oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Just watching the post match presser, think he nearly had a moment of self realisation,

"I look at Crooksy's sending off and I think...'is it me?' with these referees"

Reminded me of this:

image.thumb.png.caa739c673c7b33e98bd9f6e8c365dcb.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Just watching the post match presser, think he nearly had a moment of self realisation,

"I look at Crooksy's sending off and I think...'is it me?' with these referees"

Surely not...he's such a nice guy...

Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

27 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Highlights from the game for your enjoyment

Wow Al not even a like? surprised enjoyed looking at the highlights and will even read the sports page of the paper today😑

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I should imagine he had no cause for complaint with last nights ref, who did a good job in my opinion and possibly did us a favour by not sending off Sporar?

Yeah he wasn't talking about last nights ref, who was great for a change - in fact yeah if anything his only wrong decision went in our favour so no complaints.

He was just talking generally.

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Wow Al not even a like? surprised enjoyed looking at the highlights and will even read the sports page of the paper today😑

You possibly need to consider that some people are working and don’t have the time to watch a highlights reel right now Alan 🤷‍♂️

😃

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Let's hope NW apologised to LP afterwards because if not then all LP is to him is the club/bench mascot and is not really valued.

I do wonder though at times just why he is involved and stays with Boro (circumstances aside and well documented)

I completely agree. I know he's good at telling substitution's where they need to be and also he's really one of the best at throwing water bottles on for the players throughout the game but yeah regardless of sentiment, its extremely embarrassing and not sure what he offers under Warnock.

• Like 1

bamba was great last night, great to see him on the pitch at all really from what he's been through. the guy commands respect.

kind of reminds me of Nigel pearson a touch. both very vocal and aggressive cb's. i think his style is also the perfect match for dael fry. he needs that aggressive cb who attacks the ball next to him. dael i think is a game reader and cover gaps, which works well for him to cover and sol to attack. 

hall is pretty average at everything always hampered by his lack of pace. i'd rather see sol keep his place after that performance. paddy in midfield i liked last night. i liked the shape up front and in midfield to. was it me or was that different set up to normal. i cant remember us setting up like that recently. have we done that before anyone? it might have changed throughout the game but i liked it when i started to pay attention to what was happening. 

we had 2 upfront pulling wide with crooks inbetween but slightly deeper. with 3 midfielders behind crooks i thought we covered the center of the pitch much better like that. and still had plenty of threat with tav and paddy probing and two actual strikers staying up most of the time. what i also liked was paddy dropping deeper and going into the back line at times to plug gaps and tav mainly wide right. which ment most of the time, like with the usual 433 we didnt see the wingers chasing fullbacks isolating the cf. it looked more fluid to with paddy and howson basically running everywhere across the middle. which probably suits them. 

idont like warnock and want rid of his asap but looked to me like had had a bit of a tactical rework and it was pretty good compared to what was before. watmore isnt really a striker he is a bit of a wide forward and suited that position last night perfectly. maybe warnock just decided to pick his team based on their strengths for once. instead of forcing square pegs in rounds holes to suit what he wanted.

looked like this:

-----sporar------------watmore

---------------crooks

------paddy -howson-- tav

bola---------sol----fry-------peltier

12 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You possibly need to consider that some people are working and don’t have the time to watch a highlights reel right now Alan 🤷‍♂️

😃

But you did Joe and that's enough for me😄

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

😃

It might be handy for those to decided to watch the Champions League last night! 

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

bamba was great last night, great to see him on the pitch at all really from what he's been through. the guy commands respect.

kind of reminds me of Nigel pearson a touch. both very vocal and aggressive cb's. i think his style is also the perfect match for dael fry. he needs that aggressive cb who attacks the ball next to him. dael i think is a game reader and cover gaps, which works well for him to cover and sol to attack. 

hall is pretty average at everything always hampered by his lack of pace. i'd rather see sol keep his place after that performance. paddy in midfield i liked last night. i liked the shape up front and in midfield to. was it me or was that different set up to normal. i cant remember us setting up like that recently. have we done that before anyone? it might have changed throughout the game but i liked it when i started to pay attention to what was happening. 

we had 2 upfront pulling wide with crooks inbetween but slightly deeper. with 3 midfielders behind crooks i thought we covered the center of the pitch much better like that. and still had plenty of threat with tav and paddy probing and two actual strikers staying up most of the time. what i also liked was paddy dropping deeper and going into the back line at times to plug gaps and tav mainly wide right. which ment most of the time, like with the usual 433 we didnt see the wingers chasing fullbacks isolating the cf. it looked more fluid to with paddy and howson basically running everywhere across the middle. which probably suits them. 

idont like warnock and want rid of his asap but looked to me like had had a bit of a tactical rework and it was pretty good compared to what was before. watmore isnt really a striker he is a bit of a wide forward and suited that position last night perfectly. maybe warnock just decided to pick his team based on their strengths for once. instead of forcing square pegs in rounds holes to suit what he wanted.

looked like this:

-----sporar------------watmore

---------------crooks

------paddy -howson-- tav

bola---------sol----fry-------peltier

I'm glad it didn't quite look like that as we might have shipped a few goals in last night😉

Talking of which well done Lumley best game for the Boro........................so far!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I completely agree. I know he's good at telling substitution's where they need to be and also he's really one of the best at throwing water bottles on for the players throughout the game but yeah regardless of sentiment, its extremely embarrassing and not sure what he offers under Warnock.

He appears to do a lot of work on the training ground.

• Like 1

I think last night shouldn't change anything. It has merely papered over the cracks.. if that. There clearly is still tensions in the club and there is an inevitable feeling about this and it points towards more troubles ahead.

I wonder how ppl will feel if we don't get a result on Saturday?