oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's meant to *** down too, not looking forward to stropping home if we lose.

I'll probably step in a giant puddle.

I've got some new waterproof trousers. Trying them out will probably be the highlight of my evening.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

The team he will go for and a big 2 finger salute to Scott and Gibson for the signings of Sporar, Siliki and Payero :

Lumley;

Peltier, Hall, Fry, Bola;

Howson, McNair;

Watmore, Crooks, Tavernier;

Ikpeazu.

If he goes with this team tonight and we dont get a result, then surely SURELY pressure will have to come from Gibson going into the international break.

The team i would like to see and go back to basics with a rigid 4-4-2 formation : (Mcnair and Payero just to sit deep)

Lumley

Peltier   Fry  Hall   Bola

Tavernier Mcnair Payero Jones

Uche  Sporar

When results and performances are not going your way, its vitally important to go back to basics and play rigidly to ensure you dont keep get cutting apart especially in midfield.

It shouldn’t be pressure going into the international break, he should be gone if we lose tonight 

• Like 1

Lose tonight and we could be 10 points off the top 6 and 1 point off the relegation zone, there would be little point in Warnock carrying on.

We wouldn't be going up under him and we'd start to be at risk of relegation.

Which is shocking considering the backing he's had.

We can't blame all our woes on losing Sam Morsy on deadline day.

• Like 1

How many goals will Billy Sharpe score against us?

I will say none, but we are going to lose regardless.

Is there any chance might win, then go on a massive winning streak and win the league?

Not under this manager! But under someone capable of wringing the best out of talented players, it's not inconceivable. The gap to the top teams is big, but it could be overturned if we hit a purple patch in the final two thirds of the season.

Is this Warnock's last game in management?

No. But it'll be his last for us, I reckon.

What line up would you go with?

Start with eleven English players, bring Payero on with ten minutes to go, and then blame defeat on the foreigners for not pulling their weight. Eulogise Sheffield United in the post-match presser, mic drop, home for tea and retirement until Cardiff find themselves in a pickle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

The team he will go for and a big 2 finger salute to Scott and Gibson for the signings of Sporar, Siliki and Payero :

Lumley;

Peltier, Hall, Fry, Bola;

Howson, McNair;

Watmore, Crooks, Tavernier;

Ikpeazu.

If he goes with this team tonight and we dont get a result, then surely SURELY pressure will have to come from Gibson going into the international break.

The team i would like to see and go back to basics with a rigid 4-4-2 formation : (Mcnair and Payero just to sit deep)

Lumley

Peltier   Fry  Hall   Bola

Tavernier Mcnair Payero Jones

Uche  Sporar

When results and performances are not going your way, its vitally important to go back to basics and play rigidly to ensure you dont keep get cutting apart especially in midfield.

It’ll be the first one with Bamba the next cab off the rank. ‘I like lads I can trust me’ We will absolutely batter it at Uche and hope and pray we nick a 1-0. 

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

It shouldn’t be pressure going into the international break, he should be gone if we lose tonight 

We all know Gibson work sack warnock in his final season in management. Only way warnock will leave before end of the season if he walks himself.

The club will put a spin on it to say mutual parting ways but we know it will be warnock who will instigate it.

None of the foreign players will play tonight imo, hopefully i am wrong.

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We all know Gibson work sack warnock in his final season in management. Only way warnock will leave before end of the season if he walks himself.

The club will put a spin on it to say mutual parting ways but we know it will be warnock who will instigate it.

None of the foreign players will play tonight imo, hopefully i am wrong.

Surely that alone will incite some unrest in the stands tonight, you would of thought. 

Let's look at it, I can understand leaving Siliki on the bench, and to some extent Payero, but sporar always looks a threat, and in my opinion done nothing wrong. Siliki doesn't look match sharp yet, and Payero while has shown good passing qualities needs to learn the defensive side a bit better. Hernandez is also a threat too unless he is still out with his injury.

3 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Unfortunately, I don't think the crowd will turn even if we do lose. There's a significant amount of our fanbase that really chime with Warnock and think he's still the right man. The forum-going, twitter-using section of our fanbase isn't really representative of it as a whole I don't think.

I agree but I don't think they'll stick with him when results aren't pointing at promotion. There are some who will be lapping up his comments for sure but I guess we might see tonight just how bad that is.

I actually left a few minutes early during the Blackpool game so I don't know if there was booing really, I can't remember if anybody else said so on this forum or on Twitter.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Lose tonight and we could be 10 points off the top 6 and 1 point off the relegation zone, there would be little point in Warnock carrying on.

We wouldn't be going up under him and we'd start to be at risk of relegation.

Which is shocking considering the backing he's had.

We can't blame all our woes on losing Sam Morsy on deadline day.

I think it's absolutely mad how many people bring this up on Twitter and elsewhere. The phone-ins and the messages Tees get, the sheer amount of Morsy messages is stunning. He didn't do sod all for us other than get his name written down by multiple refs.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)