oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

7 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Not sure whether to buy a sports pass for tonight's game yet, do I want to watch more of the same, or the slim hope we pull it off at home.. 

you might be a little early John. The game is not until tomorrow night 😃

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Look on the bright side...at least you're guaranteed another high post count.

...even if it is mostly swearing and "Warnock Out" comments. 😉

Not worried at all Marcus as we are already past the 500 average for the SU game plus we are into 140 already for the Hull game

• Wow 1
9 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

What's this lie again about Juninho taking 18 months to get going. He was bloody good after a few games 

If anyone's got Scott's email or Twitter details they could tell him to ask Osvaldo if he fancies a go at managing us. If anyone could get us playing decent football TLF could.

32 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That press conference has just irritated me more.

All the foreign players are getting dropped and Howson is doing the work of 10 men.

I can't bring myself to watch it - you will be doing great work if you could just give me a brief rundown mate.

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I can't bring myself to watch it - you will be doing great work if you could just give me a brief rundown mate.

The foreign lads are all unfit and he's not going to pick them until they get fit now, he didn't want Lea-Siliki to go away with Cameroon next week as he doesn't think he'll play or train properly.

He claimed Payero was at fault for the goal yet again.

They're expecting the result of the red card appeal this afternoon.

Bola was in pain for the entirety of the match and they'll check on him today.

Had a weird pop at McNair for always being fit for Northern Ireland.

Load of stuff about loving Sheffield United.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The foreign lads are all unfit and he's not going to pick them until they get fit now, he didn't want Lea-Siliki to go away with Cameroon next week as he doesn't think he'll play or train properly.

He claimed Payero was at fault for the goal yet again.

They're expecting the result of the red card appeal this afternoon.

Bola was in pain for the entirety of the match and they'll check on him today.

Had a weird pop at McNair for always being fit for Northern Ireland.

Load of stuff about loving Sheffield United.

Just on the bit in bold, my interpretation of what he said towards the end of that segment was he is going to pick the best team whether fit or not now. So whether he is including the foreign lads in the "best" category is anyojes guess.

Also did say he has never had so many foreign players in a squad before. Yea and loads of crap about his time at Sheffield.

Warnock’s words are akin to a wounded animal - having one last hurrah before it dies.

Come on Neil, show some dignity. Just go. You’ve lost the goodwill of a sizeable part of the supporter base - and I have no doubt your pop at players won’t make them bust a gut for you. Losing faith from both the players and fans? That spells trouble - and plenty of it

Edited by Robin Johnson
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

What's this lie again about Juninho taking 18 months to get going. He was bloody good after a few games 

FFS, why do people insiist on exagerating/making stuff up to support their points?

NW said, Gibbo told him it took TLF 3 months to get up to speed. 

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

FFS, why do people insiist on exagerating/making stuff up to support their points?

Wasn't trying to exaggerate. But if you go to 9mins 34 on the press conference he did today he said a year to 18 months 😉

25 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Just on the bit in bold, my interpretation of what he said towards the end of that segment was he is going to pick the best team whether fit or not now. So whether he is including the foreign lads in the "best" category is anyojes guess.

Also did say he has never had so many foreign players in a squad before. Yea and loads of crap about his time at Sheffield.

2 non uk players in the starting line up and one more on the bench. More rubbsih

• Like 1

Why doesn't even one journalist have the balls to ask him a proper bloody question.

"Do you think your man marking system is working? Will you consider changing it?"

"Why does the team look so open, especially in central areas? How do you plan to address it?"

"Is the team underperforming, considering the Summer investment from Gibson?"

"Where do you believe we should be in the league table? What would be considered a failure this season?"

"Why are we so ineffective from set pieces? Are they being worked at on the training ground?"

"Why don't Middlesbrough have the trademark 'hard to beat' tag of a Warnock side? Have you changed approach, or are the players not able to follow your instructions?"

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Wasn't trying to exaggerate. But if you go to 9mins 34 on the press conference he did today he said a year to 18 months 😉

ok, sorry, I haven't seen todays press conference. 

he said 3 months in the one a few weeks ago

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

No he didn't, he literally said Gibbo told him it took him a year to 18 months.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)