oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Spot on this post.

He still needs to go. The only positive difference yesterday was we didn't keep up the bewildering man-marking system for 90 minutes, and even then we still got pulled all over the place a couple of times (If Ndiaye squares that ball instead of banging the post, it's a different game).

Watmore scoring a literal 1/100 effort and McNair managing to keep a scuffed hopeful hit on target does not a successful football team make.

I would have been fuming with that considering the clear handball in the build up like, but I get your point.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Daveybongeye said:
3 hours ago, Foogle said:

It's definitely not as one-sided as this forum would make it seem, I don't really know any Boro fans in real life that want him out before the end of the season, most are content to watch the season play out. Like all things the ones who desperately want him out are obviously going to shout the loudest/post the most.

A few gobshytes on here do not represent the majority of decent Boro fans.

Go on Kelloe lad, you tell em 👊

I don't know any Boro fans in real life that want him to stay, Foogle.  Being content to watch the season play out almost seems like you're not really bothered about the outcome, which doesn't sound like any Boro fan I know, although I'm sure it's not meant that way.  None of the fans I know use this forum, or are particularly active on social media either.  Just sitting at games you hear plenty of negative comments about Warnock.  There's obviously a difference between that and widespread dissent of course but Boro fans don't really do widespread dissent nowadays.  The most you're likely to get from us is some booing at half time or full time.  Even under Woodgate when we were struggling it's not like there was any Woodgate out chants.  We just don't do it now for whatever reason.  I'd say apathy is a more likely reason than being happy with the status quo.  Things might get a bit more vociferous at an away game, as we saw with Mowbray by the end, but generally we just sit there and shrug at the Riverside, then go home.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Id never actively want us to lose. But I've also not cared about a result, win or lose, since we secured survival. I just don't care. And that's the apathy that I want rid of. 

I agree with this, last night I at no point wanted us to lose and was as delighted as anyone that we won.

Having said that if we had of lost and it put Warnock a game closer to leaving I definitely wouldn't have lost any sleep.

I also agree with CT in that the performance, while certainly better than most of the games this season still had a lot of the same issues as other games.

• Like 1

Some strange viewpoints on here wanting us to loose! I get you may not like Warnock but while he’s here surely back us and want us to win? If we were wanting to go in a different direction then we shouldn’t have renewed Warnock for another season BUT we have. So then surely we back him and the club back him to play his way and sign his players that will work for him. No point getting him to stay a season and targeting promotion or play offs and sign players for a manager and plan we don’t have yet. Payero etc may have been signed with the future in mind and if so then that’s what they may have to be... players for the future and not for Warnock. 

• Like 1

To be honest if we had played like that for a sustained period we probably wouldnt be as unhappy with Warnock as we are! Now were just left questioning why we suddenly played actual football! The long passes we did make seemed more like targetted balls behind their high line or cross field balls when we were overloading their full back. I actually think that exact system would be perfect to have Coulson and Spence either side....

Theres also something about Mr T I just dont like and am struggling to see why he is being given the development minutes.

Only just read this thread from page 8 onwards and must admit it was surprisingly funny, many ppl critical of Bamba yet he was excellent, some posters backtracked, others didnt comment any further and a few basically sticking to their guns and making out the one swallow doesnt make a spring.  Dont get me wrong I had concerns that Sharpe was gonna run rings around the defence when i saw the starting lineup, but I guess thats why Im not a football manager. 

What I though was better last night is the way we pressed them higher up the pitch, Crooks had a great game getting a foot in and preventing them from building up any pressure. Like others have said the overall performance wasnt that different to others this season with the exception that we won and that was due to no silly mistakes in defence.  There were a few occasions when they were a man over down their left in the first half and this was due to Tav either not tracking back or getting pulled out of position. Credit to Bola for his first half contribution but he seemed to go off the boil after his knock in the first half, maybe he was scared of aggravating an injury?

Lets see if we can maul the tiger and make it 2 in a row......UTB!!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I agree, I still felt happy about us winning and I would always rather we win than lose generally speaking.

But I was so off last night watching us win. I don't want this manager in charge for any longer, that hasn't changed with one result and I always knew that would be the case whatever the result or performance last night. And I have to accept that a win keeps him in charge longer than I think is justifiable at this stage, a loss might have been the final straw. For me, he shouldn't have even been in charge of last night's game so we shouldn't have even had to contemplate that but he was and he won the game and won it well.

At the end of the day, I want us to win and get shot of him. But apparently sacking a manager after a win is also frowned upon. He has a long way to go to change my mind about him and that's a hole he's dug himself into and has to earn his way back from, one win doesn't change that because unlike what @Payero said the other day, we're not actually fickle like that.

That doesn't mean I want us to lose but it also doesn't mean I'm going to just be overwhelmingly happy when we're winning either. I know what that realistically means right now, it means keeping him in charge and one win isn't going to make me see that as a positive thing.

Completely echo everything you said in that post mate as that's exactly how I'm feeling

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I agree, I still felt happy about us winning and I would always rather we win than lose generally speaking.

But I was so off last night watching us win. I don't want this manager in charge for any longer, that hasn't changed with one result and I always knew that would be the case whatever the result or performance last night. And I have to accept that a win keeps him in charge longer than I think is justifiable at this stage, a loss might have been the final straw. For me, he shouldn't have even been in charge of last night's game so we shouldn't have even had to contemplate that but he was and he won the game and won it well.

At the end of the day, I want us to win and get shot of him. But apparently sacking a manager after a win is also frowned upon. He has a long way to go to change my mind about him and that's a hole he's dug himself into and has to earn his way back from, one win doesn't change that because unlike what @Payero said the other day, we're not actually fickle like that.

That doesn't mean I want us to lose but it also doesn't mean I'm going to just be overwhelmingly happy when we're winning either. I know what that realistically means right now, it means keeping him in charge and one win isn't going to make me see that as a positive thing.

Agree with you 100%, and there lies the problem, I don't like to see us lose either, but every win keeps Warnock in charge for a lot longer than many of us would like to see. What a bloody awful predicament for a Boro fan to be in.

2 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Agree with you 100%, and there lies the problem, I don't like to see us lose either, but every win keeps Warnock in charge for a lot longer than many of us would like to see. What a bloody awful predicament for a Boro fan to be in.

Is it really an awful predicament?

If he starts winning again then we're back in the mix.

Most of the people who have turned on Warnock have done so because of the results and the performances, not because he's a daft Brexiteer or because he has thrown a player under the bus that not a single Boro fan will have heard of before we were linked with him.

I was one of those throwing in the towel on Saturday, and yesterday doesn't erase that, but every win under Warnock chips away at the reason to get rid of him for most fans.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

There was also fans which wanted us to get beat to crank pressure onto Gibson into sacking him. Absolute abysmal support. Regardless of who is in charge, you should always want your team to win.

I always want us to win irregardless of who the manager is, i just can't stand the way the present manager is going about it. 

• Like 2