oneBoro Forum

Hull City v Boro 2-0

The Gazette said we started as follows against Sheff Utd:

"Up top, Watmore has the central role with Sporar to the left but very close by while Tav is far wider of the right." 

They also said Tav only went to RWB after 55 minutes, so he was part of the attacking setup for most of the game.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

He’s keeping that one in his back pocket for later….

As well as foreigners, bad calls, depth of squad, amount of games, weather, transport, lack of sleep and that’s after we win. 

53 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

As well as foreigners, bad calls, depth of squad, amount of games, weather, transport, lack of sleep and that’s after we win. 

Water on the floor in the changing rooms was my personal favourite post game excuse

• Haha 1

07/02/1922 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Hull City  5 Boro 5 - FAC

Record of Hull City v Boro will be the 36th meeting between the two teams on Humberside with the following record:

Won 6

Drew 13

Lost 16

Goals scored – 45

Goals against - 61 

Hattricks & more in games v Hull City

22nd March 1969 - John Hickton scored 4 goals in a 5-3 win at Ayresome Park to become the 13th different Boro player to score 4 & 27th overall

24 April 2011 - Scott McDonald scored our 39th away hattrick when scoring 3 in a 4-2 win at Hull, becoming the 56 different HT scorer & our 138th HT overall

13th October 1973 - Malcolm Poskett made his one & only appearance when he was used as a 2nd hald sub, coming  on for David Mills with 13 minutes remaining on a 1-0 home win. As a Boro player he played the least number of minutes on the pitch & only the 2nd Boro player to make only one sub appearance & gone

Celab Folan is the only loaned player we signed from Hull, he made one appearance as a 2nd half sub in a 5-0 home defeat to WBA

A number of players who played for both team

John Hickton

George Boateng

Dean Windass

Dani Ayala

Nick Barmby

Ray Parlour

Andy payton

Danny Graham

• Like 4

Feels like a very big match against a very poor team.

Win and we're halfway back on track after a very sticky spell, lose and all the good work from Tuesdsy is erased.

I hope the 3,500 Boro fans come home happy, wish I could have went with them, bloody weddings.

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Feels like a very big match against a very poor team.

Win and we're halfway back on track after a very sticky spell, lose and all the good work from Tuesdsy is erased.

I hope the 3,500 Boro fans come home happy, wish I could have went with them, bloody weddings.

Is that the figures 3500 are travelling to Hull? 
In my early days and that’s quite a few decades ago, we traveled all over the county, even to night match’s such as Portsmouth. Seems nuts now but the atmosphere was tremendous and probably the most emotional was Wolves.  

21 hours ago, Borodane said:

We have to win this one don't we? Promoted club already in the relegation zone. Without knowing much about their squad I doubt many of them would get into ours, so it's all going to be about how Warnock sets us up and has us play. Will we play football or succumb to Hulls level and make it a slug. Warnock needs to take control over games like this and not set us up like against Derby, Blackpool, Reading etc. I have so little faith in Warnock that I'm going for a 1-0 Hull win.

I think thats probably what I'm most worried about.

We could play them off the park, but equally we could get dragged into a niggly, ill-disciplined scrap. Refs in this division already make some strange decisions as it is, without Warnock's antics and if our lads start picking up bookings, it could all go Pete Tong rather quickly.

• Downsouth changed the title to Hull City v Boro 2-0