oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)

5 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Warnock is just getting his excuses in early as the writing is on the wall for his time here unless something drastic changes. Warnock didn't even particularly rate Morsy as he just isn't very good. He's just a pawn in Warnock's blame game of deflecting blame from himself onto others. His comments stench of a man under heavy pressure and the Evening Gazette seem to have been given the green light to go ask scrutinising for the first time in many years, so it feels like we could be looking for a new manager in the near future if results and performances don't improve very quickly.

Sheffield United play a 4-2-3-1 so I'm expecting us to match them up into something like: Lumley; Peltier, Hall, Fry, Bola; Howson, McNair; Tavernier, Crooks, Jones; Sporar. Whilst I don't like McNair in midfield, especially holding midfield, I think he's the most likely option to put there to shore up the midfield given Warnock's comments regarding Payero and Siliki.

Sporar is far too foreign, expect Uche back in.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't honestly understand how a midfielder like Payero is meant to perform when he doesn't get the ball. To both @KeithLambsFaxMachine and @TeaCider24, I didn't have Payero down as performing p

Slightly surprised at how chipper people seem to be after last night.  Not in terms of the result obviously, but the game was much like any other we've had since Warnock has been here.  You'd think af

It must be really tough on Payero. A Young lad thousands of miles away from family and friends and from all the familiar things he grew up with, even the smells of Cooking that will all be different t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

If he does do this then what a smack in the face this is to a lot of people in the club who have travelled to red listed countries, put hours/days/weeks into scouting, negotiating, then had to isolate and quarantine away from their families in order to get Payero and Sporar over the line. 

Whilst I dont agree with NW reasoning for dropping the lads from overseas. As it seems the UK lads are entitled to a bad game or 10 but the overseas are not and are deemed “unfit”

I also respectfully dont agree with your reasoning for playing them. They cant play just because someone has travelled miles and quarantined to sign them.

P.S: I would love to be a football scout and would happily travel miles and quarantine to go watch players and get handsomely paid for it.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Whilst I dont agree with NW reasoning for dropping the lads from overseas. As it seems the UK lads are entitled to a bad game or 10 but the overseas are not and are deemed “unfit”

I also respectfully dont agree with your reasoning for playing them. They cant play just because someone has travelled miles and quarantined to sign them.

P.S: I would love to be a football scout and would happily travel miles and quarantine to go watch players and get handsomely paid for it.

yeah so my point is more focussed on the first part of what you are saying.

To me, it reads as though Warnock isnt playing these lads simply because they don't fit into his philosophy and if that was his intention all along then why let people within the club waste so much time, money and effort going after them in the first place. 

I totally agree that because you've put time into signing someone doesnt automatically make them worthy in playing but it almost feels like these lads are not playing as part of some off field power struggle and that's not good for anyone.  

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Make no mistake, the foreign lads are getting shafted because they aren't Warnock signings, it's as simple as that. He needs to go.

• Like 3

whats annoyed the hell out of me with warnock other than his tactics and rants at officials. he wouldnt play payero due to settling in period for him. then threw the others straight in, now hes complaining about it. i mean ffs he pretty much had to throw siliki in we had barely any options. who else did he throw in sporar? we've not got the ball to him and hes clearly fit. so cant blame him. onel has been probs best player since he came. so the guy is basically picking on siliki payero and now uche. while in the mean time the home grown guys who have been invisible on the pitch ' yes you howson' gets off scott free. i imagine all the players getting on fine but warnock must be like marmite for the squad. howson will love him mind lol

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheffield United 2-0 (Watmore, McNair)