• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teams: Boro v Reading (which, coincidentally is also the name of Middlesbrough Council’s new anti-literacy campaign.... Burning books near you soon!) Location: Madejski Stadium Competition: 

Imagine talking about one of your clubs greatest ever hero's in this way whether you want him back as manager or not. Give your head a shake.

In the west of Ireland with no broadband so travelled 45 minutes to watch the match in my friends pub only to find I had missed it due to an early kickoff. I feel blessed

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

No Lea-Siliki though. Maybe it's Payero time.

It surely has to be, he was truly rubbish against Blackpool and Payero did more in 15 minutes than he did in 79.

The weighting on every pass was wrong, and he lost the ball nearly every time he had it.

Still plenty of time for him to improve though.

• Like 1

Reading away not lost in three games and one point better off then Boro. Boro four away from the play off and the dreaded bottom three. Now four points does not sound a lot but it certainly is if you are trying to make up ground. Assuming all above draw four in a row ,we need four straight wins. Or put it another way, as we are around a solitary point a game opposed to the play off at around two then we need four straight wins. So the gap is pretty big and widening. 

In my early days of travelling we would stop in Reading overnight before travelling to games the next day. First it broke up the journey and secondly it was a night out. 
BORO away fans will be there in numbers and I feel it’s going to be a turning point with three points. 
I won’t be watching as I’ll be attending one of my grandchild’s first birthday so having spoken with NW he stated “don’t worry enjoy the day I have a cunning plan” oh what’s that Neil “ well not saying much but if I can get at the ref we should do well” just asking are the lads up for it Neil “ no that’s my job they just need to run around following a Reading player “ Neil what about tactic, the game plan “the what, listen I have to go I am on a call to the FA” 

15 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

It surely has to be, he was truly rubbish against Blackpool and Payero did more in 15 minutes than he did in 79.

The weighting on every pass was wrong, and he lost the ball nearly every time he had it.

Still plenty of time for him to improve though.

Siliki had a good first half hour. He seemed to run out of steam after that. Match fitness seems to be a problem for him.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Siliki had a good first half hour. He seemed to run out of steam after that. Match fitness seems to be a problem for him.

Not sure I agree on the good first half hour, but it's absolutely going to be a problem considering how little he's played.

He'll get there.

34 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure I agree on the good first half hour, but it's absolutely going to be a problem considering how little he's played.

He'll get there.

Anyone thats played football will know that it takes a bit of time to get up to speed if you haven't had much football. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Anyone thats played football will know that it takes a bit of time to get up to speed if you haven't had much football. 

I'm sure he'll get that time too, but I'd still be starting Payero ahead of him on Saturday.

• Downsouth changed the title to Reading v Boro 1-0