oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

685840373_Screenshot2021-09-26at13_11_21.thumb.png.58e7e7116b2182a0a455e7b6cd88e0e4.png

MFC v SU, Tuesday 28th September 2021

Kick Off: 19:45

Location: The Riverside Stadium (& live on SkySports Main Event)

"Is this his last match?"

Well, I'm sure everyone is excited to see what happens on Tuesday night. Will the blades of Sheffield strike the final blow in the managerial reign of Neil Warnock? Will the club that he loves and supported as a child be the club that brutally ends a career in football management that has spanned over four centuries? 

I think it's reasonable enough to summise that most Boro fans have had enough of Warnock. The most exciting thing I saw at the last game was reading in the match day thread a few ITK hints that Warnock's time is nearly at an end. Interesting conversations with ex players, contacts within the club, surely Gibson can't be that daft etc. Dinosaurs no longer rule, except at MFC.

This game being live on SkySports is another chance for us to shine in front of the footballing world, against a club whose flirtation with Premier League football was more recent than ours. Newly relegated teams expect to bounce straight back up and start the season winning, only to realise that it's not as easy at it sounds. Sheffield United didn't win a league game until they faced Wayne Rooney's Derby, six games deep in to the season. Derby County, a side that are becoming the definition of turmoil. A side that I can look at and be thankful that no matter how bad things seem here at the moment, we're not that bad. So beating them is easy peasy...

I'm trying to be enthusiastic about this game but the most I can muster is that it might be the end of Warnock. I don't think we'll win. I don't think the problems in the squad are as bad as Warnock suggests. I don't think we've been done out of victories by poor refereeing decisions. We've been the victims of a lack of a plan on the pitch. I can only imagine that Warnock's instructions before and throughout the game are thus: "Man mark so you get pulled out of position and leave huge craters that you could drive busses through, then if you get the ball, hoof it to the corners... Don't kick it that hard... Oh its gone out again has it... Do the same again, but try kicking it different? Why isn't it working? The players aren't good enough... The ref is useless... (insert every excuse here)"

Sheffield United don't appear to have dedicated MDT's like ours. They seem to have a discussion that happens during and after the game. You can have a look >here<. They seem to be excited about Morgan Gibbs White. Jokanović seems like a decent manager who could do well with their team. Imagine making a good appointment following relegation.

So, talking points:

How many goals will Billy Sharpe score against us?

Is there any chance might win, then go on a massive winning streak and win the league?

Is this Warnock's last game in management?

What line up would you go with?

• Like 6
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

In the home of steel it looks like knives out for Warnock. Our attack is blunter than James and opponents have been cutting through our midfield like a hot knife through butter.

There could be an amazing plot twist where we realise that Warnock sacrificed himself all along to protect the next generation of Boro players but that's crazy talk.

Hard to see beyond a 2-0 loss.

What line-up would I choose. A conga in The Viper Rooms. Failing that and assuming the various crocks plus Crooks not getting his red card rescinded:

Lumley

Fry Hall Bola/Peltier

McNair

Tav Howson Malley Jones

Uche Sporar

Malley has done more in two matches than JLS and Payero combined in all of theirs. (I think they will come good but they need to earn their place.) Howson's best match of the season (low bar, I know) was when Morsy was behind him. Peltier didn't much wrong (or right) but Fry and Hall have a bit of an understanding so Peltier could play on the left of a 3 if Bola is not fit enough. 

knivesTOPALT copy.jpg

• Like 3

How many goals will Billy Sharpe score against us?

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

At least one anyway.

Is there any chance we might win, then go on a massive winning streak and win the league?

Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

Pfft...you're hilarious! 😂

Is this Warnock's last game in management?

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Mr Warnock...your contract has been Terminated...

What line up would you go with?

200.gif

Honestly, as long as Warnock is in charge, we could field Barca's first XI and still lose. At this point I genuinely don't think it matters who starts, or how they line up...

• Like 1

Don't think it really matters who plays or in what formation. We always have the same problems.

Just waiting for the inevitable now... Don't think a win would change my feelings on Warnock, or many other peoples.  

Hope we win and will check in on here for updates - but I'll be watching PSG v City.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)