing but blind loyalty spells failure and despair. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, macapes said:

He did it to Southgate and we're at the other end of the table.

Yeah I suppose although we'd been relegated under Southgate, and had been battered 5-0 at home by a supposed promotion rival.  I think Gibson was of a mind to do it in the summer but decided to give him a bit more time.  I just dunno if Warnock is in the same position.

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Been told by someone on here that if we lost today, Warnock is gone.

Don't know if this person told anyone else but he's been absolutely bang on about things in the past so let's hope he's right.

(And no, it's not my brother!)

C'mon man, you know your dad Changing Rooms likes winding you up! 😁

Seems just a little premature, if true. But if it were me I'd only give Warnock a couple more games max, so... 🤷‍♂️

• Wow 1

I'd agree Lumley was decent, without him we'd have lost by more and he nearly had an undeserved equaliser.

Might be unfair but I feel like he should have been able to save the goal given how slowly it trickled over the line.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd agree Lumley was decent.

Might be unfair but I feel like he should have been able to save the goal given how slowly it trickled over the line.

Possibly a bit harsh cos I think he is completely wrong footed, although he does look a bit like an off balance crab.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I suppose although we'd been relegated under Southgate, and had been battered 5-0 at home by a supposed promotion rival.  I think Gibson was of a mind to do it in the summer but decided to give him a bit more time.  I just dunno if Warnock is in the same position.

Yeah, I don't think it's anything like the same - but if Gibbo is planning on sacking him, I don't think a result at United matters one way or the other, it'll be down to timing on whoever they bring in next, because we don't have an assistant to take over that isn't just Warnock continued.  Can't see us taking a point there anyway, mind.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, macapes said:

Yeah, I don't think it's anything like the same - but if Gibbo is planning on sacking him, I don't think a result at United matters one way or the other, it'll be down to timing on whoever they bring in next, because we don't have an assistant to take over that isn't just Warnock continued.  Can't see us taking a point there anyway, mind.

We could easily batter them 0-1.

• Haha 1

Just got home forgot it was an early KO. Its all gone Pete Tong. Time for a big change and we need to stop worrying about derby as at this rate they be over taking us. How ironic if Derby and Boro are relegated or worse Derby survive we dont

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Possibly a bit harsh cos I think he is completely wrong footed, although he does look a bit like an off balance crab.

I know, I'm probably being overly critical, it wasn't even where the Reading player was trying to shoot.

2 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Just got home forgot it was an early KO. Its all gone Pete Tong. Time for a big change and we need to stop worrying about derby as at this rate they be over taking us. How ironic if Derby and Boro are relegated or worse Derby survive we dont

Gibson in the last 5-6 years has been more interested in sueing Derby than running his own club, its becoming a huge problem. Probably the reason he brought in Woodgate who started this s..t show, becuase it was easy and he could concentrate on Derby. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0