oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think last night shouldn't change anything. It has merely papered over the cracks.. if that. There clearly is still tensions in the club and there is an inevitable feeling about this and it points towards more troubles ahead.

I wonder how ppl will feel if we don't get a result on Saturday?

agree with that, although obviously happy we won i'm still not happy with warnock. we are going nowhere wit him in charge this season. seems to be more concerned about himself than us. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

he does much more that that, he translates for payero

I thought Warnock had an app for that? 

Or maybe he's just had a placard made up that reads: "Lo siento hijo, no vas a conseguir un juego hoy"

(Sorry son, you're not getting a game today) 😉

52 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think last night shouldn't change anything. It has merely papered over the cracks.. if that. There clearly is still tensions in the club and there is an inevitable feeling about this and it points towards more troubles ahead.

I wonder how ppl will feel if we don't get a result on Saturday?

If most of the forum ar like me John they will probably just press the reset button😄

Good game last night, really enjoyed it.  Makes such a difference when we actually seem to have some kind of attacking plan and Sporar and Watmore look good together up top, both speedy workhorses.

Just been looking at Watmore’s stats on Transfermarkt and he’s scored 10 goals in 36 games for us.  Not sure how many are starts and how many are sub appearances but that’s pretty good.  

Then I saw that he’s got 6 goals in 15 games as a striker, that’s a decent strike rate anyway but for a Boro striker that’s almost Ronaldo numbers 😁

He’s only got 1 assist for us though, which surprised me.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Got to say the atmosphere was electric from the first whistle last night which surprised me given that the majority of fans seem to want Warnock out and there was still a Warnock chant in the 2nd half.

I'm stuck on weather the majority of fans are still behind Warnock or not - either way, the atmosphere i was proud of last night.

It's definitely not as one-sided as this forum would make it seem, I don't really know any Boro fans in real life that want him out before the end of the season, most are content to watch the season play out. Like all things the ones who desperately want him out are obviously going to shout the loudest/post the most.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Foogle said:

It's definitely not as one-sided as this forum would make it seem, I don't really know any Boro fans in real life that want him out before the end of the season, most are content to watch the season play out. Like all things the ones who desperately want him out are obviously going to shout the loudest/post the most.

Out of our control anyway so as I said let's hope things can improve and get behind NW and team in doing so.

Thinking about it the Hull game is now in the "massive" catagory and as long as we are seen to be getting better the Warnock out folks will rally round the man and team hopefully.

No one wishes the Boro to lose just to have a moan at "the man"

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I’m still confused by Warnock implying that he’s not been allowed to pick the team he wants, with an obvious focus on the lads brought in from oversees. Payero has started ONE match, JLS two, are they really the reason we had only won 2 matches in 9? Even the Northern Echo running with that narrative now. It’s simply not true. 

I feel very sad for Payero 

When did he say this missed that?

39 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Out of our control anyway so as I said let's hope things can improve and get behind NW and team in doing so.

Thinking about it the Hull game is now in the "massive" catagory and as long as we are seen to be getting better the Warnock out folks will rally round the man and team hopefully.

No one wishes the Boro to lose just to have a moan at "the man"

I think if we win the next 10 games 5-0, somebody will find something to moan about, Its the modern day Facebook,Twitter generation. Im not suggesting there has not been anything to moan about but its miles over the top, You would think Warnock wanted to lose football matches & destroy the club. Why not enjoy the victory and look forward to the next game with optimism. UTB

• Like 4

First time I’ve seen those highlights, one thing that stood out for me was the amount of space their players were getting in our box. A bit more composure from their forwards to play in a team mate rather than take a rash shot and we’d have definately conceded.

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Yeah I think you make a excellent point tbf mate. I was led to believe it was one-sided because the amount of comments I believe on certain platforms and on here, but inside the ground it feels like the majority are still behind him.

• Like 1
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah I think you make a excellent point tbf mate. I was led to believe it was one-sided because the amount of comments I believe on certain platforms and on here, but inside the ground it feels like the majority are still behind him.

There was also fans which wanted us to get beat to crank pressure onto Gibson into sacking him. Absolute abysmal support. Regardless of who is in charge, you should always want your team to win.

• Like 3