oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

A do or die match against a club Warnock has deep connections too.

I've got a feeling we might pull off a surprise win here, which might not actually please some given the prevailing mood as it would likely save Warnock's job.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

A do or die match against a club Warnock has deep connections too.

I've got a feeling we might pull off a surprise win here, which might not actually please some given the prevailing mood as it would likely save Warnock's job.

Honestly, if we win I'll be both surprised and happy.

But no, it won't change my opinion of Warnock. As they say, one swallow does not make a Summer. He'd have to prove over the next couple of months he can make Boro difficult to beat and have us picking up points more often than not, before I'd change my mind.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Another defeat im afraid. Probably one of the more easier games to predict. Sheff Utd have hit form at the right time after a shaky start. 

They needed a 90th minute penalty to beat a 10 man Derby, and only had 1 other shot on target despite having that man advantage for half an hour.

They apparently did not play particularly well.

Their big wins have been against a badly struggling Hull and Peterborough.

Obviously we are also badly struggling, so it might be more of the same tomorrow, but it's not like they're storming the league right now.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They needed a 90th minute penalty to beat a 10 man Derby, and only had 1 other shot on target despite having that man advantage for half an hour.

Obviously we are also badly struggling, so it might be more of the same tomorrow, but it's not like they're storming the league right now.

It doesnt matter how you get results though. They are 4th in the form table, and they have a far better man in charge of their team. They will be there or there abouts end of the season imo. 

6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

It doesnt matter how you get results though. They are 4th in the form table, and they have a far better man in charge of their team. They will be there or there abouts end of the season imo. 

Of course it matters how you get results.

We beat Forest despite playing poorly because Forest were awful, and we were then shown up in the next two matches.

If their 3 wins in 4 were against very poor sides in and around the relegation zone, and they struggled against one of them with a man advantage, then it might be a sign that they're not actually that good.

I'm fairly sure they'll finish above us this season, as you'd expect with their squad and manager, but I'm not overly threatened by their recent results.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Despite their problems Rooney has at least got Derby organised & solid. We are neither. If we play man to man then we will look as disjointed and soft centred as usual. 10th game of the season and already I can barely be arsed to be bothered 👎🏻

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Death by a thousand cuts comes to mind!

I fear another melt down on the forum is still to come!

Home loss

Look on the bright side...at least you're guaranteed another high post count.

...even if it is mostly swearing and "Warnock Out" comments. 😉

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)