oneBoro Forum

Hull City v Boro 2-0

20 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Really?

We didn't sack him after 2 wins from 9 games, so why would we do so if we fail to win one more game?

Most of the talk this season has been of the club just being in a holding pattern until we appoint a long-term replacement for Warnock.

We get a 3rd win and suddenly people are talking about the play-offs again... 🤷‍♂️

If we end up achieving mid-table mediocrity again, he'll have done his job. If we reach the play-offs, thats a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I wasn't really talking about him getting sacked - although I think losing to Hull would push him closer to the door, personally. 

Hull are awful this year, so we should be winning it comfortably.

When Scott first came in I was okay with midtable mediocrity again; but if NW is going to keep talking about playoffs/promotion, people can rightly judge him on that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I wasn't really talking about him getting sacked - although I think losing to Hull would push him closer to the door, personally. 

Hull are awful this year, so we should be winning it comfortably.

When Scott first came in I was okay with midtable mediocrity again; but if NW is going to keep talking about playoffs/promotion, people can rightly judge him on that.

Sorry - the sacking comment was aimed at Dan BTID. I was quoting both of you.

Hull definitely have had a bad start to the season and we should win this game. But as we know Boro never do anything the easy way. Any game is a potential banana skin, as the players (and manager) have a habit of losing their heads, if things don't go their way.

If I recall correctly, Warnock was talking about promotion last season and quite a few people on here were expecting us to make the play-offs as a minimum (with some "Warnock out" comments appearing when it became obvious we wouldn't get there). 

Personally I'm not convinced we have either the quality in the squad, or consistency necessary to make the top 6...but will be happy if I'm proven wrong. If the Sheffield game proves to be a springboard then great...

• Like 1

We have to win this one don't we? Promoted club already in the relegation zone. Without knowing much about their squad I doubt many of them would get into ours, so it's all going to be about how Warnock sets us up and has us play. Will we play football or succumb to Hulls level and make it a slug. Warnock needs to take control over games like this and not set us up like against Derby, Blackpool, Reading etc. I have so little faith in Warnock that I'm going for a 1-0 Hull win.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

One or two knocks claims Warnock. Apparently wants an unchanged team. I have a suspicion one of those with knocks could well be Tav as he appeared to receive treatment at the final whistle…..

I'm just surprised he hasn't already blamed the ref🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

Shall we keep the same line up that beat Sheffield United?

Personally, I'd put Payero in instead of Tav, who was rather wasteful and easily the weakest of our front four midweek. Otherwise, I'd stick with the same team, and let's hope Bamba can become the defensive rock we've needed since Ayala left.

Who is your favourite player that played for both us and them?

Boateng. Such a calming presence on the pitch, and probably one of our most underrated post-Millennial players.

Can you think of anything that is more orange than Phil Brown was?

David Dickinson, an orange, the Orange Order, a Netherlands home international crowd... though I agree, Phil's surname is entirely inappropriate.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Shall we keep the same line up that beat Sheffield United?

Personally, I'd put Payero in instead of Tav, who was rather wasteful and easily the weakest of our front four midweek. Otherwise, I'd stick with the same team, and let's hope Bamba can become the defensive rock we've needed since Ayala left.

Who is your favourite player that played for both us and them?

Boateng. Such a calming presence on the pitch, and probably one of our most underrated post-Millennial players.

Can you think of anything that is more orange than Phil Brown was?

David Dickinson, an orange, the Orange Order, a Netherlands home international crowd... though I agree, Phil's surname is entirely inappropriate.

I think he was actually playing RWB was he not? Was difficult to tell at times watching, but I'm sure I've read after people saying it was a back 5.

I genuinely couldn't tell through the game, mostly there was just a massive hole over there.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think he was actually playing RWB was he not? Was difficult to tell at times watching, but I'm sure I've read after people saying it was a back 5.

I genuinely couldn't tell through the game, mostly there was just a massive hole over there.

I really think it was a back 5, or rather a back 3 with wing-backs. Bola didn't spend much time alongside his fellow defenders either so I think him and Tav were wing-backs. Like a few other times we've played with wing-backs, deep throw-ins we wanted to take long were taken by RCB on one side or LCB on the other, I think. Watmore and Sporar both played up front pretty much so it wasn't Watmore and Tav on either wing.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Hull City v Boro 2-0