oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

There was also fans which wanted us to get beat to crank pressure onto Gibson into sacking him. Absolute abysmal support. Regardless of who is in charge, you should always want your team to win.

Absolutely correct on this @diggerlad07 I can’t understand why any Boro fan would want us to lose

• Like 2
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Absolutely correct on this @diggerlad07 I can’t understand why any Boro fan would want us to lose

Because they hate the manager, the style of play & the direction we're going? I can see a lot of reasons why people might accept a loss if it meant a clean start with someone new. I'm one of them. If I had the choice of bumbling along with this current manager, or taking a loss knowing we can start fresh, I'd take the loss ten times out of ten. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Because they hate the manager, the style of play & the direction we're going? I can see a lot of reasons why people might accept a loss if it meant a clean start with someone new. I'm one of them. If I had the choice of bumbling along with this current manager, or taking a loss knowing we can start fresh, I'd take the loss ten times out of ten. 

Not for me @Brunners I want us to win every time we play 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Not for me @Brunners I want us to win every time we play 

Agree Joe win every time equals a win, win situation for me!

With the forum it is a platform for individuals to air their views, complain and declare annoyance about aspects with the Boro so we all become aware of those gripes.

Has not transmitted into the ground or the away areas for the travelling Boro fans indeed at Reading fans were singing his name.

We all want the best for Boro we do get irked about them and rightly so but at the end of the day we just want to see Boro do well.

Go back to what I have mentioned in the past, many of us are probably envious of those clubs who have moved on whilst we have stagnated for the last few years.

Who knows within a short while exciting days may well be ahead (two games against The Mackems to say the least😝)

23 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

There was also fans which wanted us to get beat to crank pressure onto Gibson into sacking him. Absolute abysmal support. Regardless of who is in charge, you should always want your team to win.

I agree, I still felt happy about us winning and I would always rather we win than lose generally speaking.

But I was so off last night watching us win. I don't want this manager in charge for any longer, that hasn't changed with one result and I always knew that would be the case whatever the result or performance last night. And I have to accept that a win keeps him in charge longer than I think is justifiable at this stage, a loss might have been the final straw. For me, he shouldn't have even been in charge of last night's game so we shouldn't have even had to contemplate that but he was and he won the game and won it well.

At the end of the day, I want us to win and get shot of him. But apparently sacking a manager after a win is also frowned upon. He has a long way to go to change my mind about him and that's a hole he's dug himself into and has to earn his way back from, one win doesn't change that because unlike what @Payero said the other day, we're not actually fickle like that.

That doesn't mean I want us to lose but it also doesn't mean I'm going to just be overwhelmingly happy when we're winning either. I know what that realistically means right now, it means keeping him in charge and one win isn't going to make me see that as a positive thing.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Good game last night, really enjoyed it.  Makes such a difference when we actually seem to have some kind of attacking plan and Sporar and Watmore look good together up top, both speedy workhorses.

Just been looking at Watmore’s stats on Transfermarkt and he’s scored 10 goals in 36 games for us.  Not sure how many are starts and how many are sub appearances but that’s pretty good.  

Then I saw that he’s got 6 goals in 15 games as a striker, that’s a decent strike rate anyway but for a Boro striker that’s almost Ronaldo numbers 😁

He’s only got 1 assist for us though, which surprised me.

I was surprised to hear Warnock state that he hasn't trained well which is why he's been left out. I always thought Watmore was the epitome of a top professional. Having said that, i don't really trust a word that comes out of Warnock's mouth, so it could just be ***. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I was surprised to hear Warnock state that he hasn't trained well which is why he's been left out. I always thought Watmore was the epitome of a top professional. Having said that, i don't really trust a word that comes out of Warnock's mouth, so it could just be ***. 

He did mention that he had some things going on at home so maybe his head hasn’t been in the right place for a couple of weeks

• Like 1

Have also seen the comments from Warnock in regards to Payero and Lea-Siliki and don’t think there’s too much in it. Certainly don’t think he’s saying he hasn’t nt been able to pick his team or forced to pick anyone. Think it’s as simple as he wanted to play them but has realised they aren’t up to speed or fitness and is playing players who area ahead of them.

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think after reading some of the comments post match that we'd played much better or differently when really it was largely the same, and against a mediocre opponent.

We created nothing at all really.  We scored from two good strikes but did nothing else throughout the game.  If you can hit those types of finishes every game then great but that's unlikely to happen so we're still stuck with the same issue of creating good chances.  The players worked hard to be fair, they looked like a team with their backs against the wall who knew they needed a big performance.  Well, that's great but it needs to happen every week.  The team that played last night is the bulk of the team that lost at Coventry for example.

Last night just reminded me of a game like Millwall at home last season, where we got off to a fast start and got into the lead early on.  It's what the Blackpool game this season could have been if we'd managed to score from 25 yards and go 2-0 up before half time as we did last night.  Our pressing was the same as always, in fact after the second goal it dropped off I thought, same as it does in every match as it goes on.  The two goals combined with how bad they are as an attacking side gave us what we needed to hold on to.  Just a word on Sheff Utd, they're actually a worse attacking side than we are.  Their shooting last night was abysmal, some wild shots from distance.  Looking at their record this season they've scored 13 goals in 10 games, but six of those were in one game against Peterborough so that leaves 7 in 9.  They've only managed to beat Peterborough, Hull and Derby this season, and the Derby game was a last minute winner after Derby had played with 10 men for over half an hour. 

Last night was a game that should have been viewed as a nailed on three points for any half decent team.  The positive for us is that we actually got it done this time rather than blowing another opportunity.  However the game itself was largely the same game we've seen for over a year now - pressing, lots of direct passing, not creating much, not really stopping an opposition from moving the ball on us etc.  We just got into a more comfortable lead last night against a team who didn't have much to offer against us really.  When the stars align we can get results, it's just that we can't get them aligned often enough.  We've got a run of 6 games now against teams below us where we should be viewed as favourites.  In fact we've basically got only one really difficult game between now and the middle of December, and that's against West Brom.  The only other team we play ahead of us during that time is Huddersfield and they look hit and miss at the moment.  That's about as good a run of games as you could hope for, and is a great opportunity to get into the top 6 before Xmas.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I know what you're saying but I just can't want Boro to lose.  As much as I want Warnock gone, during a game the natural instincts take over and I want a win.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know what you're saying but I just can't want Boro to lose.  As much as I want Warnock gone, during a game the natural instincts take over and I want a win.

Yeah, I know what you mean, in the moment I'll always celebrate a win in some form.

I just really want him gone lol

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think after reading some of the comments post match that we'd played much better or differently when really it was largely the same, and against a mediocre opponent.

We created nothing at all really.  We scored from two good strikes but did nothing else throughout the game.  If you can hit those types of finishes every game then great but that's unlikely to happen so we're still stuck with the same issue of creating good chances.  The players worked hard to be fair, they looked like a team with their backs against the wall who knew they needed a big performance.  Well, that's great but it needs to happen every week.  The team that played last night is the bulk of the team that lost at Coventry for example.

Last night just reminded me of a game like Millwall at home last season, where we got off to a fast start and got into the lead early on.  It's what the Blackpool game this season could have been if we'd managed to score from 25 yards and go 2-0 up before half time as we did last night.  Our pressing was the same as always, in fact after the second goal it dropped off I thought, same as it does in every match as it goes on.  The two goals combined with how bad they are as an attacking side gave us what we needed to hold on to.  Just a word on Sheff Utd, they're actually a worse attacking side than we are.  Their shooting last night was abysmal, some wild shots from distance.  Looking at their record this season they've scored 13 goals in 10 games, but six of those were in one game against Peterborough so that leaves 7 in 9.  They've only managed to beat Peterborough, Hull and Derby this season, and the Derby game was a last minute winner after Derby had played with 10 men for over half an hour. 

Last night was a game that should have been viewed as a nailed on three points for any half decent team.  The positive for us is that we actually got it done this time rather than blowing another opportunity.  However the game itself was largely the same game we've seen for over a year now - pressing, lots of direct passing, not creating much, not really stopping an opposition from moving the ball on us etc.  We just got into a more comfortable lead last night against a team who didn't have much to offer against us really.  When the stars align we can get results, it's just that we can't get them aligned often enough.  We've got a run of 6 games now against teams below us where we should be viewed as favourites.  In fact we've basically got only one really difficult game between now and the middle of December, and that's against West Brom.  The only other team we play ahead of us during that time is Huddersfield and they look hit and miss at the moment.  That's about as good a run of games as you could hope for, and is a great opportunity to get into the top 6 before Xmas.

Spot on this post.

He still needs to go. The only positive difference yesterday was we didn't keep up the bewildering man-marking system for 90 minutes, and even then we still got pulled all over the place a couple of times (If Ndiaye squares that ball instead of banging the post, it's a different game).

Watmore scoring a literal 1/100 effort and McNair managing to keep a scuffed hopeful hit on target does not a successful football team make.

• Like 1