• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I honestly don’t even care about this result. Like I’m just empty about us now, have been most the season. Used to ruin my day when we lost. Barely bat on eye now.

I'm pleased I didn't renew my streaming subscription with the club. It was £140 last season and it was bumped up to £170 for this season. Not that I couldn't afford it, it's just the principal. I'm watching dodgy links for free and it's all very unenjoyably. 

I hear people saying that its a tough one today as we had lots of chances, and it is true, but thats the style of football warnock creates.

Its basically rub of the green football, theres no real tactics or gameplay, its hit and hope with the notion that a couple of balls with fall nicely for us. sheffield was the perfect example, we didnt really create any chances, we scored one wonder goal and the second came with 2 deflections before the ball falls at mcnairs feet, in that game we had the rub of the green. Same against forrest, poor game all round be we got the rub of the green. we didnt out play either of those teams.
the problem with style is obvious, its pot luck as to whether your lucks in that week, and it always give the other team an equal chance at beating you if your playing purely for luck, then the ball could fall kindly for them also.

we need to set the team up to dominate and outplay the bad teams in the league, no just play for a lucky break. Unfortunatly warnock dosent have the ability to coach this so we need somebody in asap who can. enough of this hit and hope nonesense.

• Like 7

Just one more point I would like to make before I retreat to my Guinness to console me. How can an employee of a business be allowed to devalue 8 million pounds worth of assets ( Payero and Siliki) just because he doesn’t agree with the decision. I really do not like Warnock now !!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, macapes said:

Can I slag him off for the awful tactics leading to so few chances?  We basically have to score every chance to win anything.

You can but in a game of few chances in terrible conditions they scored there chances  we missed ours . Not saying I want him to stay before that comes 😂

Just now, Brunners said:

Except with a better manager we would hopefully play better football and create even more chances. Yes, today we should have scored some of our opportunities, I'm not denying that, but we got those chances despite NW not because of him.

Also we tested the keeper twice, actually, he made a good save vs Tav first half & McNair second.

OMG. Of course you will say that about NW. It's a bloody witch hunt.
And The highlighted is why I dont comment often. Talk about under the microscope!!
I missed the first half so didnt see Tavs effort. And thought it was Sporar who tested in the 2nd half. His first effort was pathetic. Had plenty of time to take it around the keeper.
NW is not the best, but he is not the worst. Everyone screamed for Pulis to go. Things didnt go too well after he did did they?
Unless we have a decent, and I mean DECENT option to replace NW then I think everyone should just calm the fk down.

Good Strikers probably average a 1 in 3 ratio of goals to chances. We missed two great chances but the problem is we do not create enough chances which is why our missed chances are so costly.

Our tactics today as with most other games under Warnock since the start of 2021 were dull, uninspiring, mentally weak, solely reliant on easily read long balls which failed miserably as they have for ten months now. The Sheffield Utd result was a blip and nothing to believe that we had turned a corner, we just got them on the right night and defended for our lives to keep them at bay. 

Just now, BoroAbroad said:

OMG. Of course you will say that about NW. It's a bloody witch hunt.
And The highlighted is why I dont comment often. Talk about under the microscope!!
I missed the first half so didnt see Tavs effort. And thought it was Sporar who tested in the 2nd half. His first effort was pathetic. Had plenty of time to take it around the keeper.
NW is not the best, but he is not the worst. Everyone screamed for Pulis to go. Things didnt go too well after he did did they?
Unless we have a decent, and I mean DECENT option to replace NW then I think everyone should just calm the fk down.

Wow a NW and a Pulis apologist in one post.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Wow a NW and a Pulis apologist in one post.

We were never this bad under Pulis and have not got anywhere near as high as we were in the league under him. I don’t get why people keep going back at Pulis when he’s the best we have had since relegation 

• Like 1