oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

Gosh can anyone remember a match day thread so full of toxic from the word go?

As mentioned earlier if we lose or do not play a far better game this place is not going to be a way of calming down.

Are we alone as a forum with our feelings

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

I reckon after listening to the press conference it'll be something like this:

----------------Lumley-------------

--Peltier--Fry--Hall--Bola---

--------Howson---Mcnair-------

-----Tav-----Crooks---Jones--

-----------------Uche----------------

I reckon we'll go one nil up in the first half and then stop playing again. Get beat 2 or 3-1. Predictable as you like. 

Usually love a night game, although it's meant to be raining, so could be extra miserable if we get beat. 

I am positive you won’t get the best out of someone with criticism. Now a good mentor works wonders. I am just getting a little more then disappointed listening to so many excuses and no solutions.  

I am going for a BORO win, I know ridiculous, mad really but I think someone is going to come forward and take the lead. I sense a win..  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Gosh can anyone remember a match day thread so full of toxic from the word go?

As mentioned earlier if we lose or do not play a far better game this place is not going to be a way of calming down.

Are we alone as a forum with our feelings

What did you make of the atmosphere on Saturday, DS? I've never heard our lot so quiet... there seemed to be a fair bit of apathy in the stands. I haven't been to a home game yet so not sure if it's been the same at the Riverside. 

Outsung by Reading fans... a dark day! 

• Sad 1
54 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Why doesn't even one journalist have the balls to ask him a proper bloody question.

"Do you think your man marking system is working? Will you consider changing it?"

"Why does the team look so open, especially in central areas? How do you plan to address it?"

"Is the team underperforming, considering the Summer investment from Gibson?"

"Where do you believe we should be in the league table? What would be considered a failure this season?"

"Why are we so ineffective from set pieces? Are they being worked at on the training ground?"

"Why don't Middlesbrough have the trademark 'hard to beat' tag of a Warnock side? Have you changed approach, or are the players not able to follow your instructions?"

I don't actually think it's related to why he doesn't anymore, or at least I hope not, but Joe Nicholson from the Hartlepool Mail used to ask good questions in the press conferences, he's now been moved on to focusing on Sunderland.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't actually think it's related, but Joe Nicholson from the Hartlepook  used to ask good questions in the press conferences, he's now been moved on to focusing on Sunderland.

Strange, given that he's a Boro fan.

31 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

What did you make of the atmosphere on Saturday, DS? I've never heard our lot so quiet... there seemed to be a fair bit of apathy in the stands. I haven't been to a home game yet so not sure if it's been the same at the Riverside. 

Outsung by Reading fans... a dark day! 

To be honest an air of realisation once they scored, half hearted singing which did not last long.

Why we did not threaten again after nearly scoring early on is beyond me.

Simply no pride or belief in the team and Management

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No surprise there.

Daft decision.

I understand that the ref apologised after the game to NW admitting he made a mistake and that he should not have been sent off. Mind you he had  Reading players baying for blood straight away before the card was shown may have been influenced by them to a degree

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I understand that the ref apologised after the game to NW admitting he made a mistake and that he should not have been sent off. Mind you he had  Reading players baying for blood straight away before the card was shown may have been influenced by them to a degree

If you believe NW, the ref told him it wasn't him who made the decision, it was his linesman who said he'd gone in studs up.

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If you believe NW, the ref told him it wasn't him who made the decision, it was his linesman who said he'd gone in studs up.

And the linesman was on the other side of the challenge on the other side of the pitch in the midst of a relatively crowded penalty box. There's no way they saw anything of the actual collision and to be fair, I think the ref should know that too.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)