oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

19 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Got to say the atmosphere was electric from the first whistle last night which surprised me given that the majority of fans seem to want Warnock out and there was still a Warnock chant in the 2nd half.

I'm stuck on weather the majority of fans are still behind Warnock or not - either way, the atmosphere i was proud of last night.

On performance, it was a extremely pleasing performance and brilliant result. Yes, there was times when Sheff utd had the majority of possession and cut us open easily (mainly down our right hand side), but i felt we dealt with the occasion extremely well and all players stood and put in a shift which is the bare minimum.

McNair, Crooks and Howson set the tone extremely early with crunching tackles on fleck and Norwood and it put us in good stead.

Before kick off i was worried with that starting line up and formation when i heard Tav at RWB but it worked last night, however personally i think that result and personnel formation shouldn't be a long term plan.

Bamba was excellent and a complete leader. Dominant performance but also vocally he managed Fry throughout the game, its just a massive shame given his age that we are going to have to manage how many games he plays because he cant keep that standard up 3 times a week. 

I am trying to keep away from negatives and hopefully last night's performance can be followed up by a good result again on Saturday going into the international break.

Personally feel sorry for Payero and Siliki as they are not the problem, but its hard to complain when we get the result.

Well done to all players and coaching staff last night. 

PS I wonder if Leo has stopped sulking after he was ridiculed from the 'Warnock show' in the 1st half. 

What warnock show? And how was he ridiculed?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

10 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Phew...relief!

A sorely needed win that probably wins Warnock a stay of execution.

Very entertaining first half. Saw some fluent football from both sides, but most surprisingly from Boro. Where have they been hiding that for the last several games?

Scored a couple of very well worked goals. Despite Sheffield having the bulk of possession Boro used what they had far more effectively. Thoroughly deserved half time lead.

Second half was a much scrappier affair. Both sides struggled to build any good moves. Though again the visitors enjoyed more possession and pressured our defence, they created very few really good chances.

Felt we were hanging on a bit at the end, but in a relatively comfortable manner (as opposed to the usual sweaty, nail-biting anxiety).

Would love to know what changed in the squad to turn in this kind of performance. Can only hope Warnock is able to bottle it and sprinkle it over the team before kick off for however long he is here.

A clean sheet was impressive and I thought we played with passion but It didn’t hide the fact we lack quality, pace and fitness. This was a fighting team that won the duel and both sides missed chances but the two goals we scored were classic. It’s amazing what can happen with shots on target.
We left gaps, to many gaps but they coped well even when United throw on fresh legs. Bamba gets my top score. 

Totally confused with NW comments and need to ask, if not him who is picking the team. I don’t like his label, foreigners and I don’t like the public statements when he refers to them either. I don’t like the fact he has abandoned them and distanced his involvement in signing players and if anything he is causing friction within the club. If we can move on without NW I would support it.  

I am not convinced we can go on a run, but there again I can’t think back to the time we last had 3 or 4 or 5 in a row, but this team is capable of mid table under almost any reasonable manager. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

What warnock show? And how was he ridiculed?

Shouted at Leo after the scuffle incident with the Sheff utd coaching staff. Told him rather aggressively and loudly "sit down and do not talk when i talk". 

Leo didnt get off his seat for the rest of the game like a naughty school boy in detention 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Shouted at Leo after the scuffle incident with the Sheff utd coaching staff. Told him rather aggressively and loudly "sit down and do not talk when i talk". 

Leo didnt get off his seat for the rest of the game like a naughty school boy in detention 

I think this is frustration and a sign of friction within the club. 

• Wow 1
16 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Let's hope NW apologised to LP afterwards because if not then all LP is to him is the club/bench mascot and is not really valued.

I do wonder though at times just why he is involved and stays with Boro (circumstances aside and well documented)

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Let's hope NW apologised to LP afterwards because if not then all LP is to him is the club/bench mascot and is not really valued.

I do wonder though at times just why he is involved and stays with Boro (circumstances aside and well documented)

I hope it gets resolved.. 

Just in case I was in any doubt as to what a coward Warnock is… throwing Payero under the bus, a young lad who’s just moved to a new country far from home with a new language/culture etc just to deflect blame away from himself. Absolutely pathetic 

I think @wilsoncgp summed it up nicely when he said if Warnock doesn’t like the new direction we’re trying to go in he knows where the door is. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

He's eyeing the job post warnock.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Just watching the post match presser, think he nearly had a moment of self realisation,

"I look at Crooksy's sending off and I think...'is it me?' with these referees"

I should imagine he had no cause for complaint with last nights ref, who did a good job in my opinion and possibly did us a favour by not sending off Sporar?

• Like 3